OFFICIAL MAYWEATHER V. PACQUIAO FIGHT THREAD | MAY 2ND @ MGM GRAND | HBOxSHOWTIME PPV

WHO WINS?

• PBF by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manny by Decision

• PBF by TKO/KO

• Manny by TKO/KO

• Draw

• Don't Care....I just wanna see the hands delivered

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: at winning the crowd. Those boos at the weigh-in really shook Floyd's confidence didn't they? LOL
OMG! All those Floyd is SHOOK ppl [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yo unless you've been to every Floyd weigh in and you live in Vegas and you had tickets to the fight - you're not allowed to comment on whether Floyd was shook or not

:rofl:

Yeah...I felt like Pac was shook. I didn't expect him to win, but I expected some more fight.
It looked like Pacquiao gave a lot of emotion imo....he just can't beat a more technically sound boxer tonight
Mayweather executed his strategy to perfection

Respect to Floyd and his record

But Rocky Marciano #TBE

On to Canello vs Kirkland this will be a good fight

Still waiting to hear from.......heard from TMZ Drew.

BLASTERCOMBO
xXSUPREMEXx
FreshPairs
weapen12

Still waiting to hear from.......heard from TMZ Drew.

BLASTERCOMBO
xXSUPREMEXx
FreshPairs
weapen12

Probably can't eem see the computer screen through all them tears.

Man I replied to you pages ago. :lol:

I gave my respect to Floyd as a boxer. He got a well deserved win in my eyes. If you read even earlier in the thread, I've always called it being a May UD.

Pac fought the best he could, but Floyd was just the bigger and better man tonight. I had two of my boys hate the fight, but personally I thought it was a masterful show of the sweet science.

Nothing but respect for these two as boxers. :nthat:

So stop thinking you'll ever get hate from me. :lol:

I give credit where credit is due.

-Drew

Last edited:
Man I love it. Outside of the 5 of my friends who box and really know boxing, my facebook feed is DEAD SILENT right now. All the "know it alls" have moved back to discussing what'll be on game of thrones tomorrow night. :lol:

Thank god things are back to normal.

Good game plan roach. :lol:

I gave my respect to Floyd as a boxer. He got a well deserved win in my eyes. If you read even earlier in the thread, I've always called it being a May UD.

Pac fought the best he could, but Floyd was just the bigger and better man tonight. I had two of my boys hate the fight, but personally I thought it was a masterful show of the sweet science.

-Drew
I actually said I heard from you, re read it man lol

-Drew
I actually said I heard from you, re read it man lol

I thought it looked like a repost of the same thing :lol: It's 6 am and I'm only running on 3 hours.

-Drew

May weather is undefeated because he's fought a bunch of tomato cans

If you don't get yo ***...........

This aint the NFL where someone schedules your fights.

May actually has fought everyone he done supposed to.

May was was just waaaaaaaay smarter then any other fighter of his time.

PS. How in the hell did Manny think he was winning the fight?

If you can't tell dude off the juice I don't know what to tell you.

Money wasn't even fased by his cleanest shots.

May weather is undefeated because he's fought a bunch of tomato cans

If you don't get yo ***...........

This aint the NFL where someone schedules your fights.

May actually has fought everyone he done supposed to.

May was was just waaaaaaaay smarter then any other fighter of his time.

PS. How in the hell did Manny think he was winning the fight?

If you can't tell dude off the juice I don't know what to tell you.

Money wasn't even fased by his cleanest shots.

He was momentarily from his straight left in either the second or third, man. You have to give him at least that.

-Drew

Someone said it best on Deadspin:

Manny wasn't willing tonight. He refused to engage Floyd. He was unwilling to press. He was willing to lose.

All there is to it.

Someone said it best on Deadspin:
All there is to it.

Question from a casual fan: if Floyd's defense and counters were excellent all night, would it have been smart to jump in wildly? Maybe Manny was trying to pick his spots very carefully...and those spots never came. The few times Manny came in Floyd was able to get out pretty easily.

EDIT: another Q, even though a lot of the fight was dancing around each other, Manny was moving forward/trying to engage most of the time, no?

Last edited:
Ended up streaming the fight and watching it with a bunch of friends with a lot of pizza, wings, etc. Good night for me overall 

Floyd absolutely negated anything Manny wanted to do for the entire fight outside of a few shots in the 4th round. To land that many more punches then Pacman is insane. Dude is one of the best of all time (Ali still GOAT) and showed out today. Pacman really let me down today, gave us nothing as fans. We knew what we would get from PBF, but Pacman delivered nothing. Part of that is due to Floyd, but in my opinion Manny really didnt go at him. Huge let down for me and my friends who were all rooting for Pacman 
laugh.gif

I am really glad we didnt spend $100 for this fight. We were highly considering ordering it after our favorite sports bar wanted a $20 cover charge to watch it 
sick.gif
, but the choice to stream it was the right one at the end. Man that was an extremely boring fight to watch, and in my opinion Pacman is to blame for that. Dont even care what the purist boxing stans have to say, Pacman's ineptitude was clear to see and made it so this fight was not worth $50, let alone $100. 

And finally I read through a good chunk of this thread, you Mayweather fans are annoying as hell. Not the ones celebrating their dude winning, but the dudes telling the casuals to stay clear. The casuals are the ones that made this fight the event that it was. The more casuals that watch, the more boxing fans are produced which the sport is in need of. Reminds me of soccer elitists when i first started watching 

Not even gonna lie I'm pissed I payed for that ****. But I pay for non sense all the time pros, herb, yay, figured it only happens once in a lifetime. *** it. 
laugh.gif

Question from a casual fan: if Floyd's defense and counters were excellent all night, would it have been smart to jump in wildly? Maybe Manny was trying to pick his spots very carefully...and those spots never came. The few times Manny came in Floyd was able to get out pretty easily.

Manny did try to engage recklessly a couple times... But Floyd's straight right hand pretty much neutralized that method. As it has done to many of Floyd's opponents in the past.

Floyd's straight right always comes out the same and can land on the body or head so it's very hard to try to predict where it's gonna go. He disguises it real well. If and when a couple of those land clean on your temple and/or rib cage that's when you come to senses and pick your spots.

Last edited:
Snooze fest ... This wasn't even Mayweather being a great defensive fighter.

But he won ... If he doesn't fight GGG, I'm not paying to see. There nothing out there.

Snooze fest ... This wasn't even Mayweather being a great defensive fighter.

But he won ... If he doesn't fight GGG, I'm not paying to see. There nothing out there.

Welp enjoy watching at a friends house lol. Ggg aint getting thay fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom