OFFICIAL MADDEN 2010 THREAD VOL. JUST GOT MY COPY! *Scene Heads* Will be online tonight!!!!

4 more months
pimp.gif

As long as Franchise is better and they actually put some effort into Superstar mode I'll be good.

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by travman24

2k sports > ea sports period. Haven't owned Madden since Vick was on the cover. Rarely even played a game of Madden. Miss football so I might cop this years. Who's on the cover?
Wrong. Ever since Take-Two took over all there sports games except NBA 2K has gone to crap. All-Pro football was horrible, Don King was horrible, NFL 2k is crap compare to EA's NHL games, MLB 2k has been straight trash for the past two years and they lost both there NCAA licenses. On top of that the ruined the Top Spin series and stop making Links golf games.
NFL 2K was never crap
tired.gif
You sound like a true EA fanboy
tired.gif
I never said NFL 2K was crap, All-Pro Football 2k8 was crap. Sega was going 2K games (those where great) until they sold it to Take Two interactive after 2K5 was out. Read before you name call man.

All-Pro Football 2k8 was NOT crap
indifferent.gif

lol yes it was
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by travman24

2k sports > ea sports period. Haven't owned Madden since Vick was on the cover. Rarely even played a game of Madden. Miss football so I might cop this years. Who's on the cover?
Wrong. Ever since Take-Two took over all there sports games except NBA 2K has gone to crap. All-Pro football was horrible, Don King was horrible, NFL 2k is crap compare to EA's NHL games, MLB 2k has been straight trash for the past two years and they lost both there NCAA licenses. On top of that the ruined the Top Spin series and stop making Links golf games.
NFL 2K was never crap
tired.gif
You sound like a true EA fanboy
tired.gif
I never said NFL 2K was crap, All-Pro Football 2k8 was crap. Sega was going 2K games (those where great) until they sold it to Take Two interactive after 2K5 was out. Read before you name call man.

All-Pro Football 2k8 was NOT crap
indifferent.gif

lol yes it was
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yea it was. Jet you know your stuff, but your wrong about this. And Iknow football I've played (high school) and that game is still wack.

Wait? So theres really a rating on the qb throwing on the run? that would be dope! and to bad theres no rating for who has the most heart or intensity
tired.gif

Don't know if this was asked already but,
Is this version being developed for 360 then ported to ps3 (like last years, I believe)?

*edit= or was that just Madden 08?

Things to know: Madden 10 via espn.com LINK

(Cliff notes at bottom)
laugh.gif

1. For the first time in series history, when the ball hits the ground, it doesn't just go to the guy who randomly touches it. In"Madden NFL 10," players will pile on the ball, and gamers will need to pound the button that is shown on the screen to try to wrestle away the rock.As the button commands change on the screen, the ball can switch hands numerous times until the refs actually dig through the bodies and declare a winner.

2. "Madden NFL 10" introduces a new technology system called Pro-Tak. The biggest addition this advanced technology bringscomes in the form of gang tackles. In "Madden NFL 10," up to nine-man gang tackles can take place (up from three in last year's edition), andthey can be played out in any fashion, as in eight defenders versus the runner, or even four offensive players trying to push four defensive players as theytry to move the pile toward the first down. On some plays, the running back gets stood up by a couple of defenders and pushed back to the point where the refson the field blow the whistle even though he never went down. And on the goal line, if a runner looks to be stopped before reaching pay dirt, you will even seeoffensive linemen try to hit the pile to help push the ball into the end zone. It's all based on size, strength and the number of guys in the pile.

3. One of the toughest aspects of playing quarterback in Madden (or real life) is trying to look down the field during a heavy pass rush.You're trying to spot the open man while at the same time watching the pocket collapse around you and looking for someplace to run. "Madden NFL10" introduces a new quarterback avoidance system that should go a long way toward helping solve this issue. "When I play the game, I have a hardtime looking in two places at the same time," Frazier said. "My eyes want to look at the receiver, but then you also have four or five defenderstrying to sack your quarterback. It's a tricky situation when you're trying to throw a pass. So now, when your quarterback is under pressure, yourcontroller will actually start to rumble. And now, when you feel that pressure, you feel that rumble, you can flick the right stick and do an automaticavoidance move. You don't have to think too hard, you just flick the stick, and he'll try to avoid whatever pressure is there. And it isdirection-sensitive, so if you press to the right, he'll try to move to the right. And hopefully that avoidance will give you that extra second you need inorder to get the pass off."And this is all based on player ratings, so if you have a guy like Ben Roethlisberger, you hit the QB-avoidance stick, and heis going to break out of more of those situations than the average quarterback. But the goal is to give most players that extra second to get off that pass,and while that extra second or third attempt might not work for everybody, we typically want people to have success. When they hit that stick during pressure,they will typically have success the first time, but if you keep holding the ball and try to hit the stick a second or even a third time, it's going to betricky."

4. When I first heard that EA Sports was adding the Wildcat formation to the game this year, the first emotion I felt was panic. Ifanything will break the game this year and become the most overused formation at the Madden Challenge, the Wildcat is it. Not to worry, Frazier promised."I understand the concern, and if we were adding it as a part of downloadable content or something after the fact where we didn't have the time to fixthe AI [artificial intelligence] to go with it, then the Wildcat could be a real problem. But the fact that we're adding it during our developmental cycleand we have a chance to take a look at those AI issues that you're concerned about, I don't think it's going to be a problem. "Just aswe're adding the Wildcat, we're also making sure our defenses are ready for the Wildcat. Just as you saw with the Dolphins, they had great earlysuccess with it. Ronnie Brown was putting up huge numbers with it. But then throughout the season, teams started to adjust and they figured out ways to stopit. We had to program that same logic into our defense as well, so you don't see the same five-touchdown performance out of the Wildcat like the Dolphinshad early on. "We have a guy by the name of Anthony White, and he does all our playbooks. He is kind of a playbook hobbyist and he buys coaching books,coaching schemes, and he tries to get his hands on black-market copies of playbooks. All he does is watch NFL tape and read playbooks, and he really nailed theWildcat."

5. The more I talk to players, the more I realize how important these video game ratings really are. These numbers are talked about inthe locker rooms and even on the practice field. When somebody misses a block, guys will joke about how his rating just dropped five points. But nothing hasprepared the NFL for what's about to happen with "Madden NFL 10." The producers of the game have decided to create a bigger gap in the ratingsbetween the elite players and those who ride the pine. That means that although quarterbacks such as Peyton Manning still strut around with a 99 overallrating, backups such as Matt Leinart can only watch as their overall rating drops from a 85 to a 62. Ouch. "Quite frankly, we were getting to a point inthe game where elite players just felt like every other player in the game," Frazier said. "Brandon Jacobs, who is just a beast, wasn't able tobreak that many more tackles than the average running back because almost all of the ratings ended up between 80 and 99. "Our intention this year was tomake the elite players stand out. We're pretty sure a lot of players are going to be extremely unhappy about this, but the result is, there are a lot ofguys who are coming down in ratings across the board. Every single rating is being adjusted. The elite guys, they're safe. Peyton Manning, Randy Moss,Larry Fitzgerald, guys like that are going to be saved. But the average guy is certainly going to come down. Guys in the 70s are now average. You may even seesome guys in the 40s. "And the game-play impact is absolutely huge. Now the teams actually feel like they have a personality. When you're playing as ateam like the 49ers who don't have that elite quarterback, you're going to have a hard time throwing the ball. It's going to feel like you have aproblem at that position, and that's a great change."

6. One look at the new screens of "Madden NFL 10" tells you the differences are almost too many to count. "Green gloves inSeattle, all the new jerseys that have been announced, Super Bowl patches for the players -- it's all about authenticity," Frazier said."We're even looking into fixing Troy Polamalu's hair. Little things like that, we're really trying to bring home. We want everything you seeon Sunday to be seen in 'Madden NFL 10.' "If you see a kicker warming up on the sideline, that's the type of detail we want you to see inMadden as well. All those details, from little things like the right stripes on uniforms to the kickers warming up, that's what you're going to see inthe game. We've also slowed the game down a bit this year, and when people first hear that, they don't understand what that really means, but I thinkthat now, it just feels right. When you're running the ball, you can see the holes and you have time to react and hit those holes. When you're going toturn upfield, you actually need to plant your foot and turn upfield. You can't just turn on a dime. There's no more Mario running. I just think thegame is really starting to feel like an NFL simulation should feel, and that's really what I'm most proud of. "And as much as it would be fun toHit Stick the referees, I don't think our league insiders over at the NFL would be too pleased. Although we did plan to have an achievement in the game ifyou were able to play an entire game of Madden without knocking over an official. But it's so hard to do, we had to take it out. But no, you can't HitStick them, and even when you run into them in the game, they won't stop your progress, you just knock them over and keep going. "This year, the focuswas just getting the officials on the field. We've never had seven officials on the field before as in the old days, we only had five. So we have moreofficials on the field, and we're running at 60 frames per second. Maybe in the future you'll be able to knock their hats off with passes or somethinglike that, but we're not quite there just yet. "And here's the thing, we're not even showing everything about the game just yet. This is justa taste. We have some pretty big online features that will appeal to both competitive gamers and cooperative gamers, we have a lot more presentation featuresto come, as well as new Dynasty features. "Everything I just told you, that's only really scratching the surface."

Cliff Notes:
1. New Dog Pile feature, by pressing necessary buttons (should be on screen) ball can change possession until refs clear the pile
2. New "PRO-TAK" technology, gang tackles, and pile pushes by offensive players.
3. New QB avoidance technology, Control will rumble when pressure is coming, flick of the right stick will engage in a avoidance move by QB
4. Addition of the Wildcat offense, it will not be completely unstoppable. Defenses created to whether the style.
5. Player rating drop off. Back ups will see significant rating drops. Added to set the elite apart from the average. *EX. Matt Leinart 2009 Rating: 85 2010:62
ohwell.gif

6. More attention to detail ( full officiating crew on field) and plenty more to come including new dynasty mode and online features to suit competetive andcooperative gamers.

Found a vid. on Youtube of the team ratings for Madden 10.

Some fro the top of my head:

Pats-93 overall
Steelers-92 overall
Eagles/Chargers-88 overall
Cowboys-85 overall

Damn the pics. Just have the corners play a BALL-YOU-MAN technique. Tired of seeing DB's play with their backs turned.

Are they gonna bring back DB hotroutes, being able to play inside or outside on a route? Thats what this game has been missing since 05

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Run DLC

Until I got the disc in my PS3, and the controller in my hand - I'm not getting my hopes up.

Pretty much.

EA needs to put some of this effort into improving the NBA Live Series which has been doo-doo for years.

truth last good 1 they released was the one with Melo on the cover after that they went so downhill..

but every year Madden comes out with "gameplay" pics that are amazing but when it is released it looks exactly like it did the year before.

the gameplay vids from E3 are NICe!
Looks Like madden is getting it together.
I still wont buy it 1st day out and Ill have to play it first
But it looks like I will get it eventually

Back
Top Bottom