OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

First time ever, def in the CP era that the team has started 5-1.

This is the start I was hoping for. Have to keep it up and the defense has to continue.

Very impressed with how we performed on the road on the 2nd night of a back to back

Damn, if we had played anywhere near our level vs OKC we'd be 6-0. Can't be too greedy, I supose.

Best game of the season for us. Hope it carries over.

Through 6 games, I think 5 of our wins have been basically blowouts and we've played 4 playoff teams thus far.

I'm so encouraged by this because I've harped on starting the season great for years so it's refreshing to see it actually happen. (So far.)

Have to continue this. Playoff seeding and positioning lowkey starts now.

Through 6 games, I think 5 of our wins have been basically blowouts and we've played 4 playoff teams thus far.

I'm so encouraged by this because I've harped on starting the season great for years so it's refreshing to see it actually happen. (So far.)

Have to continue this. Playoff seeding and positioning lowkey starts now.

Yup, which is why i mentioned how big an opportunity we let slip by losing to OKC. 6-0, 2 game lead on GSW and SAS would have been huge. But can't be too mad at 5-1.

Blake must have read my posts about him not being aggressive enough. He was going for his in that game last night. Had LMA looking like straight BBQ chicken. Has to be like that more.

feels good to be "under the radar"

when you beat SAS at home by 20+ points and all the media talks about is..."whats up with SAS? they need some rest." thats a good thing

its funny SAS goes into Oracle and hands them an L and its big news everywhere. But the Clippers do it to the Spurs and its not even mentioned! I thought that was a big win for the Clippers early in the season. I wish them came out with the same intensity vs OKC the other night and they would probably be undefeated right now.

- Chris Paul was really good on defense last year, but he's been a monster in defense this year so far. He's getting his hands on a lot of balls (pause). Early sample size, but his DBPM is at a 6.3 and he's boarding at a career high rate. Grabbing 19% of all available rebounds for him and is grabbing 6 boards a game thus far. As a team they're 8th in total rebounds per, which is great considering it was a huge point of emphasis.

- Clips lead the league right now in point differential which speaks volumes because their offense has been really bad. The fact that they are winning games handedly with poor offense against good teams is extremely encouraging

- I hope Mo Speights continues to prove me wrong

- I wanna be over Luc as our starting 3 but I can't argue with the results. They were a top 3 team defensively when he jumped in the starting lineup last season, and are the best defensive team in the league so far this season. That's a huge sample size and I'm starting to think it isn't a coincidence to why we've become so good on that end

- Blake hasn't been this aggressive on offense in a long time, which is wild considering I want him to be even more assertive on offense. The amount of midrange jumpers that blake has taken this year is in line with his 13'-14' MVP contention campaign. In other words, he's really turned down the amount of midrange jumpers that he's taking, while taking a career high amount of 3's so far this season, which is awesome.

- The Clips schedule is tough. They don't have more than a day off between games until December. Some schedule losses are coming our way soon ( I hope I'm wrong about this)

- Jamal and Austin have been maddeningly inconsistent but the 2nd unit has still been good on both ends so far. I wonder if our 2nd unit success is sustainable? And while AR hasn't started at the 3 yet, he's played over 20% of his minutes so far this season at the 3, and the Clips are a plus 13 overall when he's been on the floor this year. Still think eventually they may have to turn to this.

Just some random thoughts :lol:

Last edited:
Clippers guarding like crazy. 15 total points for Detroit and it honestly shouldn't have even been that much.

Getting a little too 3 happy right now, but that's the only complaint I can come up with. Looking good.

So that great start we all were hoping for...? It might be happening. Best start ever in my lifetime, and i'm not even talking about just the record. We've been smashing teams. Good teams.

Best defensive rating
Best Average margin of Victory
Best Net Rating
2nd best Opponent shooting % coming into tonight.

More of this, please. Preferably in May and June.

4th time in 7 games LAC has held an opponent to a 90.0 Offensive Rtg or Lower. Hopefully this holds up, because they are really looking great on that end. You take away the OKC game, and LAC has essentially blown out every team they've faced thus far.

First time in team history they've started 6-1.

So that great start we all were hoping for...? It might be happening. Best start ever in my lifetime, and i'm not even talking about just the record. We've been smashing teams. Good teams.

Best defensive rating
Best Average margin of Victory
Best Net Rating
2nd best Opponent shooting % coming into tonight.

More of this, please. Preferably in May and June.
Has never happned. Best start in team history through 7 games, and like you alluded to they are killing teams. I think they are now at like +14 in overall net rtg.

On to Wednesday, no slip ups.

If we lose tonight, I'm blaming the election. But I think our new found swag, combined with the fact that Portland beat us in the playoffs, should be enough to overcome that.

Something I learned when i had season tickets....females love Clipper games. Took one out last week vs OKC. Taking another on Monday vs nets for peanuts :rofl:

6-1 and I'm 2-0 on the yambs. Really great start.

Something I learned when i had season tickets....females love Clipper games. Took one out last week vs OKC. Taking another on Monday vs nets for peanuts :rofl:

6-1 and I'm 2-0 on the yambs. Really great start.

You da real MVP, bro...

Back
Top Bottom