Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

^ why are you even talking? have you seen your team? have fun with the most over payed player in zito. cant wait till the dodgers put a *** whopping on thegiants

Originally Posted by rc49ers

Your team sucks,so Don't even get me started.

Go ahead son' get started. We ain't stopping you.
roll.gif

What happened with andrew jones? Huh

Well we have Jones for one more year you on the other hand are stuck with Zito for something STUPID like 7years.... So fall back son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dodger fans make me laugh
You arn't gonna win the division so why you all happy?
indifferent.gif

haha At least as A giant's fan we have a future,while you got Dewitt and Billlingsy
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
what future do the giants have?

dodgers have young talent on the field and a @+$% load still left in the minor leauge system

and whats wrong with bills?

dude...
salaries of the young ones:
18. Russell Martin 500,000
19. Jonathan Broxton 454,000
20. Andre Ethier 424,500
21. Chad Billingsley 415,000
22. James Loney 411,000
23. Matt Kemp 406,000

thats a pretty bright future.. go play with barry..

I was hoping it would take a while for Manny to get hot for the Dodgers.

It was a split series, I guess it could have been worse.

It was a split series, but dodgers shoulda won at least 3. Their bullpen couldn't clutch up and lowe had 1 bad inning after throwing a great game

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
Busch Stadium
5:15PM PDT

Billingsley (11-9)

Carpenter (0-0)

[table][tr][td]TEAM[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]%[/td] [td]GB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]54[/td] [td].514[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]55[/td] [td].505[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]62[/td] [td].451[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]64[/td] [td].418[/td] [td]10.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]69[/td] [td].384[/td] [td]14.5[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
Penny set to return to LA rotation

Right-hander could throw up to 90 pitches in start on Friday

By Michael Schwartz / MLB.com
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
LOS ANGELES -- Brad Penny came out of his four-inning Minor League rehab start for Triple-A Las Vegas on Saturday ready to return to the Dodgers' rotation.
Penny is slated to join the club Monday in St. Louis, where he will throw a bullpen session before returning to the mound Friday in San Francisco.

The reports Dodgers manager Joe Torre got on Penny were "very good" during an outing in which he yielded four runs on six hits (three doubles) to go with four strikeouts and a walk. He threw 55 pitches (44 strikes) in 100-degree-plus weather in Oklahoma City, with his fastball clocking in at a high of 98 mph.

Depending on how hard Penny has to work in getting there, Torre said he could realistically see Penny throwing around 90 pitches against the Giants.

The big right-hander has been out since June 15 with right shoulder soreness. He had lost seven straight decisions before being placed on the disabled list, having not won since May 2, which was his fourth straight victory at the time.

Penny's imminent return means he will take the rotation spot of Jason Johnson, although the journeyman threw six shutout innings on Tuesday and had yet to take the mound on Sunday when that decision was made.

"It's just a tough game," Torre said. "It's a cruel game, that's all it amounts to."

Meanwhile, reliever Scott Proctor came away sore from Saturday's rehab appearance with high Class A Inland Empire in which he allowed three runs (one earned) on three hits. Proctor, who has been on the disabled list since June 22 with elbow tendinitis, threw 24 pitches and struck out one.

Proctor will stay back while the team goes on its six-game road trip to make another rehab appearance.

"We have to make sure he's not going to have a recurrence of the elbow thing," Torre said.

Yessir. It doesn't matter how you start off the season, but how you finish off. Show em' what you have left Penny.

Bigmike23 wrote:

indifferent.gif

haha At least as A giant's fan we have a future,while you got Dewitt and Billlingsy
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dodgers have young talent on the field and a @+$% load still left in the minor leauge system

Nothing is wrong with Billingsy,he is a fine young player,could be a 20 win pitcher one day.
The giants future?
Shierholtz-Usa Olympic team
Sandoval
Bumgarner
Lincecum
Alderson
Wilson
Burris
Ochoa
Leone
Sancez
Cain
Hinshaw
Espinelli
Bowker
Rohlinger
Pueceta's
Posey
Gillepsi
Need I say more?

Bigmike23 wrote:

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nothing is wrong with Billingsy,he is a fine young player,could be a 20 win pitcher one day.
The giants future?
Shierholtz-Usa Olympic team
Sandoval
Bumgarner
Lincecum
Alderson
Wilson
Burris
Ochoa
Leone
Sancez
Cain
Hinshaw
Espinelli
Bowker
Rohlinger
Pueceta's
Posey
Gillepsi
Need I say more?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Haters stay hating, you don't see any Dodger fans on here trolling in the Giants thread.

Have fun with your 100 million dollar loser in Zito for the next 7 years, great future.

I'm sure half of those prospects will be potential trade bait down the line anyway.

Please, I can't believe a Giants fan is coming in here talking Smack, saying that the Dodgers suck
laugh.gif

Damn, Manny has definitely beasted during his first three games as a Dodger. 8-13 with 2 HR, 5 RBI. Lost the first two games 2-1 to the D-backs, but afterwinning the last two, we are still 1 GB of 1st. The Cards are up next. Let's Go!
pimp.gif

Also,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at that Giants fan.

from Friday night. I had goosebumps when Manny came up to bat in the 2nd inning. Place was electric. EVERYBODY was standing.
328727324.jpg

328727339.jpg

and didn't notice until right now. "Think Blue" right behind the sign. pretty cool.
328727342.jpg

-J-

^dope pics. too bad we lost Friday night (Chan Ho
smh.gif
) but I'm impressed with the way we've been playing since Blake/Manny arrived. Hopefully itcontinues and we make a playoff run
pimp.gif

[h1]This is pure speculation on my part, so don't take it to the bank ...[/h1]
By Tony Jackson on August 3, 2008 1:20 PM | Permalink | Comments (4) | ShareThis
... but there was a lengthy conversation just inside the doors leading to the Dodgers' clubhouse this morning between Joe Torre and Scott Boras, and while I have no idea what it was about, my strong suspicion is it might have been about Andruw Jones and the possibility of him going to the minors for a few days to try to get his swing right. When the conversation finally ended, I saw Joe and Ned Colletti go into Joe's office.
Without coming right out and saying, ``Hey, what were you and Boras talking about?'' I did go fishing with Joe during his pregame session. What I asked, specifically, was whether sending Andruw to the minors for a few days was a possibility.
This was Joe's answer:
``We're trying to fix Andruw. He is going to have to do it off the bench at this point in time. He is working on some stuff with (extra hitting coach) Jeff (Pentland) and (hitting coach) Donnie (Mattingly). But long-term, I think we're going to have to see some signs to get him back to regular status at this point in time.''
I then specifically asked if going to the minors has been presented to Andruw. Joe said it hasn't, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been presented to Boras. This sort of thing typically goes to the agent first.
Although it can't officially be called a rehab, sending Jones down essentially would amount to the club asking him to complete the minor-league rehab assignment he cut short a month ago, the one that was supposed to last two weeks longer than it did. He was only in Vegas for three days, during which he was said to have shown a dramatically improved swing with his surgically repaired leg. But at Jones' own suggestion, he was activated on July 4 to make up for the fact the club had lost Juan Pierre to the DL. Pierre is back now. But Jones still isn't any better than he was even before knee surgery

I have my 5 year old saying "Andruw Jones is a bum" everytime he sees him on tv or at the games.
I'm 32 years old, been going to Dodger games just as long and never in my memory, have I heard such disdain and booing from Dodger fans towards one of ourown players.

-J-

Back
Top Bottom