**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

I don't know why so many of you are eating this album up. Some of you just are blinded and bias.
He's become a major politicians and can't talk about anything without sounding bitter or angry. I understand he's always had that edge and politics to him but it's over the top now and bleeding far too much into his music.
Listening to the album lots of tracks are skippable, or don't have a replay feel to them. I'm not finished with the album yet but so far I only really dig about two or three tracks. This is a far cry from F&L 1 and The Cool.

Ummmmm maybe its because he ACTUALLY ANGRY homie isnt rapping it to sound educated he's rapping because you can tell he's thoroughly pissed off and frustrated with the direction that the world is going. and i dont blame hime

I think people got caught up in the fact that this wouldn't be like Lasers and because of it have rated it higher than it should be. Listened to it once and won't bother giving it another spin. Most of the album is skippable and its because of the content. Unlike F&L 1 and The Cool, Lupe was creative with his lyrics, but on this it just feels like he's preaching on a soapbox in the booth.

when i saw lupe live at college thats exactly when i stopped messing with him.

people came for a concert and he wouldn't shut the **** up. was talking for like 5 minutes in between every song about **** no one wanted to hear.

if all you're going to do is talk politics and social problems and not bring any entertainment, you'll eventually be tuned out. not that there isn't a time and place to say what needs to be said. i think he did it wonderfully well with bad *****.

Was nervous about listening to this but this album is definitely :smokin :smokin :smokin

I don't know what more y'all want from Lupe.

Gotta give it a few more listens tho.

I usually HATE radio friendly songs, but I'm kinda diggin Battle Scars >D

Cold War and Unforgivable Youth are pretty good too. Am I the only one not feeling Hood Now?

Form Follows Function is sooooooo :smokin

How Dare You is a complete left over from Lasers along with a few others :smh:

Last edited:
I think Unforgivable Youth is such an incredible song. I'm not sure how to explain the vibe from the beat but its :smokin and the lyrics are great.

So I just gave in and downloaded the album.

I am really feeling this album, it definitely has replay value and best believe it will be all I'm listening to for awhile.

Also I'm excited to pickup the album on Tuesday and the album signing with Wasulu in the flesh on Wednesday!

I don't know why so many of you are eating this album up. Some of you just are blinded and bias.
He's become a major politicians and can't talk about anything without sounding bitter or angry. I understand he's always had that edge and politics to him but it's over the top now and bleeding far too much into his music.
Listening to the album lots of tracks are skippable, or don't have a replay feel to them. I'm not finished with the album yet but so far I only really dig about two or three tracks. This is a far cry from F&L 1 and The Cool.

Ummmmm maybe its because he ACTUALLY ANGRY homie isnt rapping it to sound educated he's rapping because you can tell he's thoroughly pissed off and frustrated with the direction that the world is going. and i dont blame hime

Have to agree, this is not F&L or The Cool, Lupe's jumped over the bridge. Although a much better album than Lasers I don't know if I like the direction Lupe's heading in. Too much preaching.

I think Unforgivable Youth is such an incredible song. I'm not sure how to explain the vibe from the beat but its :smokin and the lyrics are great.

just listened to this a few times. great song. the story really builds

"You'll starve but never die. In a world of hungry ghosts"

just listened to this a few times. great song. the story really builds
"You'll starve but never die. In a world of hungry ghosts"

I finally grasped pretty much every world in this track and all I can say is wow :wow:

This song is just so good, the hook is a little poppy but other than that... the beat, the lyrics, the story, and the concept... :smokin

I finally grasped pretty much every world in this track and all I can say is wow :wow:
This song is just so good, the hook is a little poppy but other than that... the beat, the lyrics, the story, and the concept... :smokin

I sorta put my finger on the vibe of the song. The background vocals sound Native American which fits the lyrics of the song.

I think the reason why it works so well with me is cause it sounds like I'm going on a field trip in elementary school or something

in Cold War lupe talks about the funeral of michael young

cold world....cool world

"Hoping God forgives us for our tendencies
Wipes away our cool young histories"
:smokin

Last edited:
in Cold War lupe talks about the funeral of michael young

cold world....cool world

"Hoping God forgives us for our tendencies
Wipes away our cool young histories"
:smokin

I caught that, Lu throwin that in :pimp:

I feel like Unforgivable Youth is this album's "The Cool" from the OG album, such a dope concept, imagery, beat, everything

Not sure if I wanna buy this. I'm sure it will be :smokin lyrically, but I'm not trying to hear him get all preachy.

Son's tweets lately have been annoying as hell. :smh:

Downloaded it....and its :smokin :smokin so far (7 songs in)....gonna buy it on iTunes tomorrow too, honestly this album and good kid in a m.A.A.d city are gonna be the only albums I'm gonna buy in the foreseeable future...such a breath of fresh air compared to Lasers, much less poppy and he still delivers lyrically (though I don't agree with some of his tangents its still excellent) :smokin

Back
Top Bottom