OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

A few more super early statistics/rankings that I've noticed.

-Players shoot 2.8% worse when being guarded by a Clipper. That is 3rd best in the League.
-Players shoot 2.9% worse from 3. 6th in the league.
-3.9% worse from 2. 4th in the league.
-3.1% worse greater than 15ft. 4th best.
- We are below average less than 6 ft however. Teams are actually shooting 3.2% better.

-Leading the league in charges drawn.

-Last season we had 14+ Offensive rebounds a total of six times. We've it twice already this yr.

-4th in the league in Reb %.

Super early to get excited about these but I'm still excited about these :lol:

Last edited:
If Blake can keep his free throw rate, rebounding rate up....while hitting 1 three a game...and shooting anywhere from 75-80% from the line....

That makes the clips VERY SCARY. And I think he'll be able to do all of those things this season.

Weird game. Just didn't have it tonight. Thunder tried to give it to us and we couldn't take it. We're much better than we showed.

Our offense caught up to us. It's been bad the entire season so far and it was awful tonight

Our defense was exceptional. That's about as great of a defensive performance as you can ask for

But as we know, As JJ goes so does LAC's offense. Until he gets it back going, our offense will continue to sputter.

Not concerned with the loss. Slightly concerned with yet anothe rgame with struggle offense. Really thiugh this would be an easy win for us. Credit to the Thunder, can't eem be mad at them.

Not concerned with the loss. Slightly concerned with yet anothe rgame with struggle offense. Really thiugh this would be an easy win for us. Credit to the Thunder, can't eem be mad at them.

+1 not worried about it either other than the fact that we have to be better than just good at home. (35+ wins at home hopefully) can't lay 83pt eggs at home...period.

OAN

i called OKC a high seeded west playoff team a long long time ago...folks in this thread damb near called me crazy and doubted they'd even make the playoffs. :smh:

i know its still early, but i think its obvious now that okc is a 4th seed type team or higher

Last edited:
Nipsey3000 Nipsey3000 Yeah, I was coming in there this morning to give some credit on OKC. They're are going to be better than I expected. I'm still not sure about a top 4 seed though. I think their lack of overall depth and 3 point shooting will eventually catch up to them. But they use their athleticism to their advantage and play a very physical, aggressive style of ball. Going to be hard for a lot of teams to match that.

And a lot of our offensive struggles are on JJ. When he's not making shots, we basically have only two competent offensive weapons on the starting unit. That's a heck of a load for CP and Blake to carry. Hopefully, he gets it together and starts hitting more consistently. That will open things up a lot.

* Edit - I missed that P C H P C H said the exact same thing about JJ. My bad.

Last edited:
This is something I've felt about LAC for awhile now and to start the season you kind of see why I feel this way:

So over the course of a regular season, we depend A LOT on JJ redick'a movement and gravity as well as contributions from the likes of Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers, etc etc and we're so good that we'll win 56 games or so with that. But over the course of the regular season, by essentially depending on them that much we're developing some really bad habits that hurt us when we have to play elite teams night in and night out. There's a reason why JJ isn't nearly as good come playoff time for us and it's because what he does in the regular season gets scouted out a bit easier.

I love JJ but I really hate how dependent we are on him for efficient offense and It's magnified when you pair him with incompetence in Luc. Personally, I'm not so sure that the clippers couldn't benefit in the long term with a 2 that's maybe not as good of a shooter as JJ but is bigger/longer, and is a better defender and individual scorer.

Through these first four games the shooting from JJ hasn't bothered me at all. He's a world class shooter and that'll come around. It's that teams are paying even more attention to him it seems, and as a result his catches this year has been far tougher, and his handoffs / movement have been disrupted big time. Curious to see whether this is a thing for this season or if JJ will be able to break free.

+1 not worried about it either other than the fact that we have to be better than just good at home. (35+ wins at home hopefully) can't lay 83pt eggs at home...period.

OAN

i called OKC a high seeded west playoff team a long long time ago...folks in this thread damb near called me crazy and doubted they'd even make the playoffs. :smh:

i know its still early, but i think its obvious now that okc is a 4th seed type team or higher

I don't think this is a top 4 team at all. Russ had 35pts I think on like 14/30 and as a TEAM THEY ONLY MUSTERED 85 POINTS :lol: if the Clips offense is anywhere near where we've come to expect it to be, last night isn't even close. The Clippers defense on Westbrook last night was lowkey spectacular and eventually, their dependency on Russ will be the downfall for them

IMO

I don't think this is a top 4 team at all. Russ had 35pts I think on like 14/30 and as a TEAM THEY ONLY MUSTERED 85 POINTS :lol: if the Clips offense is anywhere near where we've come to expect it to be, last night isn't even close. The Clippers defense on Westbrook last night was lowkey spectacular and eventually, their dependency on Russ will be the downfall for them

IMO

its still early. we shall see

hard to call okc a westbrook dependent team when he avg 10ast a game.

and if you do, its kinda cliche' because all teams are dependent on their stars including ours

Fine line between dependent, and over dependent to the point of it being a detriment of the team. Russ's assist should tell you that all assist aren't created equal. There's a reason why the thunder had the lowest amount of passes made last season despite him putting up a double double. He doesn't pass to advance the offense. He passes only after he has gutted the entire possession out with his individual offense.

Even if we're dependent on Blake and CP, there's JJ giving you 17ppg, Austin giving you 10ppg, Speights giving you 8 to 10 ppg, Crawford giving you 13 to 15,

Peak Clippers / warriors / spurs has this type of balance. The thunder do not and unless that changes, barring some sort of historical chaotic season, they won't stay at a top 4 seed this way. It's unsustainable.

Tough road back-to-back starting tonight. We should beat Memphis; SA is another story.

GL tonite fellas

Really want Parsons for this game because its a tough one, but should still be a good battle. Currently on a 4 game home-stand, so all of these games are important for us.

Offense is still a work a in progress, and for the 5th game straight, our defense looks really really good and ahead of our offense. (Although the Grizzlies look extremely lackluster and for lack of a better term, "washed." no offense bro @bhzmafia14 ). The fact that we are up 18 on the Grizz atm and we've been bad offensively and have held them to 35 first half pts is encouraging

Hopefully we build on this and get some rotation guys some rest before San Antonio

3rd time in 5 games LAC has held an opponent to 36 pts or less in the first half. Giving up about 41 ppg in the first half of games. Encouraging.

Blake's lack of aggressive in this 4th quarter is bothering me. Whole team, actually.

I'll take it. At some point our offense should come around but the defense has been incredible

Back
Top Bottom