OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Well, well, well. Look at us continuing to function like an actual NBA franchise.

I got a friend with a son who is a Clippers fan and was talking **** to his dad that the Lakers suck and the Clippers have always been better than them. What a time.

In a few years he'll learn each franchise's history and probably become a Lakers fan :rofl:

Yeah feels like the writings are on the wall. Was talking to my brother about this. Almost as if it's like, okay this a "Show and prove" season for him.

Yeah. And I want to revise my previous statement. If we struggle early and are below the playoff line, I think it is possible Doc could get fired during the season. But I'm not expecting that.

I'm going to be a little bit of a chatty patty here, but this is to your point,

I could see what you're saying ending up happening if it played out like that because there's a line of thinking amongst the the organization that, this wasn't the team that the organization got doc rivers to preside over and they are unsure if he's the right guy to coach THIS current team.

Doc was brought in to coach Redick, Paul, Crawford, etc. all of which are gone. Hell Chris Paul was a huge advocate for Rivers and he isn't even here anymore. A lot of Doc's guys are either gone or being demoted, including himself in favor of a new regime that's slowly making its way to the FO.

Austin, Blake, DJ...and really that's it. The team is totally new so this really is a trial run to see what he can do with this team before they decide on his future with the club.

Even though we lost CP3 at least we are losing some of the baggage. Doc demoted was one of the best things. We have a good core but cant say we are anything but a playoff team. But fortunes change everyday in the NBA.

Vegas set the over/under for our win total in 2017-2018 as 43. I think that's a bit low, but can't say it's outrageous. The West is a freaking beast. Even the bad teams like the Lakers, Sac and PHX will be capable of having good nights.

Good, consistent health and focus is going to be critical.

Still struggling to figure how some features of the new NT work

Attachments

• IMG_0777.PNG
    IMG_0777.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: HIM
So, there seems to be something to the Blake-Kendall Jenner rumor. They've been spotted out together multiple times.

Normally, I don't worry about what dude's do in their private lives if it's not criminal, but this isn't a good look. With what Blake has gone through the last couple seasons and getting a max deal, we're looking for him to really step up and be a leader. Dating a Kardashian doesn't really say "focused leader..."
U

So I'm gonna be at the game in Portland on October 26th :pimp: . Looking to fire on a minimum of 4 Blazers fans.

^^^ I mean, that's pretty undeniable, especially when you look at the other big trades that went down this Summer. I'd argue that we got compensated better for giving up CP3 than any other team that lost a star in trade. Maybe its a wash with Cleveland losing Kyrie since they got that 2018 Nets unprotected 1st round pick. Still, we lost a superstar, but overall got younger, bigger and more athletic.

@PCH - you know what the latest is on Blake's foot? I know he's been doing workouts, but is he playing full speed?

We were never gonna beat Golden State as constructed. We still aren't, but now we'll be better prepared when they inevitably break up. Not mad at it, and really excited for this season.

^^^ I mean, that's pretty undeniable, especially when you look at the other big trades that went down this Summer. I'd argue that we got compensated better for giving up CP3 than any other team that lost a star in trade. Maybe its a wash with Cleveland losing Kyrie since they got that 2018 Nets unprotected 1st round pick. Still, we lost a superstar, but overall got younger, bigger and more athletic.

@PCH - you know what the latest is on Blake's foot? I know he's been doing workouts, but is he playing full speed?
Cavs also getting Carroll was GREAT for them imho

Funny you ask that. 100% True story: Two Weeks ago in Santa Monica Dave Severns (One of our player personnel scouts) and I conducted a workout for Joakim Noah. We talked about everything, and we talked about the team and we're talking about how good we could be and he says "Well ****, nothing matters if Blake isn't healthy, I mean he isn't even running yet, just doing spot up stuff" and that was deflating. I still think he'll be available come opening night but Dave told me that and that was just two weeks ago.

Breakout year soon come. I'm very confident that if he starts, he'll be minimum at 15 a game and shoot 38% on 3's while being good defensively.

Funny you ask that. 100% True story: Two Weeks ago in Santa Monica Dave Severns (One of our player personnel scouts) and I conducted a workout for Joakim Noah. We talked about everything, and we talked about the team and we're talking about how good we could be and he says "Well ****, nothing matters if Blake isn't healthy, I mean he isn't even running yet, just doing spot up stuff" and that was deflating. I still think he'll be available come opening night but Dave told me that and that was just two weeks ago.

Well ... that's not exactly what I was hoping to hear. But whatever, it is what it is. We may be able to tread water without him. Play Gallo at 4 and Dekker at 3. With DJ, Austin and Bev. Not terrible.

^^^ BTW, how did Noah look?

Good. He's a workhorse so that setting kind of suits him, working out and drills and stuff. He's still recovering so there was a limit on the things we could do with him, but he looked good. Didn't do any 5v5 stuff however.

^^^ He's still under contract with the Knicks, right? Or did they buy him out?

Back
Top Bottom