*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

Originally Posted by JBug88

what up xanadu?? been a while man.
and Xanadu was a movie. Olivia Newton-John.
but if I remember correct, it was REAL bad.
and back to Lost. I've only got 4 of the Oceanic 6
Jack
Kate
Sayid
Hurley
and someone said Aaron doesn't count.
who am I missing?

-J-

i thought i read that Sun and Jin were part of the six?
nerd.gif

[h3]Things I Noticed - "Eggtown" by Vozzek69[/h3]

Locke offers Ben some cantaloupe and the last two eggs in exchange for some decent info, but Locke forgot to sprinkle those eggs with love. Nor is Ben interested in re-reading Valis, a book where an ancient, mechanical intelligence orbiting the earth has been guiding people's thoughts (30 second's worth of research on google). Once again Locke tries the nice approach, and once again Ben does what he does best - he engages in some serious mind****ery. This time around, Ben even points out the circular nature of their situation: same $@@*, different room. Watch his smirk when Locke suggests he read the book again, "you might catch something you missed the first time around". If only Locke knew how much that statement truly applied.

For a brief moment, I thought Locke was impervious to Ben's taunting. When the cards were played, I thought for once he held the higher hand. But then he smashed the last two eggs into the subterranean cardboard prop wall (that wavered noticeably), allowing Ben to savor yet another mind-victory. At least this time it didn't come with that mega-creepy smirk.

The real mystery here is why Jacob, or the island for that matter, hasn't recently guided Locke. My guess is that tall island Walt's goal was to get Locke to stop Naomi from calling the freighter. That mission failed, and now the whole freighter thing has to resolve before Locke is given new instructions. The island is laying low. This puts Locke in a holding pattern, where he gets to play Martha Stewart until further notice.

Dharma Coffee… good to the last drop
Just as Locke has taken over Ben's role (not to mention his digs), Claire & company have taken the role of the complacent, under-informed, way-too-comfortable group of 'Others'. Coffee on the porch, laundry line gossip, no book club yet but I'm sure it's coming. The interaction between Sawyer and Kate is pivotal this episode, and ultimately determines how Kate ends up being one of the Oceanic six instead of the live-in girlfriend who breaks up Hurley and Sawyer's movie night each week.

Sawyer really messed up this episode... big time. Kate came to spy, yet she also came for him too. Sawyer's too busy feeling sorry for himself to realize this. This leads him to say some pretty harsh things at the absolute worst times. When a girl tells you she's not pregnant she wants some soft words and an arm around her shoulder, not a 'whoo-hoo!' followed up by a 'that would be the worst thing in the world and you know it!' Kate's in the middle of considering Sawyer's offer to stay but still feels an obligation to Jack - if she can just find out the deal with Miles, she can satisfy both camps and do what her heart wants. Yet here's Sawyer being an insensitive !$%$$#%, telling her he only 'told her' he'd protect her because he figured it was what she wanted to hear. Worse yet, he's sabotaging the whole thing without even meaning to - a leftover mechanism from his past life - because I believe he genuinely does love Kate and want to protect her… he just sucks at showing it.

Xanadu, the boxed wine, getting excommunicated by Locke - that crap's enough to weird anyone out. As the DA puts it, Kate's the very definition of a flight risk. We've been watching her run for three seasons now, and aside from the fact she didn't blow anything up, this episode was no different. You couldn't expect her to stick around there.

Back in Black
Lockes' back to playing backgammon, only this time he's on the black side. He's come a long way since describing the game to Walt back in S1E2. Sawyer grabs the white pieces - he's come an equally long way in the last three seasons. "There are two sides - one black, one white". What does it all mean? Who knows - but that scene seemed ultra important the first time I watched it, back when Locke didn't really have a 'side' yet.

Jack's little boy haircut made me laugh
I expected another sub-commander beard, but Jack shows up in court sporting an Endo! All that was missing was a lollipop and a sticker that said 'I was good'.

We learned a lot this episode about how the plane crash was generally portrayed to the public. Jack, Hurley, Sayid, and whomever was in the coffin - I guess they all got together and thought it was in Kate's best interest to portray her as a superhero. The 'sick of lying' line has even more meaning.

Miles, Greed… Greed, Miles
It's going to be a bit disappointing if Miles' only agenda turns out to be sheer love of money, but that's the way it's shaping up. His 55 second meeting with Ben had us on the edge of our seats, especially the way Ben acknowledged he knew who Miles, and more importantly, who his employer was. Ben seemed dismayed (and relieved) to learn that Miles' only goal was extortion. 3.2 million dollars was a strange number, but watch Ben's face as he asks "How come 3.2? How come not 3.3 or 3.4?" - it's almost as if he answers his own question halfway through - recognition dawns upon his face. At this point he knows what Miles can do.

I'm willing to bet that Ben's entire island fortune amounts to 3.2 million dollars, or that somewhere on the island there's a case with exactly that sum of money in it. Miles somehow gleaned this info using his 'gift', and is now willing to betray his freighter friends for it. It's not like they're answering his phone calls anyway, and it's just as easy for him to declare Ben dead.

The "he" Miles refers to - his employer - is most likely the person Ben and Sayid were trying to locate last episode. By killing his subordinates, Sayid was worried that his cover was blown. But Ben's episode-ending, mustache-twirling 'goooood' showed he was happy that "he" knew they were coming. In our current timeline, this guy is hunting Ben. But in the future timeline, Ben is hunting him too… beating the bushes, flushing him out into the open, forcing him to make that fatal mistake.

Kate's mom is down to her last life
Six months to live for the last four years… let's see, that's 8 times she should be dead now. In this, the last of her nine lives, Kate's mom stops her lame whistle-blowing and tries to make some amends. Doesn't matter - I still hate her.

Diplomacy only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Clear on opposite sides of the island, both Jack and Locke are completely fed up with the usual 'LOST' methods of diplomacy. Traditionally, these included some chin scratching, head rubbing, and the occasional "why are you doing this"? But hey - it's season four, and we don't have the time or patience for that crap anymore. Let's jam a WWII grenade in someone's mouth. Even without Sayid around, Miles picked a bad time to become a captive.

Stay Kate, STAY! Gooood Kate.
If you think the goal of Kate's trial was to bring her to justice for the evil wrongdoings she perpetrated upon some poor drunk unknown slob a few years back, you totally missed the boat. Because if you examine the DA's behavior throughout this episode you soon realize something: they just want Kate somewhere - anywhere - that they can keep their eye on her.

The DA asks for Kate to be locked up during her trial. Just look at the glance she gives Kate during that scene. She's aiming for a nice long lockdown, but somehow Kate thwarts prison and gets away with just probation. This doesn't work for the DA. She wants a clause thrown in that prevents Kate from leaving the state. That's no ordinary DA… that's an evil freighter-loving Dharma initiative DA if I ever saw one.

Then I started thinking about where future Hurley is. He's locked up too, in a nice little spot where everyone can keep an eye on him. Alcoholic Jack's not physically locked up, but he's kept under thumb nonetheless. I've got a feeling he couldn't get fired from that hospital if he were doing body shots of Jaeger off the people he's operating on (although he might get a stern written warning). And Sayid might be under scrutiny too… if he didn't already go all rogue James Bond last episode.

My point is that someone's keeping tabs on the Oceanic 6. Which kind of answers a nagging question I've had since the season started: why were they allowed to return to society at all? Seems to me that whomever rescued them, freighter people or naught, are likely the same people responsible for staging the underwater crash site. Why take the risk of leaving these six people alive? People who know all KINDS of stuff they shouldn't know, people who could tell all kinds of weird stories on any news show without a moment's notice? Wouldn't such an organization rather eliminate that possibility and tie up those loose ends?

The answer lies, I think, in the fact that the Oceanic 6 are going to be needed for something. This would be the only reason to keep them around, or to keep tabs on them. Whether they're needed to eventually go back to the island or whether they're trying to prevent them from going back - I have no clue. But they're definitely being kept around for something, and it probably ain't too good.

Whoa! Hey, a baby? Maybe we should just hook up for some 'coffee'!
I was totally blown away when Kate called her son's name. Really cool moment. This of course implies that Claire will never leave the island, which may be a reason Jack doesn't want to see the baby. Jack's already got enough daddy issues without the added pressure of seeing Aaron (his nephew?) - a stark and painful reminder of what happened to his friends who didn't make the O6.

After the trial, Kate showed a genuine interest in seeing Jack on a connected type basis - totally inconsistent with the future-scene in last season's finale. Somewhere between then and now, Jack royally pisses Kate off, and I'm betting it has to do with the simple fact that Aaron must go back to the island along with the rest of the Oceanic 6. No matter how many times Jack rides his golden ticket across the Pacific, he'll never find the island without the others alongside him… I daresay, maybe even sitting in their exact numbered chairs. Angry season-finale Kate won't even consider it, because her last pledge to Claire will of course be to always look after baby Aaron. Plane crashes are probably dangerous to babies.

So the O6 turn out to be Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Aaron, and the dude we never saw in the coffin. Hmmm… wasn't there a coffin on the last plane too? Whoa.

EVERYTHING CHANGES
Stealing the most important scene award for the second consecutive week - Daniel. He and Charlotte flipping those cards was pretty confusing, but instead of trying to understand the method they were using, let's examine the results they were trying to achieve. It was obvious that Daniel expected to know the cards as they were turned over, yet he seemed to have trouble remembering. And then rather ominously, he got one wrong. And just before he began guessing, Charlotte uses the word 'time'. What's this all mean?

It means that the time anomaly isn't the only thing going on with the island. In all likelihood, the island is also slipping dimensionally. No, this isn't what most people want to hear. But it's what I'm pretty sure is happening.

I think those cards were exactly as Daniel remembered them when they were turned face down. But when they were turned up, they were different. Why? Because things are constantly CHANGING. Things have always been changing… most people have just been too stubborn to admit it. This began right at the start of season two, when the furnishings in Desmond's Swan Hatch began morphing from scene to scene. It continued into season three, when stuff would appear out of nowhere and the entire contents of Ben's fridge would rearrange themselves in the blink of an eye. The producers have said it - I've said it - it shouldn't take Jin in a yellow chicken suit to tell you that "Everything's going to change".

The interconnectivity of everybody to everyone else in just about every flashback is a cross-sectional slice of multi-dimensional reality that allows for so many things to be the same, yet so many things to still be slightly different. And with that last sentence, I'm out for the week.

Originally Posted by Step Your Game Up

at the end i thought Kate said ERIC not AARON so im like uh.....
laugh.gif
Me too man, at first I was like
eyes.gif
nerd.gif
but something wasn't right so I rewound it with my DVR and caught her saying "Aaron" and was like
eek.gif
grin.gif

haha me too...i heard the tense music...and i was like who da pho is eric

A. Yes and No

B. No,
laugh.gif

No Aaron doesn't count.
This reply leads to me to believe that you're putting on a front. You're gonna sit there and reply that aaron doesn't count when inlast weeks previews it clearly said that "another one of the oceanic 6 will be revealed". Aaron is part of the oceanic 6. You say Mike is the spy andwill be revealed next week. You also said this episode was one of the best of the season.....
You just research and watch the show just like all of us. You have no "insider" information. You're trying to be the leading authority of lostwhen you really aren't but a watcher like the rest of us. You "spoil" nothing other than the west coast time slot.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

A. Yes and No

B. No,
laugh.gif

No Aaron doesn't count.
This reply leads to me to believe that you're putting on a front. You're gonna sit there and reply that aaron doesn't count when in last weeks previews it clearly said that "another one of the oceanic 6 will be revealed". Aaron is part of the oceanic 6. You say Mike is the spy and will be revealed next week. You also said this episode was one of the best of the season.....
You just research and watch the show just like all of us. You have no "insider" information. You're trying to be the leading authority of lost when you really aren't but a watcher like the rest of us. You "spoil" nothing other than the west coast time slot.

Aaron is not in the oceanic 6 my dude, and if you believe I'm a front then you haven't been coming to the threads enough. Everything that i statedis true. Get outta here with that Thomas Hobb's crap saying how I'm trying to be an authoritative figure concerning LOST
laugh.gif

Jin and Sun are the rest...And i think its MY opinion that i liked the episode. Just because i think its in my top 5 episodes of the series that doesn'tmean it should be the same for everyone. There were a lot of clues regarding the dynamics of the story, and i never said Micheal will be revealed....that isepisode 8 buddy
laugh.gif
..If you don't believe me then just wait and see.

I could post the rest of the spoilers for the next 3 episodes, but that would just ruin it for some people. But if you really want, PM me and i will sendyou the spoilers. But for now just enjoy your 15 mins of e-fame for trying to knock me
laugh.gif
...maybe this will to some sort of attention you obviouslydon't have, because this is the first time i ever saw your name of this board.

You need to fall back and take an L.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

A. Yes and No

B. No,
laugh.gif

No Aaron doesn't count.
This reply leads to me to believe that you're putting on a front. You're gonna sit there and reply that aaron doesn't count when in last weeks previews it clearly said that "another one of the oceanic 6 will be revealed". Aaron is part of the oceanic 6. You say Mike is the spy and will be revealed next week. You also said this episode was one of the best of the season.....
You just research and watch the show just like all of us. You have no "insider" information. You're trying to be the leading authority of lost when you really aren't but a watcher like the rest of us. You "spoil" nothing other than the west coast time slot.

Aaron is not in the oceanic 6 my dude, and if you believe I'm a front then you haven't been coming to the threads enough. Everything that i stated is true. Get outta here with that Thomas Hobb's crap saying how I'm trying to be an authoritative figure concerning LOST
laugh.gif

Jin and Sun are the rest...And i think its MY opinion that i liked the episode. Just because i think its in my top 5 episodes of the series that doesn't mean it should be the same for everyone. There were a lot of clues regarding the dynamics of the story, and i never said Micheal will be revealed....that is episode 8 buddy
laugh.gif

I could post the rest of the spoilers for the next 3 episodes, but that would just ruin it for some people. But if you really want, PM me and i will send you the spoilers.

Ive been in every lost thread and in every lost thread....you get called out for being a fake.

Every other forum, as well as, this guy
So the O6 turn out to be Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Aaron, and the dude we never saw in the coffin. Hmmm… wasn't there a coffin on the last plane too? Whoa.

agree that aaron is part of the six...why in the hell would they announce in a preview that another part of the six would be revealed....only to reveal noone? C'mon man. I know you'd like to think you work for LOST but are you really gonna keep feeding us this "friends work with the show" bit.You'd have me to believe that someone would risk their job with LOST to please one friend who is gonna be on forums posting the whole seasonbeforehand?

A. Yes and No

B. No,
laugh.gif

No Aaron doesn't count.

Aaron is not in the oceanic 6 my dude, and if you believe I'm a front then you haven't been coming to the threads enough. Everything that i stated is true. Get outta here with that Thomas Hobb's crap saying how I'm trying to be an authoritative figure concerning LOST
laugh.gif

Jin and Sun are the rest...And i think its MY opinion that i liked the episode. Just because i think its in my top 5 episodes of the series that doesn't mean it should be the same for everyone. There were a lot of clues regarding the dynamics of the story, and i never said Micheal will be revealed....that is episode 8 buddy
laugh.gif

I could post the rest of the spoilers for the next 3 episodes, but that would just ruin it for some people. But if you really want, PM me and i will send you the spoilers.

Ive been in every lost thread and in every lost thread....you get called out for being a fake.

agree that aaron is part of the six...why in the hell would they announce in a preview that another part of the six would be revealed....only to reveal no one? C'mon man. I know you'd like to think you work for LOST but are you really gonna keep feeding us this "friends work with the show" bit. You'd have me to believe that someone would risk their job with LOST to please one friend who is gonna be on forums posting the whole season beforehand?

This guy "MexicanSoul" is honestly one of the worst posters we have on this board.

He's been schooled in S&T countless times.
nyc has NEVER posted anything about Lost that has not been true, from what I've seen.
just stop already.

-J-

Originally Posted by JBug88

A. Yes and No

B. No,
laugh.gif

No Aaron doesn't count.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

agree that aaron is part of the six...why in the hell would they announce in a preview that another part of the six would be revealed....only to reveal no one? C'mon man. I know you'd like to think you work for LOST but are you really gonna keep feeding us this "friends work with the show" bit. You'd have me to believe that someone would risk their job with LOST to please one friend who is gonna be on forums posting the whole season beforehand?

This guy "MexicanSoul" is honestly one of the worst posters we have on this board.

He's been schooled in S&T countless times.
nyc has NEVER posted anything about Lost that has not been true, from what I've seen.
just stop already.

-J-

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
But for real, stop posting MexicanSoul, stop it now. Everything you say is flawed.

I think everyone is missing the time thing. It is just my opinion but I think that it is a lot more than 30 minutes off from the real world. It was thirtyminuts different for a certain period of time, the time it took the rocket to get from the ship to the island. For example, it took the rocket 37 minutes whenit should have taken 7 minutes.

Maybe I am off base but I think there is a greater difference in time than 30 minutes. That is why no one questioned Kate with Aaron. I am sure the O6 weregone for a long time, judging from how much of the English language Aaron knows I would say he is roughly 3, no where close to the 3 months he is on theisland.

[color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]HORRIBLE EPISODE.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]ENOUGH WITH THIS FILLER CRAP...[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]Next one hopefully should be better though.[/color]

jbug...please...hop off. your patriots lost. get on with life. you keep hanging on to my misspelling of a name as a "sonning". lol. for the rest ofyou nyc nut huggers...do yourself a favor and look at the official lost forums that say aaron is part of the six. ill wait for you guys to see episode 7 orwhichever it is he claims sun and jin are part of the six...and when they're not, then attack all you want. better yet. ill purposedly get banned if whathe says is true.

jbug...please...hop off. your patriots lost. get on with life. you keep hanging on to my misspelling of a name as a "sonning". lol. for the rest of you nyc nut huggers...do yourself a favor and look at the official lost forums that say aaron is part of the six. ill wait for you guys to see episode 7 or whichever it is he claims sun and jin are part of the six...and when they're not, then attack all you want. better yet. ill purposedly get banned if what he says is true.

I hope you're right so that I can find out who the rest of the 6 are FROM THE SHOW.

Why would Aaron be part of the six? He's a child. He knows nothing. He's not really part of the LOST "crew" that the show is based around.
It's not like the people that got them off of the island have to worry about Aaron talking.

Maybe Aaron is being used as a pawn in some way against Kate and it makes her keep quite but I don't see why he would be included as part of the six.

laugh.gif
this dude trying to make nyc look like a fake... Everything hes toldus in the past, has been true. i suggest you take the L...

Originally Posted by El Rey Pappa

Originally Posted by craxyaznguy

laugh.gif
this dude trying to make nyc look like a fake... Everything hes told us in the past, has been true. i suggest you take the L...
not true

THANK YOU!!!!

NT always has its cheerleaders but you guys swear he's telling you something thats not available through a simple google search.

I'm going off what official forums are saying. I know I am not the only one that heard after Syiads episode the previews clearly saying the next memberof the six would be revealed. I'm not gonna keep bickering but as I said...IF Jin and Sun are the six I'll stop posting.

nycknicks may have been off on one or two things in the past but 99% of the time he is correct.

Everything I've read seems to echo what nycknicks is saying about the oceanic 6.

Lastly, you're basing your whole argument on what the previews said??????????? Please tell me that's not what you're basing things off. I wouldlisten to the ramblings of a bum before I invest anything in what the previews say. Unlike nycknicks, the previews are known to be inaccurate.

Just remember...not to d-ride or anything. but NYC posted those flash-forward spoilers LONG b4 any other site did.

NYC no disrespect but not everyone here knows that Sun and Jin are the remaining Oceanic six. I didn't know it, and now im "spoiled" in a way. Nomore spoilers please.
no more.

Don't stop posting spoilers, just put them in black. That's what he usually does anyway. I think he just got a little heated that that jerk was callinghim out so he stepped up. Anywho...like I said...I like the spoilers. Keep them coming. Even though I know what's going to happen, my jaw still drops whenI see it.

I agree, no spoilers. If anyone wants to be spoiled, they should send the person with a PM.

I don't know if it's been said. But watching the episode a second time made me realize that in the season finale when there at the airport, and Katesays, "he's waiting for me" could be that she meant Aaron when they were trying to get you to think Sawyer.

Back
Top Bottom