**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

The second statement isn't an opinion, by the way.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

#owned

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

The second statement isn't an opinion, by the way.

Strictly speaking, no. It isn't (unless he changes his mind about it, which would no longer make it a fact). That's not what I'm referring to though.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

I repeat, this album will not turn out well, and Ima huge Lu fan, but this will be his worse piece of work.

Sad to say i might be agreeing with this.

I like Words I Never Said.  But when i can understand everything in a lupe song on the first listen....something is wrong lol.  Show goes on isn't very deep either, but i was always feeling I'm Beaming.

I have a feeling this will fill my void.  The i need new Lupe music void.  But i don't think this will touch F&L and The Cool.  Should hold me over untill F&L 2 though.
I might actually agree on that, although these are only 3 tracks so far we've heard. And they aren't bad lyrically, although like you said not as deep.
I still find new things in Dumb it down for example....

Hope he comes up with a good album.

Been listening to Lupe since Kick Push but once I found out about him I tried to get my hands on every mixtape and single released. He just puts out pure quality as opposed to other artists out there nowadays. F&L was amazing and I agree maybe some fans were expecting The Cool to have the same type of flow as F&L but I enjoyed The Cool a lot. I'm really looking forward to LASERS too.

Im just excited excited for that Beautiful Lasers CDQ when he performed that live in Los Angeles last year i got the chills. Most of the tracklist he has performed live over the year and i must say its better than the cool and personally i loved the cool, if he would have left a few tracks off that album (go baby, hi definition and maybe, gotta eat) that album is a classic

Originally Posted by Flight8403

Im just excited excited for that Beautiful Lasers CDQ when he performed that live in Los Angeles last year i got the chills. Most of the tracklist he has performed live over the year and i must say its better than the cool and personally i loved the cool, if he would have left a few tracks off that album (go baby, hi definition and maybe, gotta eat) that album is a classic

FIXED
wink.gif

Lasers is going to be weak in comparison to lupes previous endeavors, because the suits forced him to make radio friendly pop songs....but they still are amazing. my expectations is that it wont be as good as his first 2 albums, but will still be AMAZING compared to the horse**** that floods ears. and to think that F&L II is already complete and waiting to be released, and that his 3 disc LupEND collection is possibly still going to be completed is fine by me

That HAM freestyle was an actual freestyle, and you could tell.

You know, off the top of the head with nothing written? I'd like to see any other rapper do better, and I'm not talking about a pre-written "freestyle" that 99% of all rappers do nowadays. 

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

That HAM freestyle was an actual freestyle, and you could tell.

You know, off the top of the head with nothing written? I'd like to see any other rapper do better, and I'm not talking about a pre-written "freestyle" that 99% of all rappers do nowadays. 

I could be wrong but Cole says he spit off the dome on I Really Mean It... pretty good is thats true.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I'm a huge Lupe fan and that Ham freestyle was awful
Joint put me to sleep.
Really?
How you have this kind of word play on a freestyle

"I wish i could close my ears to this racket
i ain't having it
i tennis while you been it
I stay on it
I strong as popeye on some spinach"

Tennis-Tend This, come on

"See my brain just flows
and see just how i goes
cause im from chicago
you can cut it out and scratch it
or black it or baste it or send it through the stainer
but please don't waste it"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He impresses me more and more.  When you watch interviews and people put him on the spot to rap. He literally just says o...ok lets do it.  And rhymes circles around 90% of rappers just messing around.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Not his worldplay, just sounded like he was talking over the beat. No flow at all.

Hard to have cadence and flow when you are thinking of the words as you say them.

But i agree sounding a little raekwon lazy.

roll.gif

Just opinion of course, but these NT dudes crack me up. If a rapper isn't using an Eminem double-time flow on a track it's "garbage"? This was EASILY better than the basura freestyle Busta put out over the same beat. Were you fools LISTENING to what dude was spittin'? But no, if Lupe isn't rapping 500000000000000 words a second it's trash. HILARIOUS
roll.gif

*Jay-Z* Y'all put words together, JUST TO MATCH *Jay-Z*

Back
Top Bottom