OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

This. He's particularly still very, very raw on offense. And in today's NBA, a team is really handicapped by playing someone who is no kind of offensive threat at all. And, he doesn't seem like he's at the point that his defense could come close to making up for that. Wish him the best, but I'm pretty convinced at this point that he's not the next Draymond, so not too broken up by seeing him go.

Andre Roberson has a role in this league. Brendan Dawson and him have a similar skillset and athletic profile

Andre Roberson has a role in this league. Brendan Dawson and him have a similar skillset and athletic profile

Yeah, and every team the Thunder faced in the playoffs game-planned to force Roberson to make shots. The got where they did because he hit enough of those shots. Dawson doesn't seem nearly ready to produce like that on offense.

This is probably his best shot at getting a gig in the league but LAC already has a player like Roberson in Luc. There was just not a real need to play him on a team that's trying to compete for a championship. 

There really wasn't room for a wing who couldn't shoot or play offense that well. Also, random cutting is an underrated skill and Luc and Andre both do it very well. 

I just don't see why I would play Dawson. At least CJ had an NBA skill that when given a chance kind of bled through. For Branden and Reggie Bullock even, that wasn't the case. 

But it's a tough draw when you're a young player that gets drafted to a championship team. Golden State wasn't playing Kevin Looney during their championship run. The Cavs weren't playing Jordan McRae during their playoff run. Rookies and young guys just don't play on championship contenders. Hope he finds a place in the L though. Dope guy.

So we have an open spot now, right? Lance, anyone?

:nerd: :nerd:

Or is there a team still wiiling/able to pay him big money? :lol:

Since the Grizzlies decided not to bring him back, I haven't heard **** about Lance. Literally nothing. That's probably a good indication no teams are throwing big $ deals at him.

Vinny Played Chauncey a bit too much but even still, that was the 2nd best LAC team in the Big 3 era. (Last year's squad was probably the best) I think they could have really done some things in the playoffs had Blake not broke his ankle.

Also it's crazy to watch Chris Paul become a better player as he's getting older. He's better now than when he first got to LAC, which shouldn't be the case. Especially as a scorer, these last two years he's been great.

Last edited:
Barely Clippers related, but funny (at least to me)

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 3h3 hours ago

clipsnation​.com >> DeAndre Jordan and other players discuss “sliding into the DM’s” http://buzztap.com/-16L7X9

If someone else can figure out how to embed the video directly, my thanks to you. I couldn't.

Saw a couple tweets today saying PP is coming back. Then saw one that said he hasn't decided. But I have the feeling he's back.

NBA sources say Clippers are actively exploring sites for new arena. One area that interest : Westside. Staples Center Lease last through 2024
I wonder if they find an area that they want badly enough, could they somehow get out of that lease and get an arena happening sooner? Don't know if that's even possible.

Also, "Westside" is kind of vague to me. What does Kevin mean by westside?

I wonder if they find an area that they want badly enough, could they somehow get out of that lease and get an arena happening sooner? Don't know if that's even possible.

I don't know, but I have a feeling that he means it in a broader sense than I typically use it. There's no way an arena could go in Beverly Hills, West LA, Venice or Santa Monica. Might be some room in Culver City or Playa/Vista/Westchester. But maybe he's including Inglewood as part of the Westside, which people sometimes do.

But if its any place that's even arguably Westside, as a Westsider myself, I am all the way down for that.

I don't know, but I have a feeling that he means it in a broader sense than I typically use it. There's no way an arena could go in Beverly Hills, West LA, Venice or Santa Monica. Might be some room in Culver City or Playa/Vista/Westchester. But maybe he's including Inglewood as part of the Westside, which people sometimes do.

But if its any place that's even arguably Westside, as a Westsider myself, I am all the way down for that.
Yeah I actually was going to guess Playa Vista or Culver City. Obviously, the practice facility is already over there but I do know LAC loves that area a lot.

Regardless, it would be very cool IMO if we got our own arena and I would be down for that happening as quickly as possible. I do believe that if they are seriously looking at a new arena, we won't make it through our current lease

Also
 Maybe a coincidence, maybe not -- Clippers locker room at Staples Center is getting renovated / expanded this sumer
 From the people I've spoken to in the past, Orange County doesn't seem like a realistic landing spot for a new Clippers area
And I never thought the Clips would be moving out of LA to begin with:
 Steve Ballmer paid $2 Billion for the Los Angeles Clippers. And "Los Angeles" is the most valuable part of that sentence.

Regardless, it would be very cool IMO if we got our own arena and I would be down for that happening as quickly as possible. I do believe that if they are seriously looking at a new arena, we won't make it through our current lease

I hope you're right. I personal love the idea of having our own place again and can't wait for it to happen.

Kind of nice having an owner who has $20 billion to his name so things like this are possible.

I hope you're right. I personal love the idea of having our own place again and can't wait for it to happen.

Kind of nice having an owner who has $20 billion to his name so things like this are possible.
Ballmar hates sharing an arena with the Lakers and the Kings tbh.

One of his first qualms when he inherited the team was the fact that they were tied up with the Staples Center lease.

He should put the new arena in the Valley so I can uber to games. I have no ideas on where or how but its my pipe dream.

There's no way they would put an arena in playa vista or anywhere westside for that matter ... Y'all crazy :lol:

Their only options IMO is Carson, Orange County or back in Inglewood.

They should find a way to fit the arena in the new Rams stadium... Didn't the Pistons used to play where the Lions did?

Look for that area to experience the downtown gentrification effect in the next 10-15 years

Last edited:
There's no way they would put an arena in playa vista or anywhere westside for that matter ... Y'all crazy
laugh.gif

Their only options IMO is Carson, Orange County or back in Inglewood.

They should find a way to fit the arena in the new Rams stadium... Didn't the Pistons used to play where the Lions did?

Look for that area to experience the downtown gentrification effect in the next 10-15 years
They aren't going outside of LA county though so Orange County is automatically not going to happen and Carson isn't happening either.

I could see them working something out in Inglewood though near the Rams. Last season there were some rumors regarding that "pairing" of sorts too IIRC

So much off the court movement for LAC this offseason.

Basketball wise, we brought everyone back. Off the court though, there's been a ton of changes.

From small things like making the practice facility 100% basketball opps and making changes to the locker rooms and other rooms at STAPLES, to Kevin Eastman retiring, bringing Coach O'Connor to the front of the bench and moving Lawrence Frank to the VP of basketball opps, Us letting head of player development Dave Severns go, Bob Thate going to Memphis, Willie Green who was tabbed for us went to GSW's player development staff, The whole arena thing, hell Mathias isn't even with the team anymore.

A lot of movement going on this offseason. 

the Pasadena clippers...

^^^ Yeah,
So much off the court movement for LAC this offseason.

Basketball wise, we brought everyone back. Off the court though, there's been a ton of changes.

From small things like making the practice facility 100% basketball opps and making changes to the locker rooms and other rooms at STAPLES, to Kevin Eastman retiring, bringing Coach O'Connor to the front of the bench and moving Lawrence Frank to the VP of basketball opps, Us letting head of player development Dave Severns go, Bob Thate going to Memphis, Willie Green who was tabbed for us went to GSW's player development staff, The whole arena thing, hell Mathias isn't even with the team anymore.

A lot of movement going on this offseason. 

Hard to say what any of that stuff will do for us in the long run, but I think it speaks to the fact that this isn't the "same old Clippers" anymore. They're not satisfied with the status quo and will keep tinkering to try and improve, even if its small stuff. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom