Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Everett a match for Dodgers?

Monday, July 28, 2008 |

Posted by Buster Olney
At a time when the Los Angeles Dodgers are dealing with the latest injury to Nomar Garciaparra and looking around for help at shortstop, Adam Everett may be reaching a crossroads in his time with the Minnesota Twins. Everett is nearing the end of his 20-day rehab assignment, and more recently, he has hit .333 for Triple-A Rochester. Nick Punto is established with the Twins and he has been playing well at shortstop, so it's unclear whether Minnesota will have a spot for Everett, who hit .189 in 25 games earlier this year, or if they'd choose to trade or release him. Everett, 31, is a veteran of eight seasons in the majors.
Great, add Everett to our stockpile of shortstops (Berroa, Ozuna, Hu, and Nomar)
eyes.gif

When is Colletti gonna stop taking other peoples garbage?

L.A. teams a good fit for Teixeira

Saturday, July 26, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Keith Law
The market for Mark Teixeira seems to be slowly heating up. The two L.A. clubs have shown the strongest interest, although Boston and Tampa Bay are waiting in the wings. Arizona is a "highly unlikely" destination, according to one source. Teixeira is an ideal fit for the Angels, who are getting no production from their DH spot this year (except when Vlad Guerrero is in it, which means they get no production from right field).

The fit for the Dodgers is less obvious because a trade would either include James Loney or push him to the bench. Teixeira has been as good or better in the second half of every season he has played in the majors since his first season in 2003, and he has a career second-half OPS of .943. To the extent that a "second-half player" exists, Teixeira would be it. And there's no doubt that he'll command two draft picks -- probably a late first-round pick and a sandwich pick -- when he leaves as a free agent this offseason.
I don't know how good Loney will become, but as of right now, I would much rather keep him for the next 3-4 years.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I'll be there tonight
pimp.gif

Where are you sitting?
I want to go but I'm gonna be stuck at work
grin.gif

Field level, section 35. Got two tickets for $64. Face value of $220. eBay FTW!
pimp.gif

Ebay is the only place I buy my tickets
pimp.gif

I've sat in that section a handful of times, and they are great seats. Enjoy the Game!

Hiroki didn't come mentally ready to play tonight.

Its pretty much going to be ... impossible for us to come back losing by 5 runs.

Please Joe, put in CHP.

Check that, make it 6 runs.

& the replay looks like Ethier caught it.

I can't watch this anymore, put it on NGC they have a special on the green berets.

wack dodgers blunder.. stupid.. and throwing him out..

brian wilson tossing 100mph... *#%...

who does he think he is nolan ryan?

"He said fertilizer"
"Oh wait now he switched it to bull"
"Oh fertilizer again"

Vin trips me out.

What a great effort down 7 runs, but came up short and couldn't gain ground on the dbacks loss.

Casey Blake is that dude though, dude can hit, almost got his first Dodger homer - and he showed a lot of passion questioning that ump, we need our youngplayers to get their tenacity on that level.

I'm glad Joe stepped up for Casey too.

Hiroki, you deserve a big L for this one son.

That was a nice comeback, but it was just too little too late, and Kuroda didn't provide a good pitching performance either

Dodgers have said they will trade for Manny IF the redsox take on Andruw Jones. So maybe Andruw Jones + Prospect & I'm sure Manny would want hiscontract extended .... I'm all for that.

We also need Greg Maddux, Colletti make things happen or Logan has got your job next year.

Dodgers have said they will trade for Manny IF the redsox take on Andruw Jones. So maybe Andruw Jones + Prospect & I'm sure Manny would want hiscontract extended .... I'm all for that.

We also need Greg Maddux, Colletti make things happen or Logan has got your job next year.

Back
Top Bottom