*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

I think that the 4 people chosen by Naomi's group were specifically chosen because they
all have a 1st degree of separation to someone on 815.

Has anyone forgot about the diamonds that Nikki and Paulo had? I mean, there was like $2-5 mil
in diamonds... there has to be someone looking for those. But what would Ben have to do with
them?

Anyone else feel the SERIOUS reversal of roles when the helicopter 4 landed on the island?
"We have our people pointing their guns at you right now" Jack says to Miles... remenisent of
the Mr. Friendly incident at night when they had to bargain for Kate. Jack and the survivors
have become the others.

We already know that Locke is wrong. Hurley said so when he was playing b-ball with Jack.
Ben continues to manipulate everyone, especially Locke.
Who else thinks that Ben did not intend to kill Locke when he shot him? Ben predicted in last season's episode that he was going to convince the Losties to stay. Well he convinced half of them so far thanks to Locke.

wow! great point about Ben not intending to kill Locke. Ben knows EVERYTHING about EVERYONE,
surely he knew that Locke was missing his kidney in that location and wouldn't die if shot
there. Maybe Ben was testing Locke's "specialness"

Then again, the island "heals" people... maybe even brings them back from the dead. Could that
be the case with Christian Shepherd?

Does Miles Have anything to do with Jacob
Mayb He could talk to jacob since he has the
power to speak to the dead?

I thought the same thing.... how great is this guy's special ability in relation to the island!!!

As for the whole time thing. Remember Ben showed the Red Sox winning the world series? If they
were to go back to the US and it was only one day after the crash, then the Oceanic 6 would
know the future, I'm just not buying that theory. Is the island (or is a station on the island)
a time traveling vessel???

Supposedly Richard left the island too.

Exactly... Ben saying he's never left the island means to me that he's never lived off of the
island. I think he's been to MANY places around the world.

Here's my Eko theory. Eko died. And suddenly, his ghost appeared at his mother's house. Probably
because there was unfinished business in the house from before he left to africa for the drug trade.
Obviously, Eko became a drug dealer at a young age, and I think the stash he had in his mom's
house was other 20 years old and something he's never gotten off of his chest. Once Miles was
able to "speak" to him, he was able to relieve that from his conscience and be on his way (to heaven)

The theory that Charlotte is Ben's inside source is a damn good one. He truly lays the woodwork for
people not to suspect her as the spy. Also, if I get shot by a dude that's incarcerated, when I
awoke, I would've beat the piss out of them let alone letting someone else (Sawyer) do it for me.
What does she do? Nothing, just gazes at Ben almost to say, "good play fellow."

Sorry for the long post, I'm interested to see what you guys think about my points...

jester

Here's my Eko theory. Eko died. And suddenly, his ghost appeared at his mother's house. Probably
because there was unfinished business in the house from before he left to africa for the drug trade.
Obviously, Eko became a drug dealer at a young age, and I think the stash he had in his mom's
house was other 20 years old and something he's never gotten off of his chest. Once Miles was
able to "speak" to him, he was able to relieve that from his conscience and be on his way (to heaven)
I gotta disagree on this one. I really don't think that was Eko's mama's house. Eko was from Nigeria (wasn't he).
1. The mom spoke perfect english
2. Paid in American money
3. Miles found American money in the hiding spot
4. And I really don't think Miles, an asian cat, would be out in the middle of Nigeria ghost hunting.
5. The mom said the son was murdered and from the pics, he looked to be pretty young.
6. It looked like L.A. from when Miles was driving up to the house.
laugh.gif

I could be completely worng, but I don't think so.

-J-

^^ I had that same thought
Until i saw the pics they look identical
And the Heroine
Im just saying u know

Let's keep the theories going!

Everyone has so many good points, we're bound to figure something out.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JBug88

I gotta disagree on this one. I really don't think that was Eko's mama's house. Eko was from Nigeria (wasn't he).
1. The mom spoke perfect english
2. Paid in American money
3. Miles found American money in the hiding spot
4. And I really don't think Miles, an asian cat, would be out in the middle of Nigeria ghost hunting.
5. The mom said the son was murdered and from the pics, he looked to be pretty young.
6. It looked like L.A. from when Miles was driving up to the house.
laugh.gif

I could be completely worng, but I don't think so.

-J-

It was Inglewood. It said it on the bottom of the screen when Miles drove up to the house.

some of you should really stop speculating or actually dont because it can be pretty damn funny, but so many of few are so far off the path it makes me thinkwere discussing different shows.

I just started watching lost again (I stopped after the first season), can somebody explain the white polar bear in the first episodes?

Originally Posted by HUYNHer

I just started watching lost again (I stopped after the first season), can somebody explain the white polar bear in the first episodes?
The polar bears were kept by the Dharma initiative in cages at one of their stations. The same cages that Sawyer and Kate were held in. The bears atfish biscuits in the cages apparently. It seems that they just escaped out of the cages, and are now roaming the island, other than the one that was killed.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

wink.gif
As for destiny, my question is: is it being manipulated by some powerful group or is it really destiny? I think it really is destiny--events occurring because that's the only way you can get to the ending.

Great post whywesteppin....and I posed this same question earlier. I think "destiny" is being manipulated personally. There are just too manyfactors that others had a role in as far as bringing people to the island. Even the four new characters we learned about were manipulated....they were broughtto the island because of a fake plane crash. Was it really there "destiny" to be there? I would love to hear others thoughts on destiny vsmanipulation....its very interesting.
The Eko theory is interesting but I am not so sure if that is him. The drugs and the money makes sense and the kidlooks like a young Eko but we have no information of Eko's family ever moving to or living in America at one point. I just wonder if Miles is shady anduses his "powers" to get things he wants from the dead.

What's my homie from The Wire, Lt. Daniels doing on LOST ?

This show is seriously testing my patience. I really wish I had the whole story infront of me instead of having to wait every wk for more puzzling clues.

Originally Posted by new york yanks

some of you should really stop speculating or actually dont because it can be pretty damn funny, but so many of few are so far off the path it makes me think were discussing different shows.

The problem with a show like LOST is that the story is written as the show moves along. I'd venture to say that it is almost a certainty that certainsignificant aspects of the story were changed somewhere along the way or some aspects became more significant than others.

Some of the theories may be true now but the writers might choose a diff. direction when they're writing next season.

^Thats actually not true because the writers actually have the show written out til the end of Season six. They may add a few things along the way but thebasic premise for how the story plays out is already finished.

Originally Posted by Kobe Fan

too much spoilage going on in here...

NYC did you already see the whole season, and if not, why would you like getting spoiled from your "source"?

I only know what happens after they film an episode. I never really get spoiled completely...I just ask to know enough not to get completely spoiled.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

^Thats actually not true because the writers actually have the show written out til the end of Season six. They may add a few things along the way but the basic premise for how the story plays out is already finished.

Yeh, I know they have the story written out to season six but that's prob. a general outline. All the little details and specifics are important tothis show and I find it hard to believe that over the last 3 seasons they haven't changed something significantly or have decided to go in a diff.direction here and there.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^^true...I dont know the final premise of the entire show. Only writers and producers know that.

You know what to do then. chop chop.

Na. Good looking out on the spoilers though. Always enjoy reading them.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

^Thats actually not true because the writers actually have the show written out til the end of Season six. They may add a few things along the way but the basic premise for how the story plays out is already finished.

Yeh, I know they have the story written out to season six but that's prob. a general outline. All the little details and specifics are important to this show and I find it hard to believe that over the last 3 seasons they haven't changed something significantly or have decided to go in a diff. direction here and there.

Yeah I agree man they are sticking to the general outline but your are right about changes they have done that and will continue to do so. Theintroduction and removal of Nikki and Paulo is a perfect example.

BTW that theory someone posted a few posts back I really find interesting...dude tied in the whole manipulation factor of people being brought to theisland.

^^thats what i thought too..because when Hurley was telling people that he was trying to get him no one went to talk to Abbadon.

but if the black dude in the pics was that black dude who visits hurley, why would Miles have to go to his grandmother's house when he coulda just done ithimself

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^^thats what i thought too..because when Hurley was telling people that he was trying to get him no one went to talk to Abbadon.

yeah, but thats where refrecences that abbadon is the shadow because you never saw him leave, just a shadow on the door.

• In Hebrew Abaddon means "destroyer," or "destruction". More precisely, this name comes from the Hebrew root word aleph-bet-daled, which means "lost".
  • In Job 26:6; Proverbs 15:11 Abaddon means "place of destruction", or "realm of the dead". In Revelation 9:11, it is personified as Abaddon, "Angel of the Abyss". Many biblical scholars believe Abaddon to be Satan or the antichrist. Others argue that is a mistaken view since the angel "Abaddon" possesses the keys to the Abyss into which Satan is hurled or imprisoned, indicating that he serves as Satan's "jailer" and must therefore be someone else.
  • The English transliteration of the Hebrew word, abaddon, is lexicographically close to the word English abandon, but this is likely irrelevant since Hebrew and English do not share a common linguistic heritage.

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

• In Hebrew Abaddon means "destroyer," or "destruction". More precisely, this name comes from the Hebrew root word aleph-bet-daled, which means "lost".
  • In Job 26:6; Proverbs 15:11 Abaddon means "place of destruction", or "realm of the dead". In Revelation 9:11, it is personified as Abaddon, "Angel of the Abyss". Many biblical scholars believe Abaddon to be Satan or the antichrist. Others argue that is a mistaken view since the angel "Abaddon" possesses the keys to the Abyss into which Satan is hurled or imprisoned, indicating that he serves as Satan's "jailer" and must therefore be someone else.
  • The English transliteration of the Hebrew word, abaddon, is lexicographically close to the word English abandon, but this is likely irrelevant since Hebrew and English do not share a common linguistic heritage.

laugh.gif

good find. i'm not even sure what to make of that.

Back
Top Bottom