Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

^
laugh.gif
fall back dr. doogie.

You must have our fans confused with laker games.

I believe we topped off @ almost 4 million in attendance this year
eek.gif

What a GREAT year, by GREAT fans again.

Good %+@% by loney and martin.
I think if they sweep this series....they'll have a good lil momentum carry on into the playoffs. But then again....its only san francisco

The hell does the number of fans going through the turnstiles have to do with staying until the end of the game and root hard until the final out of the game?

I see Ned Coletti is running things in San Francisco fashion over there. Looks like you "great fans" will be rooting for these cross-dressing rookiesfor years to come. Enjoy.

P.S. Don't even lie, you had those pictures bookmarked/saved. Eww.

Because brox aint got ice in his veins.

I've been preaching of how awful brox as a closer is - he only has 1 pitch and its at the same speed every damn time.

I don't even want to think of this dude in the post season in more pressure situations than the @*$+ he's pulled all year.

"BEAT L.A" never gets old
laugh.gif

Seriously I feel bad for all the players, u all know they wanna go to sleep and I guarantee you Matt Kemp is hungover
laugh.gif

roll.gif
yo dr doogie show me any stat that proves your statement of fans leaving in the 7th inning, give me anything of substance besides you hanging onto anyhope of something positive from another horrible Giants season.

Please, I'd like to see it.

When andruw's done with his trainer & nutritionist please send richard simmons over to broxton. Thanks.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That dude throws heat, but his location sucks.
Are you guys confident with him in the playoffs?

laugh.gif
hell naw sohi, go a couple pages back I'm sure we've lost faith in him. Dude gets angry and keeps overthrowing everything.

He's money as a setup man, when no pressure is on him, but since saito went down he's all we really got.

Iunno how vin stays awake, dude just rambles on and on with stories.

Oh yeah dr doogie those "rookies" have NOTHING to do with Ned Colleti, they've been scouted and brought up by Logan White - he possibly has asmuch say as Ned
laugh.gif

Giants need to build around sandoval, he has future all-star written all over him, and that's a lotta writing.

The Dodgers have 1 playoff victory in the last 20 years, SoHi, might as well hold off and post in the Dodgers offseason thread soon.

Yeah, that 1 win was by Jose Lima, and that was a marvelous victory - LIMA TIME
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Let it go dr doogie, you're a closet dodger fan, its ok man. Welcome to the club, we gotta haze you with a costume of your choice though
frown.gif

I'm still waiting for your evidence to backup your claim of "dodger fans leaving @ the 7th" ......

Kuo could put arm to test vs. Giants

Los Angeles (83-77) at San Francisco (71-89), Sat., 6:05 PT

SAN FRANCISCO -- Greg Maddux, whose postseason role has yet to be determined, will start for the Dodgers on Saturday night, and Chad Billingsley is also scheduled to pitch a couple of innings before his Game 2 start in the playoffs Thursday.
But the appearance that could have the biggest bearing on the postseason might come from Hong-Chih Kuo.

The reliever with the golden, but brittle, left arm was able to play catch without discomfort Friday and manager Joe Torre said he was hopeful he could use Kuo for an inning Saturday in what would be a critical opportunity to judge whether he's healthy enough to be on the postseason roster.

Kuo has pitched only once in the last three weeks because of stiffness in the triceps area above the elbow that has undergone four operations, two of them Tommy John ligament reconstructions.

Kuo's absence again was noticeable Friday night, when the Dodgers let a ninth-inning lead get away. It was the third blown save for Jonathan Broxton since he took over as closer when Takashi Saito was injured in mid-July. The Dodgers bullpen allowed all six runs in 6 2/3 innings of relief.

Torre said that because of Kuo's status, and with Saito still not at 100 percent after missing two months with a torn elbow ligament, he's decided to take an 11-man pitching staff into the postseason.

For that reason, and assuming he keeps Jeff Kent as a pinch-hitter, he expects to take a look at Pablo Ozuna in the outfield Saturday. Ozuna could sneak onto the club if he shows the versatility to play both the infield and outfield. He's already been tested at second base.

Pitching matchup
LAD: RHP Greg Maddux (7-13, 4.31 ERA)
Maddux got pushed around by the Giants, a team he had beaten 30 times in his career, in his last start. The line was ugly -- five innings, seven runs, nine hits. In truth, he wasn't that much different than his previous start, a masterpiece for seven scoreless innings, allowing only two hits at Coors Field. A few grounders squirted through and Manny Ramirez misplayed a fly ball into a four-run inning.

SF: RHP Matt Cain (8-13, 3.80 ERA)
Cain did all he could to get his first career victory over the Dodgers in his most recent outing last Sunday. He worked six scoreless innings, allowing five hits while walking four. But it also marked the eighth time this year that the Giants couldn't score for him. Cain has pitched slightly better at home (5-6, 3.73 ERA) than on the road (3-7, 3.88), although he yielded nine runs in 13 innings over two starts against the Dodgers at AT&T Park.

Tidbits
Danny Ardoin went 2-for-3 Friday night, his first multi-hit game since May 10, 2006. ... Kent has hit safely in all three games since returning from knee surgery. ... Game 3 of the National League Division Series on Oct. 4, the first of two possible games at Dodger Stadium, is a sellout. There are limited seats available for Game 4 on Oct. 5. ... Of 10 general managers in Dodgers history, Ned Colletti is the first to reach the postseason in two of his first three seasons. ... Disabled Dodgers Andruw Jones, Brad Penny and Jason Schmidt did not participate in Thursday night's clinching celebration, but disabled catcher Gary Bennett did. Bennett is healing after shock-wave therapy for plantar fasciitis.

Sadler needs to stop acting like he won a world series after getting a K when you're down. Baseball is the last sport a guppie should be showing up anotherteam in.

Back
Top Bottom