**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Noskey

Only songs I like are 'Words I Never Said,' 'The Show Goes On,' 'All Black Everything' and 'Beautiful Lasers.' Everything else seems mailed in. That trash with Trey Songz should have been aborted. Along with 'I dont wanna care right now.' Just terrible, wack **! songs.
THIS
 My exact sentiments.  My biggest gripe with the album was the songs that just were horrible.  I would have put up with mediocrity but there are songs on this album that are down right un-listenable.  And lupe is my fav artist out.
Yea man,He should've kept songs like "I'm Beamin","Solar Midnite" and "Ressurection" and switched them with some of the garbage songs on the album and it would've been a solid album with most of the songs being pretty good instead of what it is now 
30t6p3b.gif
. Is it him or Atlantic that removed those songs from the album?
I;m holding out hope that those songs are gonna show up on F&L2 or a would-be-historical-mixtape.

Just finish listening to Lasers.. To everybody complaining that it is too soft..

# Love Always Shines Everytime Remember2 Smile # is the title.. what were you expecting?

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Just finish listening to Lasers.. To everybody complaining that it is too soft..

# Love Always Shines Everytime Remember2 Smile # is the title.. what were you expecting?
What?!
laugh.gif

I don't know about everyone else but I was expecting good music and thats it. 

I don't care this is a Lupe Album always fan never a hater any lupe material is good material, been listing to lupe since he rapping like camron on some gun click clack steez. Copped the album, and its official

eek.gif
@ him contemplating suicide over the dispute between him and Atlantic

I never knew that it was that bad
30t6p3b.gif

Listen i don't want to offend lupe fans in the this discussion and im definetely not a troll. I just want to state that i believe in a weird way that lupe is a double agent. I honestly believe that the whole pushing his album back and all is an ingenious marketing ploy in order for you to empathize with lupe and feel compelled to buy his album. I seen him talking to whoo kid bout the illuminati and all and the ironic thing is that lupe had a skull and bones hat on but you can faintly see it. I'm not trying to dillute this discussion with conspiracy rhetoric but i just felt i would share what im thinking in a broad generalization just so i am not losing your attention with explicit detail.

Originally Posted by Swagger2Much4You

I just want to state that i believe in a weird way that lupe is a double agent. I honestly believe that the whole pushing his album back and all is an ingenious marketing ploy in order for you to empathize with lupe and feel compelled to buy his album.

No no no. We're in here talkin bout buying F&L or The Cool, not this wack %+@ album that just released. Some people bought it, that's cool cause they didnt listen beforehand or are stans. But damn near all of us who ripped it and got an early taste passed on it in protest of Atlantic. We do empathize with him though, but it's not an excuse to crumble and flip on your morals just to get an album released, as many have stated.

Not even gonna touch on the 'double agent' talk.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

I don't care this is a Lupe Album always fan never a hater any lupe material is good material, been listing to lupe since he rapping like camron on some gun click clack steez. Copped the album, and its official

why must u stan?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

why must u stan?
Why does he have to be a stan cause he likes the album? I don't get it

Sometimes I think NT host the most foolish people. The only reason everybody hates this album is because the first person who commented on it didn't like it. I honestly don't see what's the problem with Lasers, It's not to say it doesn't have that conscious material his others had. His lyrics maybe more bare than the other 2, but I think the music and thought into the songs speak louder than the lyrics behind it.

But what do I know, somebody's probably going to call me a stan, tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

He's been speaking a lot about his depression lately... Glad eveything worked out for him ok. That's why Beautiful Lasers holds such a deep meaning behind it.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Sometimes I think NT host the most foolish people. The only reason everybody hates this album is because the first person who commented on it didn't like it.

Naw, man.
I don't care what NT thinks. This album is BAD. 

Everyone on here likes Based God, but you couldn't pay me to listen to him. I'm my own man.

Honestly, I prefer F&L Lu, but the album is solid. To me, it seems like most of these songs are the radio hits he never really had. I also feel like he was forced to dumb down, in turn, he dumbed down, but he mocked the hell out of the "radio rappers" almost to a point where it's like, " Eff it, I'll dumb down slightly, but I'm still gonna prove I'm ill. I'm going to prove I can be as good of a radio as 'them' and I'm gonna do it better than them"

I don't know though.

I didn't trip off it until my boy told me that he sounded like he was mocking Flo Rida on number 4

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Sometimes I think NT host the most foolish people. The only reason everybody hates this album is because the first person who commented on it didn't like it.

Naw, man.
I don't care what NT thinks. This album is BAD. 

Everyone on here likes Based God, but you couldn't pay me to listen to him. I'm my own man.

This is the realest #+%+ ever posted on NT. It applies to the General and Music section, I don't know about the others like S&T.
I developed this "Snowball Sheep" theory several years ago and have been testing it on the Music Forum. 100% of the time it happens. 

No matter the quality of what you post if one of the first replies is disdain for your post, the rest will be. If it's a laughing emoticon, the rest will be.

Highly Effective if a member with e-fame starts it. 

This album ain't good or bad. It's just very average. 

Wack & boring. We all know he can do way better but don't ever release some garbage like this again...record label issues or not

No you over analyzing buffoons. That theory i have thought of but for other threads, like the kanye west thread. This album is just terrible, plain and simple, i listened to it 5 times, and was equally disgusted at the majority of the album. It just sounds like you guys are in denial for whatever reason. You dont have to try to like it, lupe has said he dosnt care now what others think how he makes his albums. 

Why does he have to be a stan cause he likes the album? I don't get it

Sometimes I think NT host the most foolish people. The only reason everybody hates this album is because the first person who commented on it didn't like it. I honestly don't see what's the problem with Lasers, It's not to say it doesn't have that conscious material his others had. His lyrics maybe more bare than the other 2, but I think the music and thought into the songs speak louder than the lyrics behind it.

But what do I know, somebody's probably going to call me a stan, tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

n121391_citizen%20kane%20clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom