**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Lupe's tweets for the past few hours have got me concerned but specifically this:
Lupe Fiasco ‏@LupeFiasco
This album will probably be my last...its been a pleasure to have all my fans provide so much love an inspiration for me and my family
I say good riddance.

Lupe's tweets for the past few hours have got me concerned but specifically this:

Chief Keef is a punk for going off like that too. Wasulu was just speaking truth and Keef is frontin. Weak sauce.
What did he say?
lu..

keef..

Chief Keef is lame and I hope Lupe doesn't retire early because of ignorant dudes like CK. Lupe needs to just keep it moving and do what he does best...you can't save everyone.

^ im with you .....good riddance , lupe is talented but instead of fighting for the art he 

sits back and doesnt put up a fight . he just strikes me a condescending 

and yuppity , he takes the support his fans give him to the head

Hate to see things go down like this |I

I understand where Lupe is coming from, especially taking into consideration his past of hating the music industry & being all about peace in general. I'd hate to see him retire though :\

How many rappers that say they're retiring actually retire?

Jay-Z's retired like what...4 times already?

American Terrorist II. I think this song is excellent. It it really sums up Lupes reasoning for wanting to leave the game.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Last edited:
Dude if you hold Lupe discography to just lasers, then you really missed a lot. Food and Liquor and The Cool were both flawless bodies of work.

That's troubling he's calling it quits, he's one of hip hop's last true activists.
Thats the thing lasers actually pisses on his previous work. Didn't he say he "wouldn't dumb down nothing" then he goes and makes dumbed down trash like lasers lmao. Lupe markets himself as real but is one of the biggest frauds in the game.

American Terrorist II sounds really good... I've been looking forward to hearing that track for awhile (especially since he dropped part 3 first). It just sucks that the only reason we're getting it is because of the retirement.

I was reading all his tweets and I honestly can't blame him. He said he will move to literature which is his other love.

So at least we can still hear what he has to say. But some times i feel like no one really appreciates what dude is trying to do. Obviously Chief Keef doesn't. He is the most popular musician i can think of that is putting out socially conscious music (gross generalization but feel free to put others. But everything i hear on the radio is nikki drake ross wayne big sean titty boi kanye). He is trying to uplift and its just going no where.

Honestly I don't care
I was the biggest Lupe fan up until Lasers, his music doesn't resonate with me anymore.
He's too concerned with crying in the media and being a drama queen when he should just put all that energy in his music.
The **** is a Chief Keef? Lupe is the same dude that outrapped Jay Z on his debut album.
I'll still check for F&L II but Lupe's career is overall a disappointment, he could have been one of the greatest to ever touch a mic.

are we sure American terrorist 2 is not gonna be on the sept 25th album?

Im not listening to it if it is.

American Terrorist II sounds really good... I've been looking forward to hearing that track for awhile (especially since he dropped part 3 first). It just sucks that the only reason we're getting it is because of the retirement.

For real. I can't wait for this album to come out, Everything we've heard so far is so dope. I'm hoping for maybe just a hiatus, or an independent/ indie type thing. The game needs him to bad for him to just get up and leave.

Lupe can't retire. He still has 2 albums left on his contract with Atlantic. A hiatus maybe, but they're not gonna let him just retire without fulfilling his contract. He'll be back. And besides, we all know how big of a drama queen Lupe can be. He may feel a certain way now, but he'll come to his senses eventually.

Last edited:
Dude..... Lupe just said he was gonna drop another album QUICK after FNL2.... now he want's to retire? Why?

And I'm pretty sure he said before he wanted to.

Oh.... nice dub step american terrorist 2..... :x

Lupe might be acting like a bit of a drama queen. He has before.

But it's not just over Chief Keef dissing him on Twitter

It's because he's tired of all the senseless violence (especially in Chicago) and violent music that promotes it

He says he wants to stop all of that... he's tired of it, he even cried on MTV about seeing vids of the friends he lost... and Chief Keef does it anyway and attacks him for it. So he's just fed up that rappers will always be acting this way, promoting violence, basically inciting stuff like all the violence in Chicago, etc.

Back
Top Bottom