Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Wow celebration seemed nuts.
Anybody have video/youtube of it? I missed it all
frown.gif

same here I had class
smh.gif

Congrats though to this team...there were definitely points this season where I didn't think we could put it all together but we did and now we're inthe playoffs
pimp.gif

NEXT GAME 9/26

TV: PRIME-HD | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
AT&T Park
7:35PM PDT

Lowe (14-11)

Hennessey (1-2)

Tickets

Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]# Los Angeles[/td] [td]83[/td] [td]76[/td] [td].522[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]23-18[/td] [td]39-30[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]48-33[/td] [td]35-43[/td] [td]52-55[/td] [td]31-21[/td] [td]6-11[/td] [td]18-23[/td] [td]692[/td] [td]638[/td] [td]85-74[/td] [td]9/25 v SD, L 5-7[/td] [td]9/26 @ SF, 10:35P[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Arizona[/td] [td]79[/td] [td]80[/td] [td].497[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]L3[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]17-22[/td] [td]41-28[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]45-33[/td] [td]34-47[/td] [td]52-60[/td] [td]27-20[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]21-23[/td] [td]706[/td] [td]697[/td] [td]80-79[/td] [td]9/25 @ STL, L 3-12[/td] [td]9/26 v COL, 9:40P[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Colorado[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]85[/td] [td].465[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]W3[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]21-18[/td] [td]31-38[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]43-38[/td] [td]31-47[/td] [td]48-65[/td] [td]26-20[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]25-19[/td] [td]738[/td] [td]808[/td] [td]73-86[/td] [td]9/25 @ SF, W 3-1[/td] [td]9/26 @ ARI, 9:40P[/td] [/tr][tr][td] San Francisco[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]89[/td] [td].440[/td] [td]13.0[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]L3[/td] [td]19-13[/td] [td]11-29[/td] [td]34-35[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]35-43[/td] [td]35-46[/td] [td]54-58[/td] [td]16-31[/td] [td]9-5[/td] [td]30-20[/td] [td]630[/td] [td]751[/td] [td]67-92[/td] [td]9/25 v COL, L 1-3[/td] [td]9/26 v LAD, 10:35P[/td] [/tr][tr][td] San Diego[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]97[/td] [td].390[/td] [td]21.0[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]15-16[/td] [td]15-23[/td] [td]29-43[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]34-44[/td] [td]28-53[/td] [td]42-60[/td] [td]20-37[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]15-28[/td] [td]630[/td] [td]750[/td] [td]67-92[/td] [td]9/25 @ LAD, W 7-5[/td] [td]9/26 v PIT, 10:05P[/td] [/tr][/table]
I'd like to see us either sweep or win 2/3 in S.F, give the team some good momentum heading into the post season!
pimp.gif

Brad Penny says goodbye to the Dodgers...

Brad Penny Nowhere To Be Found
By Tim Dierkes [September 26 at 11:41am CST]

Joe Torre says injured pitcher Brad Penny disappeared without saying goodbye (no note either apparently). Penny recently expressed displeasure with the Dodgers' wise decision not to exercise his '09 option this spring.

Penny has a $9.25MM option for next year with a $2MM buyout. Is he worth $7.25MM on a one-year deal? Probably not - his shoulder bothered him all year and he has a long injury history. Toss in the comments and the unceremonious departure, and it's likely Penny's Dodgers career is over.

Bye, Bradley. I hate you.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Brad Penny says goodbye to the Dodgers...

Brad Penny Nowhere To Be Found
By Tim Dierkes [September 26 at 11:41am CST]

Joe Torre says injured pitcher Brad Penny disappeared without saying goodbye (no note either apparently). Penny recently expressed displeasure with the Dodgers' wise decision not to exercise his '09 option this spring.

Penny has a $9.25MM option for next year with a $2MM buyout. Is he worth $7.25MM on a one-year deal? Probably not - his shoulder bothered him all year and he has a long injury history. Toss in the comments and the unceremonious departure, and it's likely Penny's Dodgers career is over.
Bye, Bradley. I hate you.

laugh.gif

Okay, why would he be upset, it's a business. Why the hell would the Dodgers pick up his 9 Mil option when he got hurt during the season.
(Jason Schmidt anyone?)

Plus you need money to re-sign Manny, or bring in someone else worthy of that 9 Mil per. Sorry Brad.

He should get a good damn agent, and negotiate a deal with LA or another team in the offseason, stop being a $##%.

Am I the only one that says !#% to jones going back home and not been with the team and now penny doing it?
Support ur @#!%+@# teammates bums

And where is that $%%+$$+ giants fan that was talking %@@+?

Am I the only one that says *#$ to jones going back home and not been with the team and now penny doing it?
Support ur @%!%!%% teammates bums

And where is that %+$#*%# giants fan that was talking @%!#?

As far as Penny goes, good riddance. No way Dodgers were gonna pick up his option and I'd much rather see that money go to signing Manny in the off-season.

Like Bright Nikes said, we definitely need to win at least 2/3 this series and maintain our focus going into the playoffs.

Anyone know how much $ Andruw Jones, Juan Pierre, and Jason Schmidt received this season total?

I was looking for the numbers online, but couldn't find them.

I have so much hate for Schmidt and Jones, it aint even close to funny.

I understand Jones not being with the team, we don't need his bad / fat energy to bounce off any of our players. Get that stupid $*% bum with his stupid$*% smirk outta here and let the PLAYERS making 3/4 less than him play the game right.

Plus, he's got richard simmons tryna help him slim down and we all know that will take an excess of a year to get him back in playing shape. It's sadcause andruw's legacy in L.A can never be saved - next season he's still gonna be a backup making 18M, at least its his contract year.

As far as Penny is concered, that money to pick up his option can be used for Furcal and / or Manny. Getting a starting pitcher will be easy because we gotpieces like Hu and Abreu that can possibly be moved.

This post-season run has possibly saved Ned's job
smh.gif
I hope Greg Maddux ends up being a coach helping out the pitchers, hang it up Mad Dog.

Forget the off-season talk, that's down the road.

What are your thoughts on how the roster will look like? It's 25 players right?

Forget the off-season talk, that's down the road.

What are your thoughts on how the roster will look like? It's 25 players right?
You know what, you don't know how tough it is for a manager until you make your playoff rosters, and try to pick out 25 out of 40.

I printed out the 40 man roster, and crossed out the ones that I believe should be left off, and you just don't know if you're going to need that extrapitcher, pinch-runner or extra infielder it's tough.

This is the way I look at it.

Pitchers:
Beimel
Bills
Brox
Kershaw
Kuo
Kuroda
Lowe
Maddux
CHP
Proctor
Saito
Wade

Catchers:
Martin
Ardoin

Infielders:
Berroa
Blake
DeWitt
Furcal
Nomar
Kent
Loney

Outfielders:
Ethier
Kemp
Pierre
Manny

is the rally going to be on the field?

As I stated earlier, I went to the stadium. Reason I ask if the rally is inside of DS is because it looks as though theres a makeshift stage taking shape onthe visitors dugout

just a few of the pics I took. This is the first time i've been to the stadium store and seen more of my people than asian tourists
laugh.gif

It wouldn't be LA without the smog
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Edit: I REALLY need a wide angle lens for my rebel
smh.gif

Hey FB23, that's the roster I'd love to see - but the only thang imma knock is Kuo. I don't think he'll be good to go, so either we go in with11 pitchers and 14 players, or 12 pitchers and 13 players.

Damn 562, I'm sure like the rest of you, I LOVE that spot of downtown L.A in the parking lot, my girl and I just chill out there and wait for everyone toleave the park
laugh.gif

Oh yeah, I also read somewhere that after Kent's start last night his knee was swollen and isn't feel too good, if I get on my laptop I'll post it.

So might have to throw Ozuna in there for Kent.

Oh yeah, I also read somewhere that after Kent's start last night his knee was swollen and isn't feel too good, if I get on my laptop I'll post it.

So might have to throw Ozuna in there for Kent.
As much as I hate Sweeney, I think I would still put him ahead of Ozuna
embarassed.gif

Damn 562, I'm sure like the rest of you, I LOVE that spot of downtown L.A in the parking lot, my girl and I just chill out there and wait for everyone to leave the park
laugh.gif

dude you don't even know. I haven't gone like this in a long while. EVERY time I do this I just sit in that same row , the very last aisle right behindhome plate and just post up for about 30 minutes and relax. THAT is my getaway, whenever I go just for the hell of it like today its one thing I look forwardto. With my work schedule the way it is this past year its been hard to get up there during the week, but getting the day off and taking off made my day. Ijust wish it wasn't so damn far
frown.gif

Damn i congrat you guys and you guys get hella salty? Because i said i hope you get your #%*%! kicked by SF?
roll.gif

Damn it's all in good fun, but there are some FOOLS in here. No dis, just friendly trash talk.
wink.gif

but foreal, ya'll played good at the end. props
Oh and bright nikes, where did i mention Tim?

Joe Torre said he wanted a lineup with versatility, I just don't see what Kent can possibly do for us out there. But, we'll see, here's my take:

Position Players: 14
1) C-Russ Martin
2) C-Danny Ardoin
3) 1B-Loney
4) 2B-DeWitt
5) SS-Berroa
6) 3B-Blake
7) OF-Ethier
glasses.gif
OF-Kemp
9) OF-ManRam
10) Juan Pierre
11) Nomar (vs leftys)
12) Furcal
13) Kent (if not healthy enough Ozuna)
14) Young

Pitchers: 11
15) SP-Lowe
16) SP- Bills
17) SP/LR-Kuroda
18) SP/LR-Kershaw
19) LR-Park
20) LR- Maddux
21) RP- Beimel
22) RP-Wade
23) RP- Proctor
24) RP- Saito
25) RP- Brox
Damn i congrat you guys and you guys get hella salty? Because i said i hope you get your #%*%! kicked by SF?
roll.gif

Damn it's all in good fun, but there are some FOOLS in here. No dis, just friendly trash talk.
wink.gif

but foreal, ya'll played good at the end. props
Oh and bright nikes, where did i mention Tim?

You didn't mention him anywhere, I just decided to include the Giants misfortunes for my own personal amusement
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

dude you don't even know. I haven't gone like this in a long while. EVERY time I do this I just sit in that same row , the very last aisle right behind home plate and just post up for about 30 minutes and relax. THAT is my getaway, whenever I go just for the hell of it like today its one thing I look forward to. With my work schedule the way it is this past year its been hard to get up there during the week, but getting the day off and taking off made my day. I just wish it wasn't so damn far
frown.gif

Brah, I'm coming all the way from Corona off the 15 frwy - please tell me you can beat the distance it takes me to get over there.
laugh.gif

went to the game last saturday and my friends and i got kicked out...apparently you CAN'T say crap to the opposing team outfielders/pitchers...against therules they say...bunch of crap, seriously...

Back
Top Bottom