***Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2024 Thread*** 8 to go. On to the NLCS!!!!!

At this point, it’s not even a question of whether the playoff flame-outs are Dave’s “fault”. It’s just time to do something considerably different because the same old thing hasn’t been working under Dave, especially in the Freddie and Mookie era.

The old saying about the “definition of insanity”…

^^^ The FS1 announcers even said during one of the broadcasts that the Dodgers have to figure out what’s going on with the pitcher injuries and noted that our minor leaguers on average throw with the highest velocity. Whoever said that didn’t really go anywhere with it, but it caught my attention.

bye isnt the way i guess
Screenshot_20241009_100904_X.jpg

I don’t even think you can “fix” the playoffs because it’s always going to be a small sample size. I’ve always said just get in the playoffs and pray you get hot for 1 month. Alonso was *** all season and all of sudden looks like prime Todd Helton :lol: The opposite for Judge. Hell, we can’t even get David Peralta out :smh:

This is clearly a huge problem, but doesn’t explain why the bats have mostly gone ghost the last few post-seasons.

I guess it’s possible that having more reliable starting pitching would take pressure off the offense and thereby help with better production. But I don’t buy the lack of pitching as a total excuse for anemic offense.

I think we are all at this stage.

Ngl, I woke up with the acceptance that it's over this season and tonight is just due diligence. Call me a bad fan, whatever, but the trauma of following this team during crushing postseasons has brought me here. I'm still watching tonight, and would welcome any surprises, but my brain/heart just knows better...

Kiermaier not even on the active roster and might as well waive the white flag if hes in :lol: Enrique for Rojas makes the most sense. Anything else will feel like a full blown panic move. Gotta sink or swim with Muncy and Smith. |l
Thank you for the reminder - I haven’t slandered Smith enough for his lack of hitting. I only have slightly more confidence in him than I do in Max, which is basically zero. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom