Official Madden NFL 13 Thread: Patch #4 Available 11/29; Details pg. 43

i had this one dude whoose the same two damn plays each time
mean.gif

same run play and same pass play
any tips on how to stop runs?
and how about double coverage?
how about the dude that runs nothing but wild cat and gets huge chunks on each run. had no idea how to stop it.

how about the dude that runs nothing but wild cat and gets huge chunks on each run. had no idea how to stop it.

Use 4-3 Cover 2 when some one comes out in WC. Most times they're running. Bring your safeties down and make your DEs contain.

Ended up returning the game this morning.....not being able to edit players REALLY sucks and was the deal breaker for me.

cant edit players? que?

in franchise can you still move your team to another city and edit their uniforms and logo?

I feel you DoubleJs.

I'm a customization junkie too, and the inability to edit players in CC still irks me. That's one of the main reasons I haven't touched that mode yet.

I feel you DoubleJs.

I'm a customization junkie too, and the inability to edit players in CC still irks me. That's one of the main reasons I haven't touched that mode yet.

Yeah man...

I'm all about franchise/CC. The inability to edit is ridiculous on a number of levels. Specifically since play these modes offline. I get why there should be a lock on editing attributes if you're playing an online season...but for offline??? Makes NO sense.

I don't even think this is something realistic for a patch. If it is, I'll re-cop. If not, I'll hope Madden 14 comes correct.

Hey killed mut this year Smh you can't keep up unless you spend money now and the packs they put out isn't even worth trying to do since the cards cost more then them bs rewards.

How do you make coins hard to come by but leave the packs price the same same

I hate when my LB looks like hes about to get through but he gets blocked from the side and turns and battle with the lineman :smh:

I was playing this guy online last night who I had no chance to do anything, intsa sack every play... after two quarters I quit. Tell me how EVERY play as soon as I snap the ball I get sacked... :smh:

I managed to pick up Chad Johnson and Jeremy Shockey. I feel like I'm getting trolled. :lol: I'm open to trades if anyone needs them. Im looking for LGs, RGs, and LEs..

I'm so ******g sick of the defense in this game. **** EA. even if you back off coverage they still get beat deep on a streak route? What a ******g joke they made this game all about speed. It doesn't matter if he's 90+ overall as long as he's in the 80's for speed they're gonna get burned every time.

An I'm ******g tired of the dropped passes after taking a hit. Every time a WR takes a hit after catching the ball it's an automatic drop. There's essentially no reason to throw over the middle anymore. A star WR like Roddy is not gonna drop a huge 3rd down ball for the game just cause he took a small hit. And that's not to mention the drops where it is in the WR hands and he start to run then he drops the ball with no one even touching him.

I may have a very good record online and have been winning but I cannot stand these major issues and flaws in the game. **** EA.

I know it has been stated earlier but I feel like the point needs to be reiterated; Calvin Johnson is a MONSTER on here :smh:

I was playing a dude last night online and he had the Falcons and I had the Lions. CJ went for 5 catches 232 yds 3 TD. Its ridiculous what he does with a jump ball. My only complaint, like everyone else, is the defense. I had a crucial 3rd down I needed to convert and tried to thrown the slant to CJ but Brent Grimes had him jammed on the LOS. :stoneface: REALLY 5'9 180 lb Grimes locked up 6'5 236lb Megatron.....Oh Ok. I lost the game becasue of that mess :lol:

I'm so ******g sick of the defense in this game. **** EA. even if you back off coverage they still get beat deep on a streak route? What a ******g joke they made this game all about speed. It doesn't matter if he's 90+ overall as long as he's in the 80's for speed they're gonna get burned every time.
An I'm ******g tired of the dropped passes after taking a hit. Every time a WR takes a hit after catching the ball it's an automatic drop. There's essentially no reason to throw over the middle anymore. A star WR like Roddy is not gonna drop a huge 3rd down ball for the game just cause he took a small hit. And that's not to mention the drops where it is in the WR hands and he start to run then he drops the ball with no one even touching him.
I may have a very good record online and have been winning but I cannot stand these major issues and flaws in the game. **** EA.
I never play man to man on a speed WR without safety help(learned my lesson by playing against the raiders). So I never experienced gettin beat deep yet.. And in the demo they dropped passes like crazy, but I dont have that issue anymore. I ususally make sure i throw them open or lead them to an area with no defenders (ususally over the middle or by the sidelines)

Last edited:

Had it happen to me as well. Almost lost a game on the last play even though I dropped my guys deep in coverage. The dropped passes are OD. I had about 3 or 4 drops with Brandon Marshall yesterday.

Still just play the demo. Dont think i am going to buy the game. But i was playing ******** vs seahawks....merriweather had 4 picks for the skins (i did 0 user picks). I was playing on all pro.

Anyone else have tons of INTs? I threw 2 with RG3 but Flynn threw 4. Most games its seeming as i am between 4-6 INTs each. Dont remember them being so prevalent.

I don't think this problem was too bad last year...but this year everybody runs the no-huddle, toss out of the strong formation it seems. So frustrating haha.

I never play man to man on a speed WR without safety help(learned my lesson by playing against the raiders). So I never experienced gettin beat deep yet.. And in the demo they dropped passes like crazy, but I dont have that issue anymore. I ususally make sure i throw them open or lead them to an area with no defenders (ususally over the middle or by the sidelines)

Trust me I put the safety deep as well. If the receiver is fast it doesn't matter what you do sometimes. I think the problem EA did with man coverage is that even when you drop them back into coverage to cornerback will first try to run in and cover the WR and not play deep as he should thus making him get beat. Then when you run the zone since the man is getting torched the zone gets torched even worse it's terrible.

feel like the same damb game from last year. hate to say it..but like a few had said this is only a roster update. defense is too wack. esp. man to man. i dont have a problem
with drop passes tho..i usually press L1 once the ball is going to the reciever. not sure if that does anything

Asomugha does a pretty good job on Megatron. Matter of fact, Philly's defense as a whole is pretty good on here. Had 7 interceptions with them earlier today against the Texans. Just having trouble getting their offense clicking. D. Jax stay dropping passes :smh:

Anybody in the BALL SO HARD LEAGUE want to trade? I got Chad Johnson and Shockey up for grabs. I'm looking for Offensive Guards and a good Defensive End?

I read on OS that we should expect a patch on 9/11.

Didn't say what will it feature though.

Last edited:
I expect a patch on the defense. I just watched a replay of my CB getting burned and he did this stupid animation where he would move inside and stop for a second and that was what allowed for his man to be so open. They also need to fix the press coverage it literally just doesn't work. If you're running one on one and do press coverage it's an auto-td for the offense.

Back
Top Bottom