*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

haha yea jblack you confused me even more with that
laugh.gif

so is Abbadon that black smoke since it means destroyer?

Originally Posted by Gothams Terror

haha yea jblack you confused me even more with that
laugh.gif

so is Abbadon that black smoke since it means destroyer?

my guess is that abbadon is a symbol for the smoke, and locke's question he asked ben has something to do with him.

i'm so confused right now.

Others argue that is a mistaken view since the angel "Abaddon" possesses the keys to the Abyss into which Satan is hurled or imprisoned, indicating that he serves as Satan's "jailer" and must therefore be someone else.
I'll go with this. Abaddon has access to the Abyss, which is the island. And evil is imprisoned there, which is currently taking the form ofBen.

NYC, got a question for you. Since I don't want to spoil anything on this thread, I'll PM you something.

Seriously... I mean... SERIOUSLY...

... YOU GUYS... are on a WHHHOOOOOLLLLLEEEEE different level.
laugh.gif
I am seriously amazed at how much sense y'all make of the things I don't evenrealize until reading your conversations.

Like, I felt proud of myself for thinking, "Hmmmm... so now Jack and Kate are 'The Others', surrounding folks with hidden gun-wieldingfriends." But you guys...
eek.gif
!!!

P.S. I have completely forgotten who Christian is. Help?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Seriously... I mean... SERIOUSLY...

... YOU GUYS... are on a WHHHOOOOOLLLLLEEEEE different level.
laugh.gif
I am seriously amazed at how much sense y'all make of the things I don't even realize until reading your conversations.

Like, I felt proud of myself for thinking, "Hmmmm... so now Jack and Kate are 'The Others', surrounding folks with hidden gun-wielding friends." But you guys...
eek.gif
!!!

ohwell.gif

For some reason all of past seasons I was barely into looking at the deep stuff only watching the show a talking a bit of the episode in the NT thread, butfor some reason this season I've really been in the ask questions and look for hidden things kind of thing. I have no clue why.

Frank the drunken pilot was already supposed to be on the island. Fate swapped places with his friend Seth, but his connection is most evident. Putting him in command of that chopper might well have been the only way for them to find the island (or metaphorically, to let the island find them).
I should've figured that out earlier. The pilot was destined for the island exactly the same way Eko was destined for the island.... Sothat's what nycknicks was hinting at?
In my 'theory of everything' I stated my belief that LOST will culminate in some kind of end event, meaning that something is 'supposed to happen' (or not happen) and that the consciousness of the island has been manipulating people toward achieving that end goal.
This is similar to what me and flatbushfiyah were talking about. I still think there's a single, special destiny and the only way it can beachieved is with all these special happenings. This may be related to the end of the universe and the existence of only one path that doesn't lead to theend of the world.

For some reason my instincts is telling me to focus on Abbadon.

Your instincts? Is that a hint?
nerd.gif

I haven't really figured out Abbadon in any way. I would think he's a Dharma guy, but he seems to be of the same ilk as Ms. Hawkins and the psychic who talked with Claire. You know, the people who scare me the most on the show. They're creepy. They know more than Dharma ever did and they act to get people to the island. Former survivors maybe? How are they connected to Jack's father, Penny's father, Locke's father, and Sun's father? Who controls who? I tend to think that these creepy people are the ones controlling the rich fathers, not the other way around. They gave them wealth in exchange for their children.... I don't know.

ohwell.gif

Seriously... I mean seriously....

Didn't you ask the same question last season? Or was it about another character?
tongue.gif

For some reason all of past seasons I was barely into looking at the deep stuff only watching the show a talking a bit of the episode in the NT thread, but for some reason this season I've really been in the ask questions and look for hidden things kind of thing. I have no clue why.
Because of me.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

This is similar to what me and flatbushfiyah were talking about. I still think there's a single, special destiny and the only way it can be achieved is with all these special happenings. This may be related to the end of the universe and the existence of only one path that doesn't lead to the end of the world.
Well put.

For some reason my instincts is telling me to focus on Abbadon.
whywesteppin:
Your instincts? Is that a hint?
nerd.gif

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. "Your instincts? Alright, I'm paying attention to this Abaddon guy now."
whywesteppin:
ohwell.gif

Seriously... I mean seriously....

Didn't you ask the same question last season? Or was it about another character?
tongue.gif

I probably did, Because they never say this fool's name!
laugh.gif

And because I freaking suck at names. Even in real life. I'm terrible at names.
embarassed.gif

[h2]http://tvoholic.com/news/more-episodes-for-lost-season-4/[/h2]
[h2]More Episodes For Lost Season 4 ?[/h2]
By fred | February 9, 2008

lost00.jpg
As you probably head, rumors are out that a deal is being worked out between WGA and AMPTP and that the strike could be resolved soon. If both sides can agree on a first contract, people could go back to work even before the final deal is actually signed.

Of course, every Lost fan is then asking himself, what does that mean for the show ? This season was originally supposed to be, as every remaining seasons for the show, made out of 16 episodes. But before the strike only half of them could be completed, and ABC started to air those. But if the strike was to end soon - the hope is that an announcement of resolution could came out on Monday, and the deadline for this to be possible would be February 15 - there could be hope for a "full" season !

Should the strike come to an end rapidly, Lost is expected to go back into production as soon as possible, with the goal to shoot 4 to 6 episodes of the remaining 8 originally planned, said Lost very own Matthew Fox recently. Though they would likely not be airing right after episode 8 (last one completed so far) of the season, they would be on ABC's schedule around April or May and bring season 4 to 12 to 14 episodes.

There are no official statement from anyone, and it is not known whether the original plan for the second half of the season would simply be shrunk down to 6 episodes, or if (major) adjustments would be made. Either way, needless to say that more episodes is by definition a great news, and it would also allow writers to end the season and actually give us a season finale, something that was not done, obviously, in episode 8.

In such a case, it is likely that next season would be expended from 16 to 18 (or 20) episodes, so that the total number of episodes of the series wouldn't be affected.

So now the strike really had to end this week-end, because we really need more Lost, and more importantly we really need a season that ends with an actual season finale !

And if you are wondering about the future of other shows, be sure to check out the list I compiled of when shows might be returning if the strike was resolved soon.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Good news!! I am glad to hear that the total # of remaining eps for the entire show will not be affected and they will stay on course.

im late as hell
laugh.gif

but my theory is that the island is in that one place the lady found the polar bear in
smile.gif

and that every time something happens in the island it ''happens in earth'' in the past

thats why the bear was all fossilized and the lady already knew about it...

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

but my theory is that the island is in that one place the lady found the polar bear in
smile.gif

and that every time something happens in the island it ''happens in earth'' in the past

Same theory that my girl seems to think.... It'd be crazy for that to happen but at the moment I'm leaning more towards Dharma being around aloooooong time. Who knows though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

im late as hell
laugh.gif

smile.gif

Are there any other examples of a situation like that in the show? I cant think of one. Interesting theory but I have to see or recall more examples.

^Hmm the interesting thing with the lady (Charlotte) and the bear is how she knew exactly where to dig and was not shocked at all about Dharma. So I guess itsfair to say she had already made the connection. Its just weird she knew EXACTLY where to find the remains.

What do you guys think about this post from USAToday:

Apologies if this is a repeat comment: what if what we saw for the new Fantastic Four Freighties were not flashbacks, but instead flash-forwards for after they got off the island?
Think about it: Faraday (brilliant acting BTW) is at home and crying when he sees the wreckage on tv but doesn't know why. And why was he wearing a tie on the island?

Charlotte looks at the newspaper upon arriving at the dig ("How many times are you going to read about it? When are you going to believe the plane was actually found?" says her guide). Then she finds the polar bear. If the Dharma initiative is really so secret, then how would she even know WHAT to look for, let alone WHERE to look for it? Unless she had been to the island. And the polar bear fossil? Weird.

Lapidus sees the wreckage on tv and claims he should have been piloting that plane. He didn't exactly look like pilot material and I'm sure Oceanic has facial hair policies, so I'm guessing that the wreckage was found "x" months after the actual crash (does anybody know how long it was)? Could it be that he wasn't actually scheduled to fly the plane, but he thinks he was since he had already been to the island?

Miles is in Inglewood, CA doing his exorcism. There's no connection to the plane crash that I recall in his flash. But Inglewood is a mostly black suburb adjacent to Los Angeles (about 10 minutes from LAX to be exact). In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Inglewood was the location of the funeral home visited by Jack in the S3 finale. Could it be that Miles is the one in the coffin?

The theory above has some holes, but it's no more or less plausible than thinking Locke died and came back to life or that Christian Shephard is alive and well and sitting in a rocking chair in a constantly relocating spirit cabin!

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

What do you guys think about this post from USAToday:

Apologies if this is a repeat comment: what if what we saw for the new Fantastic Four Freighties were not flashbacks, but instead flash-forwards for after they got off the island?
Think about it: Faraday (brilliant acting BTW) is at home and crying when he sees the wreckage on tv but doesn't know why. And why was he wearing a tie on the island?

Charlotte looks at the newspaper upon arriving at the dig ("How many times are you going to read about it? When are you going to believe the plane was actually found?" says her guide). Then she finds the polar bear. If the Dharma initiative is really so secret, then how would she even know WHAT to look for, let alone WHERE to look for it? Unless she had been to the island. And the polar bear fossil? Weird.

Lapidus sees the wreckage on tv and claims he should have been piloting that plane. He didn't exactly look like pilot material and I'm sure Oceanic has facial hair policies, so I'm guessing that the wreckage was found "x" months after the actual crash (does anybody know how long it was)? Could it be that he wasn't actually scheduled to fly the plane, but he thinks he was since he had already been to the island?

Miles is in Inglewood, CA doing his exorcism. There's no connection to the plane crash that I recall in his flash. But Inglewood is a mostly black suburb adjacent to Los Angeles (about 10 minutes from LAX to be exact). In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Inglewood was the location of the funeral home visited by Jack in the S3 finale. Could it be that Miles is the one in the coffin?

The theory above has some holes, but it's no more or less plausible than thinking Locke died and came back to life or that Christian Shephard is alive and well and sitting in a rocking chair in a constantly relocating spirit cabin!

The scene with Naomi and that shady dude kill this theory. Also, before Miles got out of his car, it was on the radio that all passengers that were onflight 815 were confirmed dead. So if this was all a flash forward, and hearing the news of the crash being reported made Faraday cry, why did it seem tohave no effect on Miles??

^Yeah dude is right. Naomi meeting the Shady dude to organize the search kills that theory. If your organizing and putting together a team there is no way thatcould be a flash forward.

eko,micheal,abbadon, all from oz/hbo? my theory is that this show is a prequel to OZ
laugh.gif

hence all the wizard of "oz" refrences
smokin.gif

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom