*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I'm guessing we see the spy next week. I wonder who it is... or if the actor has already been inserted in the credits...

I highly doubt they will show us that so quickly. I would guess the writers want to build up the suspense for that.

Since the writers like to torture us I assume the spy's introduction will be the cliffhanger of episode 7 going into the break...

the psychic in the first season tells claire she MUST be the one to raise the child. no one else can. which is why he gives her the ticket. "the child isimportant and needs her goodness" or something kate raising it is probably bad news.

Good point about "Bruce Lee" telling Ben not to treat him like those other people.... He knows more about the island than some random guy being picked off the street and thrown onto a helicopter.... Anyway, this whole season has been setting Ben up to be this incredible guy with a lot of power.
I think his "Miss Cleo" abilities makes him more knowledgable.

- I am kind of curious as to who the other two "Survivors" are and what is their story. There are the Oceanic 6 (Kate, Jack, Hurley, Sayid, V?,VI?), plus Jack stated on the witness stand that there were 8 survivors. I wonder what the story is that they have to repeat to the press, once they get backto civilization.

since nobody's mentioned it...why is kate portrayed as being such a good person in the flashforwards? is it just because jack doesnt want to see his booget locked up so he can go back to the island and why are the rest of the oceanic 6 backing that story up? in the scene after kate makes the plea bargain jacksays hes told that story so many times hes starting to believe it himself. did the oceanic 6 not want to see her get locked up or is she protecting them fromsomething the rest of them might have done to get off the island

Originally Posted by shok72

the psychic in the first season tells claire she MUST be the one to raise the child. no one else can. which is why he gives her the ticket. "the child is important and needs her goodness" or something kate raising it is probably bad news.

Yeah. I just re-watched that ep a couple days ago. Dude was a trip. Then again, I think he falls into the category similar to the lady that told Desmondabout his destiny. I think it was more like a scare tactic to get her on that plane.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Good point about "Bruce Lee" telling Ben not to treat him like those other people.... He knows more about the island than some random guy being picked off the street and thrown onto a helicopter.... Anyway, this whole season has been setting Ben up to be this incredible guy with a lot of power.
I think his "Miss Cleo" abilities makes him more knowledgable.

- I am kind of curious as to who the other two "Survivors" are and what is their story. There are the Oceanic 6 (Kate, Jack, Hurley, Sayid, V?, VI?), plus Jack stated on the witness stand that there were 8 survivors. I wonder what the story is that they have to repeat to the press, once they get back to civilization.
What I think they're telling everyone is that everyone died but eight people when the plane crashed. 2 of those however ended up dying.

The ending creeped me out. I was thinking the whole time it was Sawyers baby. I guess Aarons mom (forgot her name) didn't make it off the island or died.

Jack doesn't want anything to do with Kate's baby because...

A) He thinks it's Sawyer's...

B) He found out that He and Claire are half Brother/Sister and knows that if he got with Kate he'd be raising his nephew as his son. lol.

And does Aaron count as one of the Oceanic 6? I mean technically he was on the plane...right?
Good question.

When I first read your post, I was thinking to myself he thinks it's Sawyer's. Coupled with the fact that he said he didn't mean what he said onthe stand (not loving her). So, maybe it just hurts him to know that she had a baby with him.

But then I was thinking some more, and how does Aaron get off the island without Jack knowing? I mean, we have to assume they all made it back together. Soif that's the case, Jack can't think it's Sawyers...

Originally Posted by ijapino

Jack doesn't want anything to do with Kate's baby because...

A) He thinks it's Sawyer's...

B) He found out that He and Claire are half Brother/Sister and knows that if he got with Kate he'd be raising his nephew as his son. lol.

And does Aaron count as one of the Oceanic 6? I mean technically he was on the plane...right?

A. Yes and No

B. No,
laugh.gif

No Aaron doesn't count.

the psychic in the first season tells claire she MUST be the one to raise the child. no one else can. which is why he gives her the ticket. "the child is important and needs her goodness" or something kate raising it is probably bad news.
Which is why in the flash forwards, it's all kinds of bad.

Jack becoming a drunk wanting to go back. Hugo knowing he has to go back via Charlie. Sayied having to do what he does to 'protect' everyone. So,with Kate raising Aaron, yeah, it probably is bad news.

They weren't meant to get off the island, IMO. Well, not in the sense that the flash forwards suggest anyway.

There's gotta be another way/resolution..

since nobody's mentioned it...why is kate portrayed as being such a good person in the flashforwards? is it just because jack doesnt want to see his boo get locked up so he can go back to the island and why are the rest of the oceanic 6 backing that story up? in the scene after kate makes the plea bargain jack says hes told that story so many times hes starting to believe it himself. did the oceanic 6 not want to see her get locked up or is she protecting them from something the rest of them might have done to get off the island
Because she faced all those charges, and her mother was going to testify against her about her confessing.

The only defense was to portray Kate as somebody of good character and not capable of doing the things she did.

That's why Jack made up half the story about her being a hero.

The real question is, was her Mom REALLY sick and couldn't testify?

Or was it the powers that be that prevented her to testify?

Because in the negotiation part about her possible plea bargain, the prosecutor wanted her to not leave the state for 10 years.

Her attorney was opposed. Why? ...

So would I be right in assuming that we learn about how the time travel thing works next week. That has to be what the crew on the helicopter is headed for.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

So would I be right in assuming that we learn about how the time travel thing works next week. That has to be what the crew on the helicopter is headed for.
Here's some q/a chat with the producers:

CARLTON CUSE: If we were sitting down with you right now, and there hadn't been a strike, we would be in the middle of writing the finale. The entire season would have been done and the audience would have only seen two or three episodes. Now, we actually have an opportunity to react and adjust to how people are feeling about everything.

CUSE: We want the audience to believe that is THE future. We don't want people thinking, ''Well, since there are five iterations of this, I'm not going to invest in what's happening to the characters.''

LINDELOF: We're not going to tell you that we're against bending the time-space continuum. We are very for it. Carlton and I are PRO time-space continuum bending! But we're ANTI-paradox. Paradox creates issues. In Heroes, Masi Oka's character travels back from the future to say, ''You must prevent New York from being destroyed.'' But if they prevent New York from being destroyed, Masi Oka can never travel back from the future to warn you, because Future Hiro no longer exists. Right? So when we start having those conversations at Lost, we go, ''This show is already confusing enough as it is.'' To actually have characters traveling through time has to be handled very deftly.

CUSE: For example, the fifth episode of the season [airing next week] deals with time travel and operates in different time periods. It was a tough story to break. But we adhere to our rule: no paradox.

LINDELOF: You haven't seen your last station. But the larger mythos, like ''The Purge'' - that's more season 5.

CUSE: We showed the Orchid video orientation film at Comic-Con - that is important for this season.

Someone at my office wants an answer to this question: Wasn't it just a little too convenient for Penny to be calling the Island at the exact same moment Charlie killed the dampening field in the season finale?

LINDELOF: Good question. Here's how we always thought of that: What we always imagined was that Penny has an auto dialer in the bedroom of her house and in various places that is constantly sending some sort of transmission to the coordinates that were revealed at the end of season 2. So when Charlie turned off the dampening field, her auto caller indicated that her call could go through.

Now that they have a satellite phone, why doesn't Desmond just call Penny?

LINDELOF: Lapidus explains the rules of the satellite phone and what calls it can and can't make in episode 5.

The Sayid episode established that Ben's got this list of bad people that need executing. What can you say about these people?

CUSE: We'll know by the end of the season that there will be two alternative explanations for why Oceanic 815 is in the trench at the bottom of the ocean. It will not be clear which story one should believe. [To be clear, Cuse is saying the mystery of Ben's list is linked to this wreckage.]

LINDELOF: Both stories will be presented and both stories will have legitimate facts presented on their behalves.

CUSE: The act of taking a plane, filling it with dead bodies and putting it at the bottom of the ocean connotes a group that is pretty freakin' powerful. You should be worried about the people involved in either scenario capable of doing something like that.

LINDELOF: We cannot say that any of that stuff in ''Find 815'' is in canon.

CUSE: The mobisodes are in canon. The Orchid video is in canon. The videogame is not in canon. It's unfair for the audience to go to ancillary sources in order to really understand the show. Even the things like the mobisodes, which are in canon, aren't essential to your understanding of the show. These things are just added bonuses.

I know MILES wants to get paid, but what I mean is whoever chose the team chose Miles, likely in relation to Jacob. This means whoever hired the team knowsabout Jacob.

franchise3, thanks for posting that interview. I feel like I'm really going to like next week's episode. It's week 5 next week, right?

Yep, it should be good too.

I mean, it's a Desmond based episode I believe if it deals with tim.

Desmond ftw

It was a good enough episode. I'm guessing Jack hasn't found out that Claire is his sister?
from the way Kate talked to Jack at the end of the episode....it seems like Claire must have told her though right? does Claire even know?

SMH @ Locke continuing to allow Ben to get under his skin.

Miles is such a shady dude. I say it's only a matter of time before he gets deaded.

I agree that a lot of the episode felt filler-like, but I was satisifed with what was revealed at the end.

Cool fact I read on Lostpedia for this episode :

• Shawn Doyle previously worked with Elizabeth Mitchell in the film "Frequency". The film involved time travel where Doyle's character, a serial killer named Jack Shepard, is prevented from killing Mitchell's character.
FYI - Shawn Doyle = Kate's lawyer
Elizabeth Mitchell = Juliet

right before Kate arrives at Hurley and Sawyers house in last nights episode Hurley puts on a tape of the old tv show Xanadu.

the theme song begins and plays in the backgorund during the scene when Kate is in the house.

watching the show last night i thought i heard so interesting lyrics in the song.

did some research and found the lyrics.

crazy.

[Intro]
Xanadu
Xanadu

Love isn't easy when it's too far away
You need a lot of faith and dedication
I don't have that problem, I see you everyday
An hour filled with hope and inspiration...

[Chorus x 2]
Xanadu, I've been waiting my whole life
For a chance to meet a girl just like you
And I believe it's gonna be you and me
If you will get to know me too...

I love all about you, but you don't know who I am
Sure is a complicated situation
So what if I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming I am your man
And we wake up in a real life conversation...

[Chorus x 2]

I feel in love with a girl on TV
She captivates me On reality TV

She's looking at me but she cannot see me.
I hope she will be more than a fantasy....

[Chorus x 2]

I fell in love with a girl on TV
She captivates me On reality

Originally Posted by mheftman

right before Kate arrives at Hurley and Sawyers house in last nights episode Hurley puts on a tape of the old tv show Xanadu.

the theme song begins and plays in the backgorund during the scene when Kate is in the house.

watching the show last night i thought i heard so interesting lyrics in the song.

did some research and found the lyrics.

crazy.

[Intro]
Xanadu
Xanadu

Love isn't easy when it's too far away
You need a lot of faith and dedication
I don't have that problem, I see you everyday
An hour filled with hope and inspiration...

[Chorus x 2]
Xanadu, I've been waiting my whole life
For a chance to meet a girl just like you
And I believe it's gonna be you and me
If you will get to know me too...

I love all about you, but you don't know who I am
Sure is a complicated situation
So what if I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming I am your man
And we wake up in a real life conversation...

[Chorus x 2]

I feel in love with a girl on TV
She captivates me On reality TV

She's looking at me but she cannot see me.
I hope she will be more than a fantasy....

[Chorus x 2]

I fell in love with a girl on TV
She captivates me On reality

good job

oh no.
you guys found the reason i have my SN
i'm screwed now
smile.gif

when i made this name i had no idea there was a show.
how bad WAS that show?

Did anyone notice how Kate's mom told her that she had been giving 4 months to live time and time again. Do you think while Kate's on the island hermom stays alive and when she comes home ( the flash forward) her moms 4 months finally run out.

And I too think Jack thinks its sawyers baby and since he still loves her he doesnt even want to take a chance to see the baby.

How the baby got off the island might be a secret, Kate and Claire were roommates, so maybe they talked about something.

what up xanadu?? been a while man.
and Xanadu was a movie. Olivia Newton-John.
but if I remember correct, it was REAL bad.
and back to Lost. I've only got 4 of the Oceanic 6
Jack
Kate
Sayid
Hurley
and someone said Aaron doesn't count.
who am I missing?

-J-

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

I'm kinda upset I have to wait til' season 5 for the answers to the questions I want to know.

It was obvious that Daniel expected to know the cards as they were turned over, yet he seemed to have trouble remembering. And then rather ominously, he got one wrong. And just before he began guessing, Charlotte uses the word 'time'. What's this all mean?

It means that the time anomaly isn't the only thing going on with the island. In all likelihood, the island is also slipping dimensionally. No, this isn't what most people want to hear. But it's what I'm pretty sure is happening.

I think those cards were exactly as Daniel remembered them when they were turned face down. But when they were turned up, they were different. Why? Because things are constantly CHANGING. Things have always been changing… most people have just been too stubborn to admit it. This began right at the start of season two, when the furnishings in Desmond's Swan Hatch began morphing from scene to scene. It continued into season three, when stuff would appear out of nowhere and the entire contents of Ben's fridge would rearrange themselves in the blink of an eye. The producers have said it - I've said it - it shouldn't take Jin in a yellow chicken suit to tell you that "Everything's going to change".

nerd.gif

Parallel universe? That's what I've been thinking.

The island may be a dimension unto itself therefore it can slip between one universe and another.

That would explain Jacob's cabin and how it suddenly appears and disappears. In one universe Jacob's cabin exists, in others it doesn't. So when the island slips between dimensions sometimes it hits a dimension where the cabin exists and sometimes it doesn't.

That plea bargain raised an eyebrow though. Not leave the state? Is the prosecutor part of the company? Is the company really a gov't agency? MaybeDharma is a gov't initiative and has been used as a cover all these years to divert attention from the real experimentation of the island;inter-dimensional travel.

I think Ben was once part of the company but went rogue at one point. He obviously has access to a lot of money so there may be other ex-company rogues outthere that help him but who live outside of the island.

Back
Top Bottom