Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Loving the new lineup.

Manny always seems to lead off batting with no one on. Move him up to third, Kemp or Ethier are bound to be on base. Also, hopefully he sees more fastballs.

2-0 Dodgers with Mannys HR.

AZ does not play tonight.

roll.gif
roll.gif

This season is a WRAP!

$%+ is going on, we're making the Nationals look like a playoff bound team.

Horrrrible
smh.gif

What the hell?

They can't beat the last place team, they can't score any runs, they can't stay above .500, and they can't catch up to AZ.

laugh.gif

Add Troncosco.

I really wanna hear what Steiner & Lyons say off air, I bet they talk so much !$%@.

not related to the game but i remember last year there was a game that James Loney had like 8 RBI's in one game and it tied the record for most RBI's in one game for a Dodger? and he finished the season off with 15 RBI's in total? is my memory serving me correctly? if so i find that funny he got more than half his RBIs in one game
Actually it was 9 RBI's in one game, and it was in 2006. He ended up with 18 RBI's because he was a September call up that year, and wasa backup to Nomar Garciaparra, who won the Comeback Player of the Year award that season.

I don't know what is so funny about having 18 RBI's in 102 at bats.

I don't want to talk about the current state of the team,
smh.gif

400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

capt.c160fea42fee4ee0bde36ecadd43bb90.dodgers_nationals_baseball_nat102.jpg

DUKES IS A MONSTER! HE WAS A MAN AMONGST BOYS TONIGHT. Kershaw was no match for him. two TOWERING homers, the second homer was a nasty no doubter.
sick.gif
no doubt in my mind Dukes is the strongest player in all of baseball. Dukes >Kemp.

It's getting so bad we got a Nationals fan & Randy Moss slurper saying Dukes > Kemp.

smh.gif

and not to be forgotten amongst all of my Dukes worshiping, congrats to Guzy on the CYCLE!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

great series!

i couldn't find the nats thread, so i guess i'll just stop by here...congrats on the cycle GUZY!!!!!!

Dodgers demote Kershaw temporarily

Rookie will pay brief visit to Minors to make room for Elbert

By Michael Schwartz / MLB.com

WASHINGTON -- After Clayton Kershaw's short start on Thursday forced the bullpen to throw 5 2/3 innings, the Dodgers optioned him to Triple-A Las Vegas and called up Double-A pitcher Scott Elbert to provide bullpen depth.
The move was not a direct result of Kershaw's performance -- it was intended to support the tired Los Angeles 'pen.

Kershaw will still be on track to make his next scheduled start on Tuesday against the Padres. Because Las Vegas' schedule ends on Monday, the Dodgers will not have to wait the typically required 10 days before calling him back up in time to make that start.

Elbert will be making his Major League debut after going 4-1 with a 2.40 ERA for Double-A Jacksonville.

Elbert, the Dodgers' first-round pick in the 2004 First-Year Player Draft, missed almost all of 2007 and the beginning of 2008 while recovering from shoulder surgery.

Michael Schwartz is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Was that some sort of flashback?!

What just happened to ironman?
My modem has been buggin', Time Warner is sending a tech to fix the problem. I actually edited my previous response and it ended up posting aday later,
laugh.gif

I will give more insight later, but right now I believe pictures are worth more than words:

tinman5av.jpg

m-47-general-george-s-patton-medium-tank-2.jpg

garbage.jpg

i knew J RAIN was gonna come in here and post about Guzman and Dukes
roll.gif

but honestly, props to guzman for the cycle
pimp.gif
, and yes, one of dukes' HRs was a towering shot

I have high doubts that they can take this series @ AZ, as well as the series vs. AZ at Dodger Stadium, but they say it's not over 'til it's overso...

I heard Brad Penny should be coming back soon, and most likely will be in the bullpen, so what do you guys think of Penny being the closer?

I actually think Penny will be solid, since he has a variety of pitches unlike Broxton. You can't just throw heat all the time, plus, Broxton has thetendency to lose his cool and overthrow.

Damn my internetz! is bugging!
mad.gif

You guys should tune in to ESPN radio 710, they are talking Dodgers.

EDIT: they went to commercial, but they brought up good points.

I can't help but feeling like ever since Kent opened his mouth, the chemistry and confidence of this team went downhill.

Hey Frenchblue, can you breakdown some stuff they talked about with the Dodgers?

Anyone remember when I said Penny to be closer because of his variety of pitches?
nerd.gif

If he could come back healthy, he'd be solid as the closer.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Hey Frenchblue, can you breakdown some stuff they talked about with the Dodgers?

Anyone remember when I said Penny to be closer because of his variety of pitches?
nerd.gif

If he could come back healthy, he'd be solid as the closer.
They mentioned 99% of everything that we have said in this thread
laugh.gif

Also something interesting that they mentioned, was Russell Martin's eligibility for arbitration.....
They offered him a buyout, so that they can sign him long term, but he turn that notion down.... Help me out if I'm wrong Iron Man.
I don't know if that means he has no confidence in this team's future, or he just letting his agent take care of all that.

As well as the firing of Colletti of course, if this team doesn't make the playoffs....
If that happens, there would most likely be a few buyouts proposed by the new GM.
Goodluck to that man whoever it may be, trying to clean up after Colletti.
sick.gif

Too much money invested on players on the sideline.

And that Manny has completely revived this city, and has people excited about Dodger baseball once again.
No brainer that they should keep him, I mean they attract 3-4 million fans per year, and they have a nice TV contract.

Back
Top Bottom