Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Manny will be wearing #28, according to Dodgers.com

Yeah, I heard he was wearing #28 from Vin.

What show were you watching bigmike?
laugh.gif

it was dodger live it was lyons that said it.

Steve "Psycho" Lyons?
tongue.gif

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

EDIT: For my peeps in the West Coast, tune in to ESPN, they are going to show never before seen "Manny being Manny" clips, should be funny.
laugh.gif

WOW! I'm really late on this news. As a big Dodger fan this is great. Now I gotta go to another Dodger game for sure this year.

^ I believe tomorrow night.

Great pick up for the Blue Crew, I didn't know Manny was that old but he's still a beast. Hopefully he energizes the Dodgers to win the division andmake some noise in the playoffs.

indifferent.gif
We had that game....... And i think Ethier was freaken safe athome
mad.gif
oh well
Lets get 2/3 with Manny at home

Edit-
Dom.! you a were fool for calling that trade i even said "no way there will be a 3-way trade"
Sure enough you were correct
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 75 Partly Cloudy

Any word on a Manny press conference? I wonder what number he will wear.

I hate to bring up the Angels but I was so tired of them getting all the "big name" players and people thinking they were a better team/orginazation in this city.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

no hate on the dodgers because techniclly they are my 2nd team and i want to see them do well whenever their not playing the mets and i go to alot of gamesand even attended 3 niketalk summits at dodger stadium but over the past 10 years or so the angels have been a way better team/ organization.

the dodgers have better and a more loyal fanbase then the angels but they've done a whole lot of nothing over the past 10 years. imo all they need isone playoff series victorty to get that confidence to make a deep playoff run, and if the dodgers ever win another world series i can imagine the paradebeing 10 times as big as any of the laker parades were seeing how many dodger fans it is here in la

Any word on a Manny press conference? I wonder what number he will wear.
There wont be a press conference, well, Manny will speak to the media tomorrow behind home plate at Dodger Stadium.

Manny was given #28, but he declined it for #66. He then declined that one for #99.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
The clubhouse prepared those three jerseys. He has the merchandisepeople going nuts right now,
laugh.gif

This move possibly saved Ned's job. Although, I'm wondering how the talks will go with Manny knowing he wants a $20M/yr contract.

Can the Dodgers man up and DFA or AAA jones? It's just dead weight that he brings to the table.

Hopefully we can bring in a pitcher from waivers.

laugh.gif
28, 66 then 99 - it's gonna be a circus today at the ravine with all the media.

Wish I had time to get tix. Have fun for the people going.

anybody going tonight?
My son and I will be sitting in the reserves somewhere with a bunch of people from my friends work.
If you see a Tampico Spice Co. that's us.

-J-

Originally Posted by JBug88

anybody going tonight?
My son and I will be sitting in the reserves somewhere with a bunch of people from my friends work.

-J-

I'll be there in the Loge section 147. Ebay is crazy right now, tickets for tonights game are over face value. Geez.

anybody going tonight?

-J-
I'll be there, Reserve also. What are the chances Manny plays tonight?

i havent kept up with NL west baseball lately, how's berroa doing so far with the dodgers? I remember dude just fell off after his one good year
roll.gif

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

i havent kept up with NL west baseball lately, how's berroa doing so far with the dodgers? I remember dude just fell off after his one good year
roll.gif

He's exceeded my expectation of him Defensively, but his bat is as cold as a winter storm.

Yes, it's safe to say that he fell off after his rookie year.

Originally Posted by jpap348

He's expected to be in the lineup tonight.

anybody going tonight?

-J-

EVERYTHING I've heard has said he'll be there tonight. I have a pretty good feeling feeling Andruw Jones made his last out last night for a while. and if I don't get to see Manny play, hey, at least I'll have a cooler bag to show for it.
laugh.gif

what kind of sucks is the my buddy and his wife (who is driving) are notorious for showing up late. so I'll probably miss the pregame intros

-J-

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Can the Dodgers man up and DFA or AAA jones?

Yes.... but he can refuse the assignment to AAA since he has over 5 years MLB experience...

if you DFA him, it frees up a 40 man roster spot, but not sure who would want to get him in a trade especially with the big contract... or you can justrelease him entirely, provided he clears waivers

but the Dodgers are still on the hook for his salary, so it looks like they'll have to keep him
sick.gif
... unless they put him on the DL with a "phantom" injury...

anybody going tonight?

-J-

EVERYTHING I've heard has said he'll be there tonight. I have a pretty good feeling feeling Andruw Jones made his last out last night for a while. and if I don't get to see Manny play, hey, at least I'll have a cooler bag to show for it.
laugh.gif

what kind of sucks is the my buddy and his wife (who is driving) are notorious for showing up late. so I'll probably miss the pregame intros

-J-
laugh.gif
that's why I always offer to drive when I go to a game with friends, gotta keep them on schedule to get to the Ravine early. Which Reserve yousitting in? I think I'm in 40.

anybody going tonight?

-J-

laugh.gif

-J-
laugh.gif
that's why I always offer to drive when I go to a game with friends, gotta keep them on schedule to get to the Ravine early. Which Reserve you sitting in? I think I'm in 40.
not sure. my friends grandpa founded Tampico Spice Co. and he and his mom both work there. Couple times a year, his mom does a company night at thestadium. she does the group ticket thing. but I wanna say that last time they sat in like 6 or 8.

-J-

just found out we are in section 4. like row O. either sitting there or my friends moms season tix which are section 2, row B.

im thinking of going to the game on sunday (day game).. is he too gay/diva to play in the sun? i wanna see this fool in action, make sure he doesnt pull aandruw jones/kwame brown

This is a joke, I can't believe andruw jones is in the lineup.

Ethier or Pierre should be on the field instead of this bum.

Not surprised if Jones starts at all actually.. I'm not sure what Mattingly and Torre see from this dude during BP or whatever but dude batting like halfhis weight is
sick.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom