Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

85ynuh3.jpg

Damn, I am so pissed off with this series,
mad.gif

Monday and Tuesday, too many blown chances with the bases loaded. The damn deja vu episode didn't work either. On consecutive nights, James Loney has thebases loaded and pulls a bomb foul,
mad.gif
, only to strike out.

We have a lot of holes due to injuries. I don't mind our OF of Pierre, Ethier and Kemp. However, our infield has no punch in Maza and Hu. Chin Lung hasproven that he is not ready for the bigs, everything about his play says "rushed prospect".

You can't say much about our criticized rotation: Bills, Kuroda and Lowe have had quality starts in this series and we can't manage to score some runs.

I say they send down Hu to Vegas and call up La Roche. Have La Roche start at 3b and DeWitt start at 2b or vice versa. Oh yeah, Sweeney needs to go, .098 (4for 41), is a waste of a roster spot for a former Giant (
sick.gif
).

Offensive black holes: Hu and Sweeney.

Saw Furcal in the Glendale Galleria today.

Killing time after his back treatment. Did you go up to him?

^ Its against the Mets and i won't be going to that series besides no Andruw they also have no Kent, Furcal i'll just watch it on tv.

2-0 Mets.

Penny gives up a HR to David Wright.

We're on the bring of being 26-27.

Yes, Brad Penny you suck.

David Wright OWNS Brad Penny, hell the whole Majors owns Brad.

Now gives up a single.

6-0, 4th inning.

6-3 Dodgers, 1 out 2 on in the 6th.

Rally time, Kuo had a nice inning once Penny left.

Yeah Kershaw is pitching tomorrow.

Silence the Mets? Ahhh - Kershaw first time ever in New York, let alone pitching on the mound in New York?!

He might have a good outing, but lets see if he gets run support.

Congrats to the Lakers, Dodgers should take some notes.

Yeah Kershaw is pitching tomorrow.

Silence the Mets? Ahhh - Kershaw first time ever in New York, let alone pitching on the mound in New York?!

He might have a good outing, but lets see if he gets run support.

Congrats to the Lakers, Dodgers should take some notes.

laugh.gif
Kershaw had about 6-7 3 ball counts, he was falling behind on alotta hitters, and none of his pitches (fastball+curve) were hitting the zone.

luckily our bats woke up in the 8th. Russell Martin's swing is getting stronger and stronger as the year goes on.

A disgusting stat to think about is, we are last in the majors in HRs, and our outfielders combine for a total of 9 HRS!

Yikes.

ghhhhoooooossstttt.

We got till' Thursday for the Laker game, theres gotta be some Dodger discussion.

I agree, bright nikes, the lack of power is something that I wish was better and actually thought we'd be better than we've been so far. Though we are6th in Avg. (.268) and 9th in Obp. (.338)

We just rely a lot on speed and timely hitting and when one of our speedsters, Furcal, is out for a while it begins to show how much he brings to the team. Orwhen we just can't get those hits with RISP... Although we've been struggling lately, I think we are still able to catch up to the Snakes.. 2/3 of theseason is yet to be played.

Bills up today.

It's just funny how this team finds a team to lose. I hope people are over the notion that the season is still early, we see what this team has to offer us- and without furcal it isn't much.

The Big Ox Broxton, wasn't he given a 2-0 lead into like the 8th? He's showing flashes of last year ... remember when he was blowing games left &right? A 'power' pitcher only goes so far, ex: brad penny.

I'm just frustrated, I don't know if the blame goes out to Ned for assembling this team, or to Torre, or maybe the Pitching coaches, I don't know -McCourt needs to realize how much money is being wasted, and yet no winning product has come out of this enormous payroll.

Kuroda on the mound vs The Mets Money Man Johan.

I can't wait till our hitters go against mr Johan himself. It aint gonna look good.

Rumor: Ned Colleti saying they're going to sign a utility infielder, there's no timetable when Furcal will be back (I dont understand how this dudestays hurtin').

Names: Omar Vizcuel, Ray Durham - The whole Giants infield, i wouldnt be surprised.

peace.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I'm just frustrated, I don't know if the blame goes out to Ned for assembling this team, or to Torre, or maybe the Pitching coaches, I don't know - McCourt needs to realize how much money is being wasted, and yet no winning product has come out of this enormous payroll.
I know McCourt has said he cares about the team actually winning, contending, and getting a title. I do see him during home games and I have seen himin the stands during away games. I mean, who knows if he really cares about the success of this team or the moneyhe's able to make with the Dodgers. I think as long as people keep on showing up to games and spending money purchasing jerseys and merchandise, McCourtwill not panic.

Most of the acquired experienced veterans are either on the DL or struggling. Nomar, Schmidt, Loaiza, Jones, Sweeney, Bennett, etc. have been money not wellspent so far. I'm not sure about this "veteran" infielder Colletti mentions. Will he really contribute to our team right now? Will he just beanother player way past his prime and take up playing time from the likes of a DeWitt, Loney, or LaRoche? Who do we have to give up in order to get this guy?

I think we shouldn't make any moves with other teams just now. Though I do think some changes need to be made. Hu needs to go back to AA or AAA and bringup LaRoche. This serves two purposes... 1) LaRoche finally gets set playing time while healthy and we are able to see what he is really about and 2)hopefully we get better production than Hu. DeWitt could be tried out at 2nd or possibly even SS.. I thinkhe can manage at both positions and maintain his offensive flow. The next thing that needs to be addressed is the status of Penny and Lowe. We have Bills,Kuroda, Kershaw, Park, and Kuo who could essentially be a better rotation than one with the current struggling Penny & Lowe. Maybe move Penny to the penand let Park take his spot for a week or two hoping he regains form.

Well said Jrdnkiks213.

You're right as long as us as fans dish out $10 for nachos, $12 for beers, $10 for a hot dog, $15 for parking, pavillion tickets increasing in prices, andoverall tickers increasing - McCourt can laugh all the way to the bank.

I'm just confused on the idenity of this squad - we really should just do what the Dbacks did and just let our young kids play - I mean it can't getworst than the product we have on the field right?

And in all honesty, Kershaw is way too raw, I still think he needs a good 2 years to develop and expand his pitch variety. His fastball and curveball caneasily be smashed on within a couple games of other teams scouting him.

laugh.gif
PMAC change the thread title, the last thing we need to be is cocky.

Also, Ken Rosenthal reports about Brad Penny possibly being moved this season, and dodgers might not resign furcal due to him being injury prone.

Back
Top Bottom