Official: Max Payne 3 Thread: Out Now On PS3 & XBOX 360: PC Release Date 06-01-12

It's time to get the official thread up for this dope game that's dropping in 2 days. Not surprised a thread has not been started yet since a ton of NT'ers on here only care about & play GTA games made by R*
roll.gif

Anyways I really have a strong feeling this game is going to be a game that gets more attention & HYPE as word of mouth goes around about the game like what happened with Red Dead Redemption.

The game is a 3rd person shooter type game. So basically if you are a HARDCORE FPS shooter fan who only plays Call Of Duty, Modern Warfare, and Battlefield games this game probably won't appeal to you and you most likely will end up regretting buying this game
laugh.gif
.So yeah if your on the fence copping this game I'd highly suggest renting the game from red box first our if you have gamefly use that first.

R* says they really focused on and are on a mission for introducing some crazy multi player experience.
Max_Creative_01_NOESRB(1).jpg

untitled-70ikvfh.gif

cutscene.gif

maxpain32x4x1.gif

maximumarmour4erpm.gif

whack.gif

Pre Order Bonus Info:

navAmazonLogoFooter._V192570482_.gif

Amazon has the game available for $59.96 with a $10 Credit (BACK UP!) on Xbox 360, PS3, Boxed PC. In addition, the 'Deadly Force Burst' DLC is thrown in for good measure. Deadly Force Burst provides higher damage bullets in multiplayer. The PC Download version is available for $59.99 and comes with a bonus $10 credit towards select Rockstar games + exclusive DLC.

Current LIVE bonuses:

$10 Credit (Xbox 360, PS3 and Boxed PC)

$0.99 Release Day Deliver or Free super saver shipping is available as well... No taxes in most states saves you around $5 (varies).

image-2244742-10389738

Buy.com is currently offering Max Payne 3 for $59.99 (PC/PS3/Xbox 360) with free shipping. In addition, they are currently offering 2000 Rakuten Super Points ($20 Credit value) through May 14, 2012!

No taxes in most states saves you around $5 (varies).

image-2244742-10483611

BestBuy is offering Max Payne 3 for retail at $59.99 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Rewardzone Gamers Club members get a $10 gift card with pre-orders, while Gamers Club Unlocked Members ($14.99 yearly membership fee) are elible for a $20 gift card.

Order online, and select In-store pickup to get the game on release day.

nav_top_gspatchlogo.gif

GameStop is offering Max Payne 3 for $59.99.

Pre-order bonuses:

Cemetary Multiplayer Pack DLC

Powerup Rewards: Silent Killer multiplayer load out

Order online, and select In-store pickup to get the game on release day.

120X60.gif

Walmart.com is offering Max Payne 3 for $59.95 with a bonus Max Payne 1 downloadable code (Xbox 360/PS3).

$0.97 shipping to home.

Pre-order bonus:

Bonus Max Payne 1 downloadable code

remember playing the older ones on ps2 it was dope.

and rockstar prolly made it doper

i played the first one i think and i really enjoyed it but since ive been on xbox live i haven't finished a story mode since rainbow 6 vegas 2. depending on the multi-player ill decide if i pick it up or not

R* says that whatever crews you create or are part of in Max Payne 3 will automatically transfer to GTA V's multi player modes
pimp.gif

I'll post more info guys.

Multiplayer for this game looks
sick.gif
but I will probably end up getting this game for 360 because PSN is garbage.

I had my copy Since Saturday(ps3 version) only played about 2 and half hours into it. This game is pretty badass I'll give it a 10 out of 10

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

I had my copy Since Saturday(ps3 version) only played about 2 and half hours into it. This game is pretty badass I'll give it a 10 out of 10
How's the main story ?
I care more about the single player experience than multi player for all games I purchase.

I'm pretty sure since the game isn't officially out yet that the online multi player servers aren't up and running yet.

Here is the info for future DLC pricing & release info.
Really not liking this approach and what I feel is really F'ed up with the gaming industry RIGHT NOW.

Sad to see R* basically had to go this route since all of the big game devs have gone this route nowadays with major game releases. And it started last year with L.A. Noire and why a lot people are now holding out for Game Of The Year or Complete Edition's of games 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

actual_1335825326.jpg

Today we're happy to announce Max Payne 3 downloadable content plans with a full lineup of multiplayer content planned for release this summer and beyond, starting with the Local Justice Map Pack coming in June. Players will also be able to order the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass to get all of the upcoming DLC at a special discounted rate, compared to purchasing each pack individually. Starting today, the Rockstar Pass can be pre-ordered for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network from Best Buy or GameStop in the United States (or pre-ordered for PSN directly from the PlayStation Store).

The Rockstar Pass grants you access to all upcoming Max Payne 3 DLC and will be available for 2400 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE), or $29.99 (PlayStation Network and PC) – over a 35% discount compared to purchasing the content individually. Once purchased, the Rockstar Pass enables gamers to download all DLC releasing through the end of 2012 via the in-game store as soon as it is made available on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, or PC.

The Local Justice Map Pack, coming in June, will include the Police Precinct map for Gang Wars, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer multiplayer modes. The pack will also feature two additional maps for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer, new precinct-themed multiplayer avatar items, multiplayer challenges, and more.

Check out the current release schedule (individual release dates and pricing info will be announced soon) for Max Payne 3 downloadable content packs below and stay tuned for additional packs to be revealed at a later date:

June 2012

• Local Justice Map Pack

Summer 2012

• Disorganized Crime Map Pack

• Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack

• Hostage Negotiation Map Pack

• New York Minute Co-Op Pack

Fall 2012

• Painful Memories Map Pack

• Trickle Down Economics Map Pack

So yeah pre ordering from whatever retailer doesn't really make a difference since they are putting out the R* pass which will literally give you every piece of DLC that the spread out as pre order bonuses.

But yeah for $29 for the pass I'm really going to wait even for that to drop in price and for a discount to hit on Playstation Plus. It's really going to depend on how much fun I have with the multi player modes also.

Yeah..... That multiplayer looks ridiculous. Not trying to hate but why does Rockstar keep trying to integrate multiplayer into these games? It never works. The gameplay just doesn't support it. Bullet time in multiplayer? Cant be serious. I guess I should wait till it comes out to give final judgements if I get it/rent it but I can't see that working out at all. One thing I will say though is that it might work better than GTA and Red Dead cause it looks like there are no vehicles and the maps are smaller so you can't run away.
I played the first two games, and they were fun but that was back then, I'm not sure that the Max Payne gameplay can hold up in todays video gaming era. Its the same as all the other rockstar games except it doesn't have a gripping story to mask the repetitiveness (Max Payne 2 seriously is top 5 worst video game stories ever). I've only seen two trailers though so maybe I'm wrong. Despite all my criticism I would like for this game to be good, and it has a good chance to blow me away since my expectations are so low.

Originally Posted by Antidope

Yeah..... That multiplayer looks ridiculous. Not trying to hate but why does Rockstar keep trying to integrate multiplayer into these games? It never works. The gameplay just doesn't support it. Bullet time in multiplayer? Cant be serious. I guess I should wait till it comes out to give final judgements if I get it/rent it but I can't see that working out at all. One thing I will say though is that it might work better than GTA and Red Dead cause it looks like there are no vehicles and the maps are smaller so you can't run away.
I played the first two games, and they were fun but that was back then, I'm not sure that the Max Payne gameplay can hold up in todays video gaming era. Its the same as all the other rockstar games except it doesn't have a gripping story to mask the repetitiveness (Max Payne 2 seriously is top 5 worst video game stories ever). I've only seen two trailers though so maybe I'm wrong. Despite all my criticism I would like for this game to be good, and it has a good chance to blow me away since my expectations are so low.
It was watching it on youtube
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Antidope

The way I look at is R* basically was forced into having to implement multi player modes into their games just for the sake of keeping up with the times of this console generation. Where this console generation multi player for any game is an important aspect for games and literally is a must have now if game devs want their  games to sell well. 
As far as R* talents on multi player. I'll say this GTA IV multi player was a horrible mess and people lost interest in it quick.

Read Dead Redemption's multi player IMHO was a big improvement and I did get pretty heavily deep into it.Heck even right now if you pop in RDR and go into multi player you will see that the online community is still pretty active and you can still find people playing the online multi player modes a lot. 

i think im gonna cop gta4. ive been meaning to play it for a few yrs not but i just gotta bite the bullet and get into it. been off mw3 for a bit but im a lil hungry for a new game. ill wait till the reviews are out for max payne 3 and a price drop. gta4 is cheap now so ill cop
pimp.gif

mp3 looks sick tho. r* has always been delivering with a very immersive world and cinematic exp. they make the best game trailers with just in game footage alone. word to the classic:

Originally Posted by sreggie101

i think im gonna cop gta4. ive been meaning to play it for a few yrs not but i just gotta bite the bullet and get into it. been off mw3 for a bit but im a lil hungry for a new game. ill wait till the reviews are out for max payne 3 and a price drop. gta4 is cheap now so ill cop
pimp.gif

mp3 looks sick tho. r* has always been delivering with a very immersive world and cinematic exp. they make the best game trailers with just in game footage alone. word to the classic:

GTA IV despite my disappointment's with the OG main story line is still worth playing.
But I'd highly recommend getting the GTA IV: Complete Edition and playing The Ballad Of Gay Tony first.

The severs have been up since saturday. The single player is worth the $60 bucks..... If anyone is online hit me up on the psn: KiLLs

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

thinking about it. if you buy it at target you get GTA IV for free
Yeah but it's not the Complete Edition of GTA IV.
GTA IV without the episodes from Liberty City.Is literally GARBAGE and you will be lucky to get $5 to $8 trade in value for it nowadays 
laugh.gif

And this is coming from a HUGE fan of the GTA series games.

Back
Top Bottom