Official LOST thread - gone to NT heaven

This could be a long post....

Quote:
I think alot of you guys have caught the obvious that Naomi was not good. However, I think the link people are missing here is Widmore. Widmore is connected to Dharma and yes I think they want to find the island and get rid of the Losties. Here is why the Widmore connection is pretty obvious: We all know that Penny didnt like her dad and how he treated Desmond. Her mission to find Desmond is completely funded on her own and not by Widmore. Widmore however is connected to Dharma and is trying to find the island and kill the inhabitants. Therefore Widmore sent Naomi to locate the island. I am sure some of you are probably wondering why she had a picture of Penny then. I think what is important is that she needed that picture to find Desmond so he could know what he looked like not necessarily to make Desmond believe that she was working with Penny. Widmore/Dharma is probably aware that since Desmond was "missing" that he may have found the island and he was their link to the island. Naomi needed to report to her people (Widmore) that Desmond was indeed on "THE ISLAND". Thats my theory heading into Season 4. I think Widmore will play a huge role in the upcoming season and so will Desmond.
FlatbushFiyah23igotdemkickz21justhotkicks), I found Naomi to be a little strange from the beginning. If you land on an island in the middle of nowhere and see survivors of a plane crash with no survivors living as a community, wouldn't you be extremely unnerved?

There's definitely something going on between Hanso, Mittlework, Widmore, and Dharma, and Naomi is working for one of them. For the reasons you gave, I agree that it's most likely Widmore & Dharma (and I think Hanso is opposed to it).

Quote:
Interesting point nycknicks brings up about the flash forwards for jack being "Desmond like". I think their is a big clue in that :D
happy.gif
:wink:
wink.gif

It all ties to the same thing. People not dying or coming back from the dead, inconsistencies in flashbacks, and the overall weirdness of the Jack flashforward -- think about it. (I haven't figured it out completely yet though.)

Quote:
This is my 1st post in here...although I've lurked in this thread since the beginning of it.
Oh and after the finale, on the abc 7 news here in LA, they were interviewing Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, and they mention that Arron, Claire's son, is the only recent child born on the island since Alex, and that this is important/they will be exploring that in the upcoming seasons...
Blikestro, welcome to the thread.

If you think about it, these births and island arrivals are spaced 1 generation apart. Generation 1: Ben is born and comes with Dharma to the island. Generation 2: Alex is born and Rousseau comes to the island. Generation 3: Aaron is born and the Losties come to the island. Generation 4: ?

Quote:
I don't think we can assume the real world is all
fine and happy when the Losties get back. The golden
ticket is probably more like a tool to silence what
has happened. And Jack had to meet Kate secretively,
which could mean Kate is still on the run (or assumed
dead by the rest of the world.)

Quote:
At the end when Jack's talking to Kate that he's tired of lying...
What is he lying about? the death of the other survivors that was in his hands?
dekthaiHUSTLIN ON YOUfranchise3, the theory you posted could explain what I'm saying 2 paragraphs up. It makes sense that Jack had to leave people behind on the island and maybe he had to do some other immoral things and as a result he became depressed, but I think there's more to it than that. His depression upon returning to the real world is the exact opposite of Locke's joy upon awakening on the island.

Quote:
That was for takin the kid off the raft. :lol:
laugh.gif
s singing "Y'all everybody" to cover up that he was talking with Desmond.

Quote:
So....are we keeping this thread alive for 8 months???......or will we start a new one when season 4 comes around??

If we can keep it alive till the Yuku move, then I think it'll get transferred there and it won't fall off. I'll be rewatching episodes are I'll keep posting here occasionally. Or ska could just put this in the archives.

Quote:
We need to re-examine the exchange between Jack and Kate at the very end.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Me fail english? Thats unpossible. ~Ralph Wiggum
4L8O15S16T23!42​

most of you now believe Ben is telling the truth. :smh:
smh.gif

i ain't going there.
Ben is evil. period. he manipulates everything. period.

Each of the losties were brought to the island to serve a specific role, which will culminate to bring the Dharma Initative back to the island.

We just learned that Charlie, a musician, was brought to the island to disable the jamming device, which was programmed by a musician.

Ben said that if Jack makes contact with the ship, then everyone on the island will die.
The old lady in the jewelry store tells Desmond that if he doesn't go to the island and push the button and crash the plane, then 'we all die'.
I believe the old lady. The Dharma Initative must be reestablished in order to save the world.

Penny's communication with the Looking Glass suggests that she is at a facility that is the 'off island' counterpart to the looking glass.

while reading some of the post I have these questions

1. Are the kids that the Others took still on the Island?

2. Is Ben really Alex's father? Could it be Jack's dad?

3. WWS you said about different generations bring ppl to the Island...Generation 4: Sun's baby is born and the ppl Jack call come to the Island?
Team Pistons
We got the best kicks in the League
OLSM #1 in Michigan MSU 4L8O15S16T23!42

Quote:
btw, does anyone think that Jack's ex-wife being pregnant is yet another significant pregnancy?
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
In FIVE I trust​

^^ vector23, great point about Charlie being brought to the island cause he's a musician.

I don't know what to believe anymore. But I don't think Ben is an omniscient and all-powerful as I once thought he was. Jacob is running the show, mostly.

Quote:
3. WWS you said about different generations bring ppl to the Island...Generation 4: Sun's baby is born and the ppl Jack call come to the Island?

That was generation 3 (Claire's baby, Sun's baby, Walt, etc.).

Quote:
Yes. Because nothing is insignificant. Why go through the effort to make her pregnant if it isn't going to come up again? We already knew she had another man and had moved on.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
Yes. Because nothing is insignificant. Why go through the effort to make her pregnant if it isn't going to come up again? We already knew she had another man and had moved on.
Comparesarahlovers.JPG
245px-Mister_eko.jpg
4L8O15S16T23!42
TEAMNEWYORKMETS
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch
"You know what? I would love to buy you a fresh set of underwear." - Michael Scott​

Quote:
btw, the newspaper that Jack reads on the plane in the opening scene is from April 5, 2007

WWS is that right? cause that would support the idea that time moves slower on the island.
Quote:
But I don't think Ben is an omniscient and all-powerful as I once thought he was. Jacob is running the show, mostly.
brainwash him. Well, the brainwashing was done on the second island, and it consisted of slogans, images, and music of Jacob. Could Jacob be another of Ben's lies.

Quote:
Could Jacob be another of Ben's lies?

Could be, considering none of the other Others have ever seen him.

Quote:
WWS is that right? cause that would support the idea that time moves slower on the island.
4L8O15S16T23!42
TEAMNEWYORKMETS
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch
"You know what? I would love to buy you a fresh set of underwear." - Michael Scott​

When Charlie talks to Penny, she says, "How did you get this frequency?"

So we know the "incoming transmission" was from her, but why was she so surprised to get contact on that channel?

As for Jack's ex, I did some detective work and found this (from wikipedia's article on Julie Bowen, the actress who plays Jack's ex):

Quote:
Bowen is the middle child of three sisters. Her older sister, Molly Luetkemeyer, is an interior designer who has appeared on Clean Sweep, and her younger sister, Annie Luetkemeyer, is a doctor at UCSF in the HIV/AIDS Division. Bowen married Scott Phillips in September 2004. They welcomed their first child, Oliver Mclanahan Phillips, on April 10, 2007.

Given that the newspaper Jack reads is taken from April 5, 2007, it's very likely that they filmed the L.A. scenes from the finale the week that Susan gave birth to her real child.

Now, whether or not the writer's will tie this in to the show later on, who knows.

edit:

Quote:
www.latimes.com/entertain...3291.story :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
at the same time. Someone needs to look into this.

Quote:
Jacob is held captive. that's how i interpreted the whole encounter with Jacob. WAIT. has it been established that Jacob exists??
WWS, Remember the scene where alex and ben are talking and Ben said she betrayed him. Alex then says that he locked Carl in a cage and tried to brainwash him. Well, the brainwashing was done on the second island, and it consisted of slogans, images, and music of Jacob. Could Jacob be another of Ben's lies.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
Given that the newspaper Jack reads is taken from April 5, 2007, it's very likely that they filmed the L.A. scenes from the finale the week that Susan gave birth to her real child.

Now, whether or not the writer's will tie this in to the show later on, who knows.

Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
In FIVE I trust​

I did a search on the LA Times archive and I couldn't find anything matching the newspaper clipping that Jack has, so I guess Lost made that prop on their own.

edit: BIGGEST CLUE OF ALL ( :lol:
laugh.gif
taking oxycodone.

Don't you see, don't you see what is happening? Lost is going to turn us all into post-island Jack. We are a mess. We made a mistake. We shouldn't have 8 months without Lost. We have to go back. We have to keep watching Lost.

TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
What's more, , is that I don't think any of this newspaper stuff is important.

yeah, u probably right.
but like they say, the devil's in the details.
Quote:
Good point. But we saw a flash of Jacob and Locke heard him, so I think he's real.

i guess, but could it have been another projection by the black smoke? i say this because, walt appears to locke. i think its a projection by the black smoke. but Locke preceives it as jacob. But really it is Ben telling him to kill Naomi through the black smoke. confusing, but it all depends if Jacob is real.

Quote:
Don't you see, don't you see what is happening? Lost is going to turn us all into post-island Jack. We are a mess. We made a mistake. We shouldn't have 8 months without Lost. We have to go back. We have to keep watching Lost.
hey, this might cause your lost dreams to become nightmares. lol

I liked the episode up until the ending.

Unique characters like Charlie, Michael, Shannon, Boone, Eko and Ana Lucia were what made this show great. These new ones Mikhail and Juliet bring nothing to the show. I understand you have to kil some characters, but lost kills too many. By the end of the series I bet the only originals left living will be Jack, Kate and Hurley, and thats a bad thing.

TEAMRaptors#29
>Go Raps<
VC is a baby

Quote:
hey, this might cause your lost dreams to become nightmares. lol
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
This wasn't a flash forward necessarily...but a flash - less - backwarrds. I'm sure that i'm reading too much into this (you never know with Lost though), but check the logic:

Jack's full beard on the supposed flashforward was jet black...yet, if you look at his stubble on the island, he had large amounts of grey hairs. So, unless he's self conscious and dyes his beard, which based on the first 3 seasons, he doesn't appear to be, then the flash forward can't take place after being on the island.

i used to read word up magazine...
BUY MY BMP's SIZE 10 and 10.5 FOR CHEAP!!!!!!

lost has reminded me of donnie darko sometimes. plane crashes, fast forwards, the book Watership Down that saywer reads, God, when the world will end, metal health, man with eye stabbed out (mural/frank).
my child i watched you grow up to be famous and now i smile like a proud dad watching his only son that made it

Quote:
Ben said that if Jack makes contact with the ship, then everyone on the island will die.
The old lady in the jewelry store tells Desmond that if he doesn't go to the island and push the button and crash the plane, then 'we all die'.
I believe the old lady. The Dharma Initative must be reestablished in order to save the world.

Well then wouldn't that mean you believe Ben? I know
I can regret saying it, but I believe Ben. I think the Others
are just not as bad as they seem. They're probably there
for a very good reason.

I'm guessing next season could focus much more on
Dharma, since the first two have covered the Losties
and the Others. I still think the Others are special and
connected to the island, whereas Dharma is just scientifically
involved and exploiting the island. But that doesn't mean
Dharma doesn't also have good intentions. I mean... they're
supposedly trying to save the world by doing something
here on the island.

I want to know what is actually going on with Locke. How
does Walt simply tell him "No, your legs are fine", and all
of a sudden he can walk. Him, Mikhail, Richard, Desmond
just continually confuse me.

Nyknicks' comment about the "flash forward"... was
that it's Desmond-like (Btw, don't confirm or deny any
of this!)... I'm guessing it means the future is not written
in stone. Desmond is able to alter events to prevent
something from happening.... and I don't see why it's
not possible Jack can somehow how similar gifts.

Quote:
FlatbushFiyah23 (and also to igotdemkickz21 and justhotkicks), I found Naomi to be a little strange from the beginning. If you land on an island in the middle of nowhere and see survivors of a plane crash with no survivors living as a community, wouldn't you be extremely unnerved?
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
isn't that the same dude that took care of Locke, during Rehab
:lol:
laugh.gif

oh btw...do you even know what you're talking about? Get the hell out here with your 15 yr old self...

...SAN DIEGO CHARGERS...
21 85 17 41 56 95 93 76 73 20

4L8O15S16T23! 42

I heard somewhere that the 4 toe statue will be addressed in season 4. :wow:
eek.gif
"Sriracha is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizzas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicious, spicy taste."

Back
Top Bottom