OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

^^^ Yeah, if Doc stays, regardless of any personnel tweaks with the roster, I’m going to have pretty tempered expectations for next season.

There’s a lot of good teams in the West and I just don’t have any faith at this point that, with Doc at the helm, we can get past a team in the playoffs when there’s only, at most, a marginal talent disparity between us and them.

looking back, if doncics ankles wasnt falling off and porz had played all series, it might have been a first round exit

We must have set the record for most blown double-digit leads by a single team in the playoffs. Happened against Dallas a few times too, despite us getting past that series. Proud times. :stoneface: :lol:

We are going around the bases again with stuff coming out after the fact with doc and this team.

Another reason why he needs to go. I get it now...

Championship aspirations
Monumental collapse
Early elimination
Media leaks featuring team discourse

What's next?
Somehow, someway, they lock themselves in a room and "work it out"
Only to have feelings boil over again after another disappointing performance in the post season
Player X requests to leave/signs elsewhere

Rinse + repeat

Last edited:
didn't see it coming.
I figured they would give him one more chance.

who's available? lue? Cassell?

Those are the first two names who came to mind for me. Don’t see the Clippers looking at D’Antoni with the roster they have or some other retread like Nate McMillan. Also can’t think of any college coaches that would be in play.

Becky time? :nerd:

Interesting. I have no idea what kind of relationship Kawhi had with her. But since he didn’t leave the Spurs on great terms, I think it‘s unlikely it ends up being someone from there.

5DB4BE7A-7F2C-4CB3-851A-922ECAF2BE47.png

Kawhi had to sign off on that in some shape form or fashion.

By the metric of being no better than we were (results wise) than we were the day Vinny del Negro left, is the right move.

Breaks the cycle of regrouping, kumbaya, then having another flame out.

Let's see what the move is...

I'd honestly like to see Jeff van gundy take a stab at it. When he announced the Clippers games, he was right on point with adjustments and strategy. Imo

Interest in the coaching ranks should be extremely high.

After cassell, lue...

Kenny Atkinson?

Last edited:
Doc was great but change was needed! The fact that he has only won 4 playoff series in his 7 yrs as the head coach is a BIG issue. Not sure which coach out there is the perfect fit but I definitely have faith with Ballmer and the FO to choose the right one. I know Lue and Cassel are high on the hiring charts due to players being familiar with them but I'm all for a total change. I hope we can find a diamond in the rough somewhere out there. Like the no names that come out of nowhere ala Nick Nurses of the world or giving someone like Billups a chance? A former player that has won at the highest level, command respect from the current players and has a great IQ. All I know is I'm excited for next year!

^^^ According to an article I read today, Ballmer is looking for “dramatic” changes, so I’m starting to doubt the team is just going to promote one of Doc’s assistants to be head coach. I don’t know who it will be though.

^^^ According to an article I read today, Ballmer is looking for “dramatic” changes, so I’m starting to doubt the team is just going to promote one of Doc’s assistants to be head coach. I don’t know who it will be though.
Just read that as well. My only concerns with hiring outside of Doc's coaching tree is that we only have 1 real year left with Kawhi and PG to really prove we can win so they re-sign. I'm all in for dramatic changes tho! Just gotta be the RIGHT coach. This hire can make or break us.

i do have a weird feeling that Kawhi and to an extent PG would stay, they are home and about to take over a brand new arena and while i am sure they would love to win more chips, but kawhi probably feels they can build around him while being home and he might be happy with 2 chips and 2 FMVP and finish his career here though any more embarrassment like that might change his mind if next years worst

PG might not even care about a chip deep down inside if he has the nerve to say this year wasn't a win or bust year, mentality has got to always be win or nothing if you really care for a chip

i think both signed short term deals because they thought the next contracts going to be so much bigger and that wouldn't be the case anymore after the pandemic so if offered a giant extension as soon as possible, they might just sign to secure their money

and as crazy as it is, maybe doc being gone would entice cp3 to come back? sign and trade trezz with them? i feel like he could actually help this team while on his nuts only diet

i still prefer someone like jrue for a must-win now pg of sorts, its gon' be difficult but i am sure jerry west got something up his sleeves

those are my hot takes for today

I mean...lue and sam are in the same huddles and I'm assuming nobody suggested that they bench Lou and trezz? Nobody suggested that they switch the Murray/jokic pnr? Nobody said "let's not let this jokic guy shoot dude open 3s?

If kawhi is open to change, I'm totally ok with a coaching staff colonic.

If kawhi says he preferred Lou or Sam, then ok. Choose the one that's going to be the best shrink for Paul George.

I like doc. Just a shame to know that if Paul George plays to his potential, this firing doesn't even happen imo.

i want to see the numbers with lou on the court too

it really would have been better if he just got banned after the lemon pepper bs

Back
Top Bottom