Official: Manny Pacquiao Thread

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

30t6p3b.gif
at Eastbay not letting me order when others got through........

I guess I'll have to try my luck on NDC.
ohwell.gif

grin.gif
same with me tried multiple times. Good lookin out tho Ray

Very upset.. was up all morning calling eastbay and was told several times that shoe would not release until Tomorrow.  Didn't get the ladies name I spoke to but very misleading then I get on here 2 hours later and find out they've released and call eastbay and they're sold out.  Eastbay needs to get the info right and I didn't want to keep checking on here every 15 minutes cause I had stuff to do and once she told me not releasing for sure today I thought I was in the clear.  Whats up eastbay rep?  It was the gold number I used, why eastbay trying to mislead people?  Totally messed me up for this release.  

I keep getting told I can't order them and that they are releasing tomorrow from eastbay.. I called about 5 minutes before that and was told they're sold out?  What gives eastbay rep?

Originally Posted by Earl the Pearl

Very upset.. was up all morning calling eastbay and was told several times that shoe would not release until Tomorrow.  Didn't get the ladies name I spoke to but very misleading then I get on here 2 hours later and find out they've released and call eastbay and they're sold out.  Eastbay needs to get the info right and I didn't want to keep checking on here every 15 minutes cause I had stuff to do and once she told me not releasing for sure today I thought I was in the clear.  Whats up eastbay rep?  It was the gold number I used, why eastbay trying to mislead people?  Totally messed me up for this release.  
I am sorry to see you are upset about this.

Regular call center agents are not going to have all the information.  Even I do not have all the information most of the time, but I am able to keep an eye on the item, unlike the call center agents, so I happen to know what is going on before anyone else.  I did say several times in this thread that they could become available for sale early, but as far as everyone else knew, they were scheduled to release at 12 AM ET on 5/6/11. 

If you are not able to keep checking this thread for updates, you may want to follow us on Twitter, since I will also announce it on there.

I keep getting told I can't order them and that they are releasing tomorrow from eastbay.. I called about 5 minutes before that and was told they're sold out?  What gives eastbay rep?
Are you trying to call in now?  It is hard to me answer your questions when I do not know what times you are calling in.

I just checked our system and we currently have just a size 8.5 available for back-order.  The rest of the sizes are sold out until someone else cancels their order.

EastbayRep - Ray

I sent you an email Ray...was just told sold out again.  No 8.5.. which is weird because when you posted that there was a 8.5 available and I was told sold out and I was talking to somebody at eastbay right before you just posted there was a size 8.5 so something fishy is going on. 

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

Sold out again... Eastbay please stop playing with my emotions
frown.gif

grin.gif

Thats cuz I just placed the order after seeing Ray's reply....8.5 my size too! $180 w/shipping ugh

Which is weird because I was told sold out over a half hour ago when I tried to get any size so I could trade then you call and get a 8.5 which I'm glad since its your size but what gives eastbay?  I tried ordering any size when I called at 130 pm central time  and they told me sold out.. then a lady named Susan told me that a supervisor told her that none were sold today and that they release tomorrow?  Seriously why am I getting the run around?  And I know you told us to watch for your update but when you get told something from a rep that works at eastbay it should be true.. so when she said they for sure weren't releasing until the 6th and I explained you said to keep a lookout and she still insisted that they wouldn't release until the 6th I thought I had reason to believe her?  Sucks we have to weed out whose lying to us just to figure out the right info.. so basically anything you say eastbayrep is the truth and when we call in expect to get misinformation?  Is that your advice?  Just listen to you?  thanks. 

Which is weird because I was told sold out over a half hour ago when I tried to get any size so I could trade then you call and get a 8.5 which I'm glad since its your size but what gives eastbay?  I tried ordering any size when I called at 130 pm central time  and they told me sold out.. then a lady named Susan told me that a supervisor told her that none were sold today and that they release tomorrow?  Seriously why am I getting the run around?  And I know you told us to watch for your update but when you get told something from a rep that works at eastbay it should be true.. so when she said they for sure weren't releasing until the 6th and I explained you said to keep a lookout and she still insisted that they wouldn't release until the 6th I thought I had reason to believe her?  Sucks we have to weed out whose lying to us just to figure out the right info.. so basically anything you say eastbayrep is the truth and when we call in expect to get misinformation?  Is that your advice?  Just listen to you?  thanks. 
All the sizes were sold out when I posted an update at 12:22 PM ET/11:22 AM CT.  When I checked our system again at 3:24 PM ET/2:24 PM CT, a size 8.5 was available for sale, so it appears that someone ended up canceling their order for them.  As of this post, all the sizes are currently sold out.

From reading your comment, it sounds like the agents that were assisting you, after the shoe became available for sale, were not correctly reading what was on the screen in front of them.

If you call in and get information different from what I gave, I would say go with what I said.  Do not forget, you can always send us a private message if you have a question.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

All the sizes were sold out when I posted an update at 12:22 PM ET/11:22 AM CT.  When I checked our system again at 3:24 PM ET/2:24 PM CT, a size 8.5 was available for sale, so it appears that someone ended up canceling their order for them.  As of this post, all the sizes are currently sold out.

From reading your comment, it sounds like the agents that were assisting you, after the shoe became available for sale, were not correctly reading what was on the screen in front of them.

If you call in and get information different from what I gave, I would say go with what I said.  Do not forget, you can always send us a private message if you have a question.

EastbayRep - Ray

Their loss was my gain!
grin.gif
  I got my email confirm. Is there still a chance that my order could be cancelled? That happened w/the Space Jams. I got an email confirm only to have my order cancelled.

should i double up on NDC and NT?

EastbayRep - Ray

The people can't read the screen correctly? So they can't do their job correctly is what you're saying.

It really shouldn't be that hard to get your people on the same page. Especially for limited releases. Eastbay should know that they are gonna be flooded with calls and there is going to be a lot going on. They should explain to reps how they are handling the release (from time, to back order, etc.).

This really isn't just about Eastbay it's about !%%*%@ customer service in general. We don't really have a choice. There are only so many places we can go for "exclusive" shoes and all parties know this so it doesn't really matter.

*This is no way directed towards Ray he's always been helpful and actually seems to care about customer service. I just think a lot of people do not.

Originally Posted by 23karlaknafel45

Their loss was my gain!
grin.gif
  I got my email confirm. Is there still a chance that my order could be cancelled? That happened w/the Space Jams. I got an email confirm only to have my order cancelled.

As long as there are no issues with the shipment we are receiving, you should be good.  If other places have the shoe in stock, I would recommend getting them there, as we may not receive our shipment for 1-2 weeks.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

The people can't read the screen correctly? So they can't do their job correctly is what you're saying.

It really shouldn't be that hard to get your people on the same page. Especially for limited releases. Eastbay should know that they are gonna be flooded with calls and there is going to be a lot going on. They should explain to reps how they are handling the release (from time, to back order, etc.).

This really isn't just about Eastbay it's about !%%*%@ customer service in general. We don't really have a choice. There are only so many places we can go for "exclusive" shoes and all parties know this so it doesn't really matter.

*This is no way directed towards Ray he's always been helpful and actually seems to care about customer service. I just think a lot of people do not.
Basically yes, some agents do not understand how to read the screen correctly.  I have brought this issue up to the attention of others and hope to have it fixed for future releases.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by 23karlaknafel45

EastbayRep - Ray

Their loss was my gain!
grin.gif

I say double up. I got jacked by Eastbay many times and I was not a happy camper. Emailed my complaints, but didn't do much as it won't bring them back, but at least they're aware.  Most I remember were the Jordan's DMP (black/gold 11's and 6's) as I got in there so quick and a few days later got an email saying they made an error and of course too late for me to try and get it elsewhere.  Was not a good feeling.  Again, nothing towards Ray as he's great as you all know and agree.  It is what it is and you all have experienced this one time or another.  Always double up for these exclusives as long as you can.  

As of today by a lady named Susan I was told shoes were going on sale tomorrow the 6th and I asked if any pairs were sold yet she said no?  She then put me on hold and came back a couple minutes later and said a supervisor had just TOLD and confirmed that none had been sold today and to call back tomorrow when they release.  I asked again "so your supervisor just said none had been sold and to call back on the 6th correct?" and she said correct.   She wasn't reading a screen the lady named Susan said she spoke to a supervisor.  I spoke to here around 100 pm central time.  Again Ray thanks for your help although I never benefit.  Didn't want to have to set up a twitter account just to get shoes but here I go..lol.. sorry for the rants everybody.  Hard to get exclusives where Im at and I hate paying reseller prices all the time.  

As of today by a lady named Susan I was told shoes were going on sale tomorrow the 6th and I asked if any pairs were sold yet she said no?  She then put me on hold and came back a couple minutes later and said a supervisor had just TOLD and confirmed that none had been sold today and to call back tomorrow when they release.  I asked again "so your supervisor just said none had been sold and to call back on the 6th correct?" and she said correct.   She wasn't reading a screen the lady named Susan said she spoke to a supervisor.  I spoke to here around 100 pm central time.  Again Ray thanks for your help although I never benefit.  Didn't want to have to set up a twitter account just to get shoes but here I go..lol.. sorry for the rants everybody.  Hard to get exclusives where Im at and I hate paying reseller prices all the time.  
I am guessing when you said "I spoke to here around 100 pm central time." you meant to say you spoke to her around 10 AM CT.  If this is correct, then as far as both Susan and her Supervisor were aware, the shoes were not releasing until 5/06/11 at 12 AM ET, as the shoe were not available for sale at that time.  No one knew (including me) that they were going to be released before the, which is why I said I was keeping an eye on them and would post an update here if they were to become available.  I was guessing that they may become available before tonight, since this happened with the last two launches.

I am out for tonight, but will be back tomorrow morning to answer any other questions.

EastbayRep - Ray

got some info from Niketown San Fran- they start lining up at 7am and they will issue wristbands and raffles, whoever has the lowest raffle will start the line and everyone in front of that person will go behind them.

This means anyone can be first in line no matter when u get there

I am guessing when you said "I spoke to here around 100 pm central time." you meant to say you spoke to her around 10 AM CT.  If this is correct, then as far as both Susan and her Supervisor were aware, the shoes were not releasing until 5/06/11 at 12 AM ET, as the shoe were not available for sale at that time.  No one knew (including me) that they were going to be released before the, which is why I said I was keeping an eye on them and would post an update here if they were to become available.  I was guessing that they may become available before tonight, since this happened with the last two launches.

I am out for tonight, but will be back tomorrow morning to answer any other questions.

EastbayRep - Ray
No called several times throughout today.. that conversation with susan was at 1:00 pm central time.  Thanks Ray..

Back
Top Bottom