OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

We’re trying to get rondo. If we give up mann in a rondo deal....onky way I’d be okay with it would be getting a championship out of it

Lou scoring 15k career points last night was a clear indication that he gone

not made at the trade to get rondo though since we're not giving up much

Lou scoring 15k career points last night was a clear indication that he gone

not made at the trade to get rondo though since we're not giving up much

Now this I can live with. Louwill gets to play his last year(s) in ATL. I don’t like rondo at all. Hate him, even. But he provides the main thing we’re missing from our point guards. I’ve never believed in this “playoff rondo”thing but we’ll see :lol:

I've been out on LPL since he took his vacation during the bubble. That's not a championship mentality.

I'm sure of rondos skillset, I just hope his personality is in check.

Beverly can only give this team 15 healthy minutes a game.

Mann is ready for a bigger role.

Imo

Now this I can live with. Louwill gets to play his last year(s) in ATL. I don’t like rondo at all. Hate him, even. But he provides the main thing we’re missing from our point guards. I’ve never believed in this “playoff rondo”thing but we’ll see :lol:

exactly, its a win win situation for me. we didnt do lou dirty and sent him home while bringing in a point guard that will facilitate.

not like any of those 2nd round picks will amount to anything and ballmer got cash to burn anyways.

not the path i would have taken but its an improvement, more pt for mann isnt a bad thing and hopefully puts some pressure on kennard to play better

rondo should have just chosen the clips in the off-season

I hope rondo translates to a higher defensive intensity since kawhi and pg won't have to spend so much energy playing defacto point guard.

And

Easy buckets off rondo pnr and in open court

well okc has like 34 picks for the next 7 or so years, most of those are bound to be useless :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
I’m not a huge Rondo fan either, but he definitely adds some things we need. I’m good with this trade.

Now if we can add another big off the buy out market, I’ll be pretty satisfied.

Hated him since his boston days. Hated those boston teams. Pierce andRay were cool but KG and Rondo were obnoxious
I totally agree. He hasn't been my favorite.

He appears to have every single thing this team needs in a point guard. Let's hope we get the best of him and not the worst

any clue what big is going to be on the buyout market that we can realistically pick up?

seems like LAL/Nets would be favorites for drummond and miami for LMA

Rondo should have just signed from the start.

with the signings we had, i dont think we had the cap space for him?
the trade to me is kinda like the morris trade from last deadline, coundnt get em in the offseason so we made the small cost trade to get them at the deadline

another thing i guess we can note now is that we'll prob see more luke minutes since we wont have to worry about a reggie/lou/luke defensive liability lineup anymore

any clue what big is going to be on the buyout market that we can realistically pick up?

seems like LAL/Nets would be favorites for drummond and miami for LMA

Those are the guys I had in mind. But I’d agree we’d have to “steal” them from the teams you mentioned.

Since the Pistons seem to be in total rebuild mode, I wonder if they might buy out Plumlee.
I haven’t heard anything about it though.

I mean, I think we all have mixed feelings for rondo. But we can't deny that we all have a renewed sense of positive energy for what could happen. Right?

Yes. That could go away depending on how he looks after he gets here, but sitting here right now, I see it as a positive development.

I mean, I think we all have mixed feelings for rondo. But we can't deny that we all have a renewed sense of positive energy for what could happen. Right?

yup, i think a lot of fans feel like we gave up too much, but if rondo pans out like we need him to be, then it was worth it.
we add a guy with good basketball IQ that doesnt require to shoot (will instead facilitate the offense to create shots for PG,Kawhi,Morris, etc) while playing defense and by trading Lou, we open up more playing time for both Mann and Kennard

yup, i think a lot of fans feel like we gave up too much, but if rondo pans out like we need him to be, then it was worth it.
we add a guy with good basketball IQ that doesnt require to shoot (will instead facilitate the offense to create shots for PG,Kawhi,Morris, etc) while playing defense and by trading Lou, we open up more playing time for both Mann and Kennard
I think the best of rondo vs. The best of Lou...

Rondo

Imo

^^^ A lot of fans must value 2nd round picks a lot more than I do.

They’re relatively easy to come by as team assets go and, when you have them, they rarely turn into a regular rotation player.

I’ll take Rondo now over the small chance of drafting another T-Mann down the line.

Back
Top Bottom