Official: Max Payne 3 Thread: Out Now On PS3 & XBOX 360: PC Release Date 06-01-12

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

You know this is the first MP game not made by Remedy? So the story might be better than 2.

Yup. I knew this info.
Check out what Remedy games had to say about R* doing Max Payne 3:

Link:

http://kotaku.com/5876306/remedy-says-what-rockstar-has-done-with-max-payne-is-brilliant
Happy that they're happy. And I get more Max Payne and Alan Wake. 
pimp.gif

Bad news for XBOX 360 owners who are on the fence about getting this game.
Only half of 'Max Payne 3' available through Redbox

Last month at PAX East 2012, I was given the opportunity to get my feet wet with "Max Payne 3," Rockstar Games' upcoming third-person shooter. Now that the game's May 15th release date is only a couple of days away, there is no doubt it will be fairly successful in its reception with gamers. However, unless the PlayStation 3 version is desired, those hoping to simply rent the game from popular kiosk renting service, Redbox, may want to consider taking their business elsewhere.

The company has stated that they will only be renting out the first disc. (The PS3 version only requires one disc, but both the PC and the Xbox 360 versions will need both). Wondering what is even included on Disc 1? This will allow access to the multiplayer, but only half of the game's single player campaign. Redbox, standing by their decision, claims that many of their consumers "like to test out titles before they buy them." They have included a disclaimer on their website, as well as, kiosk screens to inform renters of the limited gameplay. Still, there is nothing more disappointing than getting really into a game and then being unable to finish it. It's like watching half of a movie, or reading half of a book and turning the page to find the rest have been torn out.

Link:

http://www.examiner.com/article/only-half-of-max-payne-3-available-through-redbox

Bad news for XBOX 360 owners who are on the fence about getting this game.
Only half of 'Max Payne 3' available through Redbox

Last month at PAX East 2012, I was given the opportunity to get my feet wet with "Max Payne 3," Rockstar Games' upcoming third-person shooter. Now that the game's May 15th release date is only a couple of days away, there is no doubt it will be fairly successful in its reception with gamers. However, unless the PlayStation 3 version is desired, those hoping to simply rent the game from popular kiosk renting service, Redbox, may want to consider taking their business elsewhere.

The company has stated that they will only be renting out the first disc. (The PS3 version only requires one disc, but both the PC and the Xbox 360 versions will need both). Wondering what is even included on Disc 1? This will allow access to the multiplayer, but only half of the game's single player campaign. Redbox, standing by their decision, claims that many of their consumers "like to test out titles before they buy them." They have included a disclaimer on their website, as well as, kiosk screens to inform renters of the limited gameplay. Still, there is nothing more disappointing than getting really into a game and then being unable to finish it. It's like watching half of a movie, or reading half of a book and turning the page to find the rest have been torn out.

Link:

http://www.examiner.com/article/only-half-of-max-payne-3-available-through-redbox

eek.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

Good thing I love MP and brought it off amazon. *waits for delivery on the 15th*

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

You know this is the first MP game not made by Remedy? So the story might be better than 2.

Yup. I knew this info.
Check out what Remedy games had to say about R* doing Max Payne 3:

Link:

http://kotaku.com/5876306/remedy-says-what-rockstar-has-done-with-max-payne-is-brilliant

Of course they would say that and I'm not saying they are lying but once a game changes hands from a small group of guys to a big time developer the soul or magic is lost 90% of the time. I have no doubt that this game is going to be nothing short of amazing but I rather see Sam Lake and his team do it. I read this off the kotaku review...
 "Remedy writer Sam Lake's quirky use of language and fondness for metatextual touches aren't in evidence here, though Rockstar tries to honor those sensibilities."

Ehh.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

i think im gonna cop gta4. ive been meaning to play it for a few yrs not but i just gotta bite the bullet and get into it. been off mw3 for a bit but im a lil hungry for a new game. ill wait till the reviews are out for max payne 3 and a price drop. gta4 is cheap now so ill cop
pimp.gif

mp3 looks sick tho. r* has always been delivering with a very immersive world and cinematic exp. they make the best game trailers with just in game footage alone. word to the classic:

GTA IV despite my disappointment's with the OG main story line is still worth playing.
But I'd highly recommend getting the GTA IV: Complete Edition and playing The Ballad Of Gay Tony first.

does that make the story more coherent or what?

i think im gonna cop gta4. ive been meaning to play it for a few yrs not but i just gotta bite the bullet and get into it. been off mw3 for a bit but im a lil hungry for a new game. ill wait till the reviews are out for max payne 3 and a price drop. gta4 is cheap now so ill cop
pimp.gif

mp3 looks sick tho. r* has always been delivering with a very immersive world and cinematic exp. they make the best game trailers with just in game footage alone. word to the classic:

GTA IV despite my disappointment's with the OG main story line is still worth playing.
But I'd highly recommend getting the GTA IV: Complete Edition and playing The Ballad Of Gay Tony first.

does that make the story more coherent or what?

GTA IV and the episodes from Liberty City are suppose to tie in the 3 stories of Niko Bellic from GTA IV OG story line, Johnny Klebitz from The Lost & The Damned, and Luis Lopez in The Ballad Of Gay Tony.
Like I said the OG main story with GTA IV IMHO is just to dark and really hard to get into. It's not a story like GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas where those games were just fun and at the same time kept you interested and wanting to beat the main story of those GTA games.

That's why I really like The Ballad Of Gay the character you play in that game bring back all of the fun stuff you in GTA San Andreas.

Wow...that review above kind of made me not want the game no more. All that cut scene stuff makes it sounds horrible. Hopefully at least multi player is good.

Damn.

Those reviews def convinced me to hold out until its a greatest hit. 
tired.gif

Random... Is Saints Row 3 on sale yet?

I'm trying to avoid footage, but what exactly looks bad to you guys? What do those reviews say?

Originally Posted by BossDonVah

Looks really bad
30t6p3b.gif
Was thinking about copping

This makes no sense to me. Looks really bad? No it doesn't. I'm really curious as to what looks good to you if this looks really bad.

Still in the fence :/ I've never played a Max Payne game but I would always watch my cousin play the first one when I was younger.

story mode is only 12 hrs to beat?
grin.gif
idk for $60 i want a lot of bang for my buck, esp when a game's main selling point is its single player. may wait for discount bin.

Originally Posted by SOleILL

Still in the fence :/ I've never played a Max Payne game but I would always watch my cousin play the first one when I was younger.

Yeah I'm in the same boat.

I was planning on copping in a few months but that $10 Amazon credit offer towards another video game is so tempting.

BRUH.

this game is SICK.

online already got me addicted.

grin.gif
idk for $60 i want a lot of bang for my buck, esp when a game's main selling point is its single player. may wait for discount bin.
laugh.gif

Name another game that's not a RPG or MMO like Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3, or a Final Fantasy game that gives you the same amount of hours in a single player campaign ?

Call Of Duty games are a JOKE and you are luck if you get 4 hours max in the single player campaign.

Also I guess you haven't been reading the previews & reviews where they said R* is more focused on the multi player modes for this game.

grin.gif
laugh.gif

Name another game that's not a RPG or MMO like Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3, or a Final Fantasy game that gives you the same amount of hours in a single player campaign ?

Call Of Duty games are a JOKE and you are luck if you get 4 hours max in the single player campaign.

Also I guess you haven't been reading the previews & reviews where they said R* is more focused on the multi player modes for this game.

Gears 3 amd Crysis 2 both have 10 hour plus campaigns. 
And if if takes you only 4 hours to beat a COD campaign then your playing on the wrong difficulty then. Probably 2 levels too low 
Chill with the hyperbole brah  

BIg fan of the series. I will be getting it tomorrow. I never care about game reviews on games I know I want.

Originally Posted by BossDonVah

Looks really bad
30t6p3b.gif
Was thinking about copping

I wouldnt say bad at all.

Just not that "I need to pay $60 and buy this on release day" vibe. 

Lol I bought the first two MP games for like $12 in the deal bin. So I can prob wait on this too 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom