Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

The latest from Ken Rosenthal's Full Count video:
  • The Dodgers may not want to lock up Rafael Furcal, the oft-injured shortstop, to a long term contract. Also, with Brad Penny's struggles, they may pass on his 2009 club option and trade him this season. They'd get something in return rather than pay his $2MM buyout in the offseason.

I'm not sold on moving Penny just yet because he's been good for us the last couple of years. I mean, if it's July 31st and we're way behindthe Snakes and whoever else at that time, if Furcal is still 'not right'.. then maybe. But Penny's beenan All-Star two years in a row and has pitched in a Series. I think he'll get it together, hopefully.

Furcal's been out for like 20-some games now... I don't think he was injury prone while he was in Atlanta. I just think it's been bad luck forhim/us. Hopefully he regains his health soon and we get going.

Bases load, Loney ground out... Mets still up 6-1, Bottom of the 8th.
ohwell.gif

Our offense has been slumping big time during this road trip.
tired.gif
Really,the absence of Raffy makes us that much worse?
1-6 during this stretch, and several of them were pretty winnable.
We have to get well during this upcoming 7 game home stand against the Rockies and Cubs. C' mon Dodgers.
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by CL2423

tired.gif
Really, the absence of Raffy makes us that much worse?
We have to get well during this upcoming 7 game home stand against the Rockies and Cubs. C' mon Dodgers.
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
I think we're like 9-15 without Rafael now. With him we were 18-14.. It's not only the absence of Furcal that has made us a sub .500 team nowbut it is one of the things that has contributed to it.

Peter Gammons reported Raffy did hit some balls but his time table to come back is maybe 2 weeks.

Honestly, the way I see Penny is ... yeah he's a good pitcher, cy young material when he wants to be, but we haven't gone anywhere in the playoffs withhim, so if his value is still up by the deadline, and we're barely afloat in the NL west then lets bring in some talent.

I just dont understand how Raffy was sizzling one day then, he's on the DL for 15 days, and yet no timetable for his return. Way too frustrating.

I'm not even going to comment on todays game.

Imma be ghost until the Dodgers show me something, I'm done trying to analyze this team.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Originally Posted by CL2423

tired.gif
Really, the absence of Raffy makes us that much worse?
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
I think we're like 9-15 without Rafael now. With him we were 18-14.. It's not only the absence of Furcal that has made us a sub .500 team now but it is one of the things that has contributed to it.

Co-sign; I hope he can come back ASAP, but the Dodgers have to find a way to overcome it, and start winning some baseball.

Yeah, I lied.

I'm not ghost.

Dodgers attendance his been dropping, I wonder why?

P Mac update we're playing the Rockies. Please don't get torched by Holiday.

Originally Posted by RocDaMike11

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Please don't get torched by Holiday.

I don't see how they can get torched by him in this series. He's on the DL right now.

laugh.gif
Bah zing! j/k
I heard the Rockies were shopping Holliday.

How about Pierre for Holliday straight up, at the deadline.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by RocDaMike11

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Please don't get torched by Holiday.

I don't see how they can get torched by him in this series. He's on the DL right now.

laugh.gif
Bah zing! j/k
I heard the Rockies were shopping Holliday.

How about Pierre for Holliday straight up, at the deadline.
tongue.gif

Do it Mitch!!
laugh.gif

I'm hoping for a rebound this homestand...

laugh.gif
bipolar offense.

I just finished my immunology final, caked. now mental health and graduation is a couple months away
pimp.gif
yesss.

anyways d.lowe pitched very nice, but he wasn't faced with the regular rockies offensive firepower.

but the dodgers offense, was niooooce. lets be consistant now.

go dodgers & Lakeshow!!!

Why does Penny start off with giving up runs in the first couple of innings, it's like that's expected from him now.

I heard earlier today, that Russell Martin was practicing grounders at shortstop.....

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

+*! why would martin play shortstop?

I think he just wants it to be an option, in case they would ever need to, since Furcal is still out.

[h1]Catchers like Martin hard to find[/h1]
posted: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 | Print Entry

Russell Martin has implored Joe Torre to let him play shortstop, maybe even in next Sunday's ESPN game with the Cubs. "It would be a dream come true," says Martin, a dream Dodger coaches have said isn't far-fetched. They've seen him take ground balls at shortstop every day. They've seen Torre use him at third, and know that, given his offense, if he weren't arguably the best catcher in the game, he'd be playing short or third.

Yeah, they got LaRoche practicing ss, 2b, 1b. DeWitt practicing 2nd, and now Russell practicing ss.

Anyways, when Penny falls behind its usually easy runs for the opponent. I'm tellin you, dude is expendable.

Penny's strikeout / walk ratio is effin disgusting.

well hold on now let me take back the 'FIGHT" part
laugh.gif
classicpushing and shoving match by baseball players damn $#!$@
laugh.gif

smh.gif
at this bipolar and nonexistent offense. Last night we have an offensive explosion and numerous homers, but tonight we do not have a single run. Oh well, ,let's take tomorrow's rubber game. Go Dodgers!

Damn, another loss due to an offensive-less production.

Penny, u really suck, seriously. Whatever happened to pitching, instead of trying to blow a fast right by the hitters every time. It's not working.

I'm curious to see how many lineup changes the Dodgers have had since the injury to Furcal and Jones.

Back
Top Bottom