*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

i hate this damn thread
i came in here to post about what i just saw
and now i accidentally read spoilers. %@#%!!!

but dud jus show bens daughter like nothing

I'm pretty sure the Doc thing had to do with the time difference between the island and the rest of the world. Daniel didn't want to explain it to Jackin the beginning of the episode (he always avoids the time issue). Perhaps the Doc is still alive on the ship because of the time difference, where the ship isin the past?? So he dies in the future, which would be present time on the island? Does this make sense? Might not be the exact explination but I'm sure ithas to do with the time because of Daniel's reaction...

eek.gif
this episode was crazy.

anyone notice when ben went to widmores they only showed the left side of his face and only the right side of widmores the whole time

Episode was wild
eek.gif
best of the season so far.

Ben is a g
pimp.gif
He's got to be the most manipulative person on television ever. I love his character.

nyc mentioned something about the wierd beginning of the episode...

When Ben wakes up in the desert, his jacket has the Orchid station symbol on it. The Orchid station has been speculated to involve teleportation. And where didBen wake up? The same place as that polar bear that Charlotte found.
eek.gif
Someone on another board pointed out the jacket. My eyes aren't that good.

When Ben wakes up in the desert, his jacket has the Orchid station symbol on it. The Orchid station has been speculated to involve teleportation. And where did Ben wake up? The same place as that polar bear that Charlotte found.

03a353b1ef47f23f7dc65e2120da218b5f077a7.jpg

Damn good episode..had my emotions going like this
devil.gif
tongue.gif
(kate in the beginning)
eek.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Sayid busting the COD4 Sidearm kill w/ the silencer
pimp.gif

kinda off-topic but my co-worker looks like an asian version of Alex (Ben's Daughter)

I also noticed that he said that he wasn't "allowed" to kill Widmore...What's stopping him? I'm guessing there's some higher power that even Ben and Widmore can't control...I mean, Why wouldn't he kill Widmore if given the chance?
Perhaps off the island he or they can't be killed?? Like with Jack and Michael..
Could be...

But I thought that only applied to people who still had "work to do" on the island...People who were gonnahelp the island not fall into the wrong hands...

I don't think the island would wanna protect Widmore from dying since it seems like he wants to use the island for an evil purpose.

Edit - Speaking of Widmore, (and I could be way off) But after watching the episode again, It seems as if he's speaking in an Aussie accent this timeinstead of the usual British accent. I remember he had a British accent in all his past appearances...Why the fake accent? I even went back and watched someold eps to compare....But I been up all night typin' this paper, So I'm unsure...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I also thought it was interesting how he said he started sleeping with a bottle of scotch when "the nightmaresstarted".

When Widmore asked "are you here to kill me"
i don't think Ben said he wasn't allowed, he said
some %+#@ like "you know i can't do that" and to me
that meant widmore couldn't be killed. so yeah,
that seems significant.

someone needs to kill charlotte already.
she's new but i hate her already. ugly %#%+$.

wonder what's gonna be wrong with jack?

great episode
pimp.gif

I wish I had screencaps for this, but anyway:

Look at Ben when Alex got shot, look at his face and clothes... not really dirty or messy, just sweaty... then look at his face when he walks out of the hiddendoor(s)... covered in soot/dirt... they also focused on his hands a few times when he came out... covered... I'm wondering what he was doing behind thatwall... and how much time elapsed while he was there...

Overall I thought this was the best episode we've seen in a long time, maybe even the best yet. Alex getting shot was a huge surprise, and I'm startingto believe that as manipulative and conniving as Ben is, he isn't the enemy or evil character we thought he was...

Originally Posted by I Wear Sneakers

When Widmore asked "are you here to kill me"
i don't think Ben said he wasn't allowed, he said
some %+#@ like "you know i can't do that" and to me
that meant widmore couldn't be killed. so yeah,
that seems significant.

someone needs to kill charlotte already.
she's new but i hate her already. ugly %#%+$.

wonder what's gonna be wrong with jack?

great episode
pimp.gif

ben doesn't kill people, at least he hasn't since the initial purge i dont think.

he "tried" to kill locke, but we see how well that turned out
he usually gets other people to do the dirty work for him, case in point he andmichaels discussion over the communications system on the freighter in the episode previous to this one.

edit: i take it back, i forgot he kills those dudes at the start of the episode
it obviously has something to do with their connection to the island, oh well

Amazing episode!

A quote I found interesting:

Hurley: "Australia is the key to the whole game"

I also wondered why Ben didn't just kill Widmore in his hotel. Then I remembered how when Michael tried killing himself off the island...he couldn't.His gun wouldn't fire. Maybe Widmore has this same ability since the island was once his. Also...did anybody else get there hopes up when Claire said"Charlie?" after she awakened after her house blew up?

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

I also wondered why Ben didn't just kill Widmore in his hotel. Then I remembered how when Michael tried killing himself off the island...he couldn't. His gun wouldn't fire. Maybe Widmore has this same ability since the island was once his. Also...did anybody else get there hopes up when Claire said "Charlie?" after she awakened after her house blew up?

apparently there was a dream sequence that was filmed for this episode that was cut due to time constraints, i'd imagine it had something to do withcharlie.

Originally Posted by Tman90

Amazing episode!

i agree!! that short scene of them playing Risk (or a similar game), and Hurley saying what he said, was QUITE ironic.

where is nycknicks when we need him!? I need his input!!!

and is there any significance in Jack's illness (appendicitis maybe, since he was holding his side)...

crazy episode indeed... don't even know where to begin...

Originally Posted by Tman90

Amazing episode!

laugh.gif
I didn't even think about it like that. When I heard Hurleysay that, the first thing that popped in my head was, "No, idiot. North America is the key piece of land to winning the game."

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

I wish I had screencaps for this, but anyway:

Look at Ben when Alex got shot, look at his face and clothes... not really dirty or messy, just sweaty... then look at his face when he walks out of the hidden door(s)... covered in soot/dirt... they also focused on his hands a few times when he came out... covered... I'm wondering what he was doing behind that wall... and how much time elapsed while he was there...

Overall I thought this was the best episode we've seen in a long time, maybe even the best yet. Alex getting shot was a huge surprise, and I'm starting to believe that as manipulative and conniving as Ben is, he isn't the enemy or evil character we thought he was...

YUP! same thing I was thinking. Like he ran into the back room semi clean. Then comes out dirty like a mother %%!%%+.

I'm starting to believe that as manipulative and conniving as Ben is, he isn't the enemy or evil character we thought he was...

I don't think Ben is a good guy. I think it's just a coincidence that his goals coincide with the Losties's. I mean, you're talking abouta man who purged a whole group of people, including his dad lol. Ben is a good guy to have on your team though.

Originally Posted by amel223

I'm starting to believe that as manipulative and conniving as Ben is, he isn't the enemy or evil character we thought he was...

I don't think Ben is a good guy. I think it's just a coincidence that his goals coincide with the Losties's. I mean, you're talking about a man who purged a whole group of people, including his dad lol. Ben is a good guy to have on your team though.

!$#% he would be my 1st pick if we was playing any team game...............the man holds ALL the cards when it comes to that island.........so with thatsaid you cant beat ben on his home field
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

i wonder if Ben went to the Future right after his daughter got shot, and then came back to the past?

Back
Top Bottom