OFFICIAL MAYWEATHER V. PACQUIAO FIGHT THREAD | MAY 2ND @ MGM GRAND | HBOxSHOWTIME PPV

WHO WINS?

• PBF by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manny by Decision

• PBF by TKO/KO

• Manny by TKO/KO

• Draw

• Don't Care....I just wanna see the hands delivered

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is this 2 more fights thing coming from? I thought it was a 6 fight deal?

Guerrero
Canelo
Maidana
Maidana
PacMan

One to Go!

A rematch with Pac will happen but Arum gotta put up the money this time. I wouldnt be surprised, they could make more money in china or somewhere like Dubai...The thing is Mayweather got 2 more fights under his contract with Showtime either he breaks the contract and retire or fight someone worth while like Manny for a rematch too much money involved.
He has 1 more fight on his deal bruh not 2

Like I said we will catch him in September, Pacquiao now knows how Floyd fights and will be more prepared this time around. I doubt Floyd may or may not weather would take it, he finally beat him and feels that his legacy is set. Anything can happen tho :nerd:

If I see another person say that people don't understand boxing followed by "the goal is to hit your opponent and not get hit"
mean.gif

People understand boxing, Bernard Hopkins' fights were boring, like all of them, and they sucked. Nobody said "you just don't understand boxing". For whatever reason, Floyd just has these annoying fanboys.
Every B-Hop fight? Like all of them?
indifferent.gif

Yea. Like all of them except for like 2 fights. I don't need to watch a video from Hopkins to explain his boring boxing.

If I watch a basketball game and they do " hack a Shaq" all game long, it will be a boring mediocre game, and the fact that it was boring and mediocre has nothing to do with understanding the game of basketball.
Basketball analogies?

Tim Duncan being boring isn't stopping him from being the best power forward ever. Karl Malone has like 10k more points but The Big Fundamental gets the nod every time. 
Boxing is dead. This fight didn't help anything. The whole sport should be retired now. Nothing but smoke and mirrors.
Boxing is dead to people who weren't really fans to begin with. People who watched or went to this fight already thinking boxing is dead could have asked around and been advised this isn't the fight to go to if you want to see a knockout. Those people went to the fight or watched it cause it was the thing to do. This is what everyone would be talking about the next few days and they wanted to be a part of the conversation. A quarter of the people that came to watch with me that are usually headed to the club at that time didn't know what the hell they were looking at; just wanted to say they watched the fight. 

It seemed like Pacquiao fans thought it was an exciting fight.
They were cheering and chanting the whole fight.
They were having a good ol time.
didn't PAC paid to have free ppv in the Philippines? They ain't mad ....
doubt dude paid for a whole country to watch a fight. probably went something like this

http://www.cbssports.com/general/ey...co-will-see-the-fight-of-the-century-for-free

Rocky was 49-0. Floyd gotta get to 50.

Last edited:
complaining about Floyd's dominance is like *****ing about a pitcher pitching a no hitter. 

respect the art 

Pacman rematch bubbling

Please NO!

They are crazy to think people will pay what they paid this time to see that again. Anybody who isn't a Pac homer knows he's not even in Floyd's class. They'd be better off finding an up and coming guy and giving him a shot or giving the winner of Canelo Kirkland a fight with Mayweather.

I know Canelo already lost to him but still; only Manny fans want a rematch.

Last edited:
you DO KNOW that mayweather already fought canelo right?

Yep...watched both fights and would much rather see that over Manny and Floyd. They could bill it as Canelo is a much better fighter now ready to give Floyd a real challenge. Especially if he beats the brakes off of Kirkland

Last edited:
Funniest stuff is to hear soccer fans say the fight was boring :rofl:

This alien named Skip Bayless is the epitome of pure uncut stupidity.

Lennox Lewis entire game plan against Mike Tyson was to hold him when he gets close and tire him out.
This was public knowledge and was accepted throughout the sports world.

Dudes clinch in MMA all the time and it's accepted as trying to get better positioning and leverage on your opponent.

Floyd's clinching was minimal. Pacquiao needs to learn to clinch. It may have kept him from getting put to sleep by Marquez.

Lennox Lewis entire game plan against Mike Tyson was to hold him when he gets close and tire him out.
This was public knowledge and was accepted throughout the sports world.

i wanted to see tyson uppercut lewis within the first 1:20 of the 1st round, drain all his power with the one punch & have him crumple to the mat all shook

Last edited:
there has to be a rematch ...

Floyd would make more money fighting Pac than any up and coming star plain and simple
Im telling you he is the Boxing version of John Cena ..
His job is to sell his name to make money and sell to casual boxing fans and in cenas case cater to kids and merchandise sales . yet still getting mixed reviews from the crowd

rematch will happen. more people would rather see
Floyd vs Manny ll

over

Floyd vs. _________ .

Manny doesn't deserve a rematch, that was a pathetic showing. He got his payday and was content. 

I honestly dont think a rematch would crack a million ppv buys. Its not even a little bit believable Pac can beat Mayweather after Saturday so its a pointless match up. I cant believe Pac fans think he could win a rematch. C'mon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom