Official LOST thread - gone to NT heaven

Quote:
wednesday nights are going to be lonley.
:pimp:
pimp.gif
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
In FIVE I trust​

i read this on craigslist:

the island is a portal to heaven or hell which opens every 108 minutes at different places on Earth.

this might have made sense in season 2. but with the hatch blown up, i doubt it. kinda interesting though.

Quote:
And there were a couple of you guys on here that was playing like you weren't surprised that the flashback was really a flash forward. Just admit that you were surprised like the rest of us. I know I was.
Real eyes realize real lies!

Did anyone else think the voice that Jack was talking to over the "phone" device when they were getting rescued, actually sounded like the Army guy who spoke with Sayid and dropped him off on the side of the road many episodes ago? The guy has grey hair and a grey beard.
Midway upon the journey of my life, I found myself within a forest dark, For the straightforward pathway had been lost.
The Divine Comedy- Dante Alighieri-(1265-1321)​

^ def. not the same guy's from the end of season 2. judging from their accent.
When my mother was pregnant with me they did an ultrasound and found she was having twins. When they did another ultrasound a few weeks later they discovered that I had reabsorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No. I believe his tissue has made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little one.

Quote:
Did anyone else think the voice that Jack was talking to over the "phone" device when they were getting rescued, actually sounded like the Army guy who spoke with Sayid and dropped him off on the side of the road many episodes ago? The guy has grey hair and a grey beard.

couldnt be. the guy ur talking about is dead. he was the one in the hatch when desmond got there and desmond killed him in a fight.
<br>email me: [email protected]<br>or aim: y0fallback

Much Respected, I'll admit I didn't notice the cell phone, but even if I did it wouldn't have been out of the question to chalk it up to a production error.

I remember from an earlier episode that someone noticed a discrepancy in the clocks in between shots and had immediately jumped to the conclusion that there was some kind of time warp going on or something of that nature. Then some other niketalker posted and revealed that it was more likely than not a production error. It could've easily been the case with the cell phone. Any links drawn immediately between a flash forward and a cell phone is more a case of overzealous fans looking too deeply into something and had just happened to be right rather than sharp perception. It's just a case of hypervigilance on your part. And as for the beard, you're acting like someone can't choose to grow beards at different stages of their lives. Could it not be plausible to assume that it might've been a flashback from Jack's past that we might not have got to yet?

Please, spare me the 'you lose' statements. It was never a competition to begin with.
4815162342​
Extremely salty fan. DieSpursDie​

I got this idea off another forum (word to Da Joka). Hear me out:

I think a few of us are planning to get through the Great Lost Depression of the next 8 months by rewatching old episodes. So why not coordinate things? We can loosely follow a schedule and try to watch episodes at the same time (i.e. within the same week).

I was thinking we'd try to do 2 episodes per week, and we'd set Wednesday as the target day since that is when we'd normally be watching Lost anyway. So we'd cover 2 episodes each Wednesday (although it'd be fine to watch the episodes on any other day). There are 69 (24+23+22) episodes total, and, given the new season will probably start February 6, there are 36 Wednesday till then. Plus, the season 2 and 3 finales were 2 hours each, so those could get their own day. So 2 episodes per week should work. Pilot parts 1 & 2 would be on for May 30.

The other idea is that we could have a "theory du jour" each week. It would be based on each episode and could just be a small theory based on something specific in the episode. Given we now have 3 seasons of info, it'll be easier to discredit theories.

Who's with me? If it's only me, then screw you guys :tongue:
tongue.gif
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Me fail english? Thats unpossible. ~Ralph Wiggum
4L8O15S16T23!42​

^^^Spoilers should start appearing around August or September when they begin taping again. Plus we've got our insider who may be able to hook us up with script spoilers early....."wink wink"
4L8O15S16T23!42
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton BranchDwight Schrute:Ryan Howard: I don't think you realize what you're saying.

Quote:
I too will grow a beard. At the rate that it is growing as of now it will take at least 3 years to have it Jack style.

Thanks for the support, SalviBoy7. I've never let my beard grow for more than a week, and, based on the limited stubble I got, I'd say it would also take me 3 years to grow out a beard.... But I already shaved.....

Quote:
Cindy was an OTHER before she got to the island if you think about.

I don't think she was. She was a Flight 815 survivor and she was kidnapped and brainwashed just like the kids.

Quote:
After this episode, there is only one question that persists in my mind. It takes precedence over all others: why is it important for them to go back? It will be interesting to see what the answer is.

That's a very good question and I've been thinking about it too.

If you rewatch the Pilot episode (I think the 2nd one when Charlie, Kate, and Jack try to save the pilot and then Jack gets separated from Charlie and Kate and the monster comes), Kate tells Charlie, "We have to go back." This is a common theme (i.e. when Kate tells Sawyer they have to go back for Jack after the Others have let them go), and I wonder if it might be telling us something about why Jack wants to go back to the island. Maybe he wants to go back to rescue some Losties? Or maybe to rescue the world?

Another common theme is Jack being called a hero, and this happens for multiple reasons.

amel223, about the cell phone, you argue that they could both be production errors (the clocks and the cell phone). But no one revealed that the clocks were a production error. They just argued that it could have been one.... So why not consider the alternate hypothesis? That the producers know what they were doing, which is why they used a modern cell phone in the "flashforward" as a clue and thus clocks may also be a clue.

Quote:
Or we can place bets on how long Traveler lasts. I''m thinking no more than 3 episodes.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
^^^Spoilers should start appearing around August or September when they begin taping again. Plus we've got our insider who may be able to hook us up with script spoilers early....."wink wink"
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
4L8O15S16T23!42​

^^^^You should take an in depth look at the Lost experience (if you haven't already). Learn about the Hanso foundation and the corrupt Mittlework. Read "Bad Twin." I thought it was a good read. Lots of little clues about the Widmore Corp and Hanso Foundation. Remember, as the story goes....the Widmore Corporation tried everything they could to stop the book from being released.
4L8O15S16T23!42
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton BranchDwight Schrute:Ryan Howard: I don't think you realize what you're saying.

^ I've seen parts of the Lost experience. I'll try to go through everything this summer at some point.

As for the book "Bad Twin," I heard it wasn't Lost canon (except for maybe some of the broad themes) and that it wasn't well-written. Have you read it?

TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Yeah, I read it. It was the manuscript Sawyer was reading on the beach. The producers and writers are the ones behind it. They supposedly got a "very well known" writer who is a huge fan of the show to write it. I has all kinds of little easter eggs. The book's cover has a LOST symbol on it. The little synopsis inside the cover says that Gary Troup was one of the passengers of Fligh 815 and that this was his final manuscript.

And the LOST experience is just freaky. The Hanso foundation pages had hidden parts in them that had to be found by viewing the root code on the screen. There were drawings that Michael did in season 1 hidden in the background of certain pages. It was really strange. You find out that Alvar Hanso is actually not that bad of a guy, a philanthropist, if you will. However, his second in command, Thomas Mittlewerk, is downright corrupt.
4L8O15S16T23!42

Can anyone explain to me what the Lost Experience is? Is it something the producers created or what?
A religion disguised as a joke disguised as a religion

Drive > Traveler.
Gosh I hate FOX i can only imagine the fate of LOST if it would of ended in the hands FOX.

whywesteppin you should make all attempts to discard of all razor blades. Any attempt to purchase any will result in having a cheeseburger served to you inside an aquarium.

She was a flight attendant but with LOST you never know.

I have yet to buy seasons 1 and 2 lol.

I tried to follow the LOST Experience but it was just to extensive to much to do and so many loopholes.
When my mother was pregnant with me they did an ultrasound and found she was having twins. When they did another ultrasound a few weeks later they discovered that I had reabsorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No. I believe his tissue has made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little one.

Quote:
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
WWS your devotion to the show is unparalleled

Thanks, I think. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
Another similarity between Jack's & Desmond's respective off-the-island experiences:
When Desmond is going to buy the ring, the mysterious woman tells him he's "not supposed to marry Penny"
Locke looks strangely at Jack and tells him he's not supposed to call for the freighter

Nice observation. There are a lot of parallels like this throughout Lost. Who knows if it's just for stylistic purposes or if it has deeper meaning, though.

Quote:
Drive > Traveler.
Gosh I hate FOX i can only imagine the fate of LOST if it would of ended in the hands FOX.

whywesteppin you should make all attempts to discard of all razor blades. Any attempt to purchase any will result in having a cheeseburger served to you inside an aquarium.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
Another similarity between Jack's & Desmond's respective off-the-island experiences: When Desmond is going to buy the ring, the mysterious woman tells him he's "not supposed to marry Penny" Locke looks strangely at Jack and tells him he's not supposed to call for the freighter
supposedsupposed
...TEAM RAPTORS !
CH-CH-CHEAAAAAAAAAAAA !

I was about the bump the thread for Wednesday's episode, until I realized...there will be no new episode.

I've yet to rewatch the season finale; this weekend was just too hectic (3 BBQ's, 2 nights with the ladyfriend).

I'm thinking of starting over at season one, watching an episode every Wednesday. Maybe we can pick some things up to help us out (the scenes involving Jack seeing his father are important).
4L8O15S16T23!42​
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"You know what? I would love to buy you a fresh set of underwear." - Michael Scott​

Quote:
Great episode. Loved everything. The only gripe I've had with this episode was the fact that Sawyer killed Tom in cold blood. He surrendered and he disobeyed a direct order from Ben and spared Jin's, Sayid's, and that other dude's life.
Word to ya moms. I came to drop bombs.

Back
Top Bottom