Official Mayweather vs. Mosley Thread: Legacy Defining

so in between the 2nd and 3rd round suddenly Shane ran outta gas for no reason at all... ++!%@. he started gettin peppered with shots thats why he stopped throwin punches, everytime he threw he got countered.

I understand most people dont like Floyd but to not give him credit for that clinic he put on is stupidity. that fight was won by floyd's accurate sharp fast punches , not lost by shane cus of fatigue

"In the fight I was talking to him. Telling him his jab isn't fast enough and it is, show it to me. So he would throw the jab and I would pull a counter over it."

pimp.gif

time to abandon this thread cus I see the direction its headed

Good looks VA. But is there anyone who is capable of beating mayweather? Paciao def cant...berto, nah! cotto, NOPE. possibly paul williams? but mayweather wont fight him. Mayweather is def a freak of nature. Pops said hes a thorobred horse. Floyd senior must've had Floyd jr with xena the warrior princess.

i thought it was pretty obvious that mayweather would win,
and it wasnt as entertaining as i thought it was going to be....

whatever....
tired.gif

Amazing...amazing performance by Floyd...
He controlled that ring...

It's crazy because that's how he looks on the regular...but he did it against a hall of famer and one of the best welterweights of the era...  

I mean after like round 8...dude was just playing out there...

And what impressed me the most was he was trying to fight...he wasn't just pop shotting and getting out of there..

I used to think, without a doubt, that manny would beat him...I don't know now...

I mean...if he can look like that against such legit competition...

As for Mosley...

He definitely got open by that big shot (hell i was open) and he was convinced he could knock him out.

Everyone knows u really need to get a solid jab going to get at floyd...and I'm disappointed he couldn't get his working...

People were worried about him having ring rust...but i was wondering how going through 2 back to back training camps would affect him...

and i think it did...he looked really gassed out there...

So now we need Floyd & Manny...

and I think the pressure is on Manny (where before it seemed like most people were blaming Floyd for the fight not happening)

Word, Dapper D. Without a doubt floyd would demolish manny. He put the beats on a legit boxer tonight. He gets his props after tonights fight. Manny, sorry, youre not capable in there with Xena's son.

The pressure is def on Manny!!! Floyd never seems to amaze me, I thought Roy Jones again when he got caught with that right, but when i seen him in the 3rd I knew it was over for Shane, and yes I seriously think Floyd is the greatest of all time

I understand most people dont like Floyd but tonot give him credit for that clinic he put on is stupidity. that fightwas won by floyd's accurate sharp fast punches , not lost by shane cusof fatigue

QFT

Originally Posted by UNCfatfan

The pressure is def on Manny!!! Floyd never seems to amaze me, I thought Roy Jones again when he got caught with that right, but when i seen him in the 3rd I knew it was over for Shane, and yes I seriously think Floyd is the greatest of all time

you are out of your mind. none of us are old enough to have seen all the greats to make a statement like that...one of the greats yes....the greatest no....

LOL He's not even the greatest welterweight either WTH. Put him in against Sugar Ray Leonard, Duran, and Hearns in their prime let's see if he still has a flawless record. Not to take anything away from him, I respect his boxing skills a lot and I hate him. But the greatest of all time? HAHAHA

I think you have the expression all wrong.

Originally Posted by JND1

ngny0.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was at one of my boys houses watching this fight and it was filled with Mosley stans. They were talmbout "Sugar Shane is going to knock him out in the 7th"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I was rolling when Floyd's entrance music dropped. "Money, money, money, money..... MONEY!!".
smokin.gif
roll.gif

After the fight was over they were mad salty too. Trying to say the shots PBF were landing wasn't doing damage.
smh.gif

If Money May vs Pack man happens, I'm booking a Vegas trip the week it's announced. 

laugh.gif
@ many of the posts in the past 4 pgs...
smh.gif
...I don't know how you could say this fight was boring...its funny how the last 3 dudes MM was to face would be his most difficult challenge and look how those turned out...and of course its always excuses as to why he won..
smh.gif
...then when he beats Manny it gonna be oh manny too small, he suppose to beat him...dudes are comedy...you may hate if you want but he is def top 3 if not the best of the past 25 yrs...

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

laugh.gif
smh.gif
...I don't know how you could say this fight was boring...its funny how the last 3 dudes MM was to face would be his most difficult challenge and look how those turned out...and of course its always excuses as to why he won..
smh.gif
...then when he beats Manny it gonna be oh manny too small, he suppose to beat him...dudes are comedy...you may hate if you want but he is def top 3 if not the best of the past 25 yrs...

same can be said about manny according to nt he was suppose to get dropped the passed 3 fights 

but now its cuz of steroids 

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

same can be said about manny according to nt he was suppose to get dropped the passed 3 fights 

I'm a Manny fan, but you gotta give credit where credit is due...Mayweather is #1 P4P in my eyes, he is too technically sound as a boxer to not be the best. Would I like to see Manny lay him out? Yea I would..but that boy Floyd is killin...accurate puncher, very fast with the hands, very smart fighter, and today he just looking all for the counter-punch...he came out and attacked, and he stepped back when he needed to step back..on another note though, I ain't ever seen Floyd buckle and grab on before
eek.gif
but he did over-come it and did so convincingly

Now do I think Pacquiao is on the roids? naah...my dude said he didn't even know what those were in one interview..I didn't believe him at first, but then on Jimmy Kimmel I think he said he didn't even really know what Pac-man was either, so I believe him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by salbah3

LOL He's not even the greatest welterweight either WTH. Put him in against Sugar Ray Leonard, Duran, and Hearns in their prime let's see if he still has a flawless record. Not to take anything away from him, I respect his boxing skills a lot and I hate him. But the greatest of all time? HAHAHA

you just name dropping, though. Dudes always talking bout oh if you put this boxer back in the day against this hall of famer he would get his breaks beat off him. Those are IF's we talking today and today no one does it better than PBF. I can say if PBF boxed against sugar ray, duran, or hitman hearns he would still outbox them, but we will never know. PBF mastered the art of boxing, hes the most efficient boxer I've seen, and he does it so effortless. After this fight, dudes are running excuses to not put PBF as pound for pound best right now. Damn and I don't even like PBF, I just admire and respect dudes boxing ability.

after watching this fight, I will give mayweather credit....mosley was definitely a legit competition ....and I hate mayweather with a passion!!!!  I mean dude gets wins, but his knockout ratio isn't really that great....(just peep fights before diego corrales / demarcus "chop chop" corley) and you'll see what I am talking about...borrringgggg!!!!

anyways after that blow(pause) in the 2nd round, mayweather used "2 arms" to buckle on the right arm preventing a knockdown which leads to mosley's left hand free and an opportunity to follow through...unfortunately this didn't happen but this clearly shows mayweather's chin and if it was like that in later rounds it really would have been may's 1st loss....

if the theme of this fight was speed, then the pacman and mayweather fight (if finalized) will be all about stamina and skill.... that stuttering left hook and right straight mayweather has needs to be studied/trained though.... because those are key punches that will have mayweather control the fight.....

pacman needs to find a new angle in throwing punches if he's going to fight mayweather .... because he throws flurries while moving forward (that pretty much connects/hurts against most opponents), but that leave his chin too exposed....

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I'm a Manny fan, but you gotta give credit where credit is due...Mayweather is #1 P4P in my eyes, he is too technically sound as a boxer to not be the best. Would I like to see Manny lay him out? Yea I would..but that boy Floyd is killin...accurate puncher, very fast with the hands, very smart fighter, and today he just looking all for the counter-punch...he came out and attacked, and he stepped back when he needed to step back..on another note though, I ain't ever seen Floyd buckle and grab on before
eek.gif

Now do I think Pacquiao is on the roids? naah...my dude said he didn't even know what those were in one interview..I didn't believe him at first, but then on Jimmy Kimmel I think he said he didn't even really know what Pac-man was either, so I believe him
laugh.gif

im not discrediting anything pbf has done today or in the past

dude was just saying that people were making excuses for why he won 

n i was just pointing out that it goes both ways 

laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif

im not discrediting anything pbf has done today or in the past

dude was just saying that people were making excuses for why he won 

n i was just pointing out that it goes both ways 
Yea, I see what your sayin...it really does go both ways...but thats what happens when your at the top of your game, people will always be there trying to make excuses for greatness..

In Pacquiao's case they say he's on steroids now....
ohwell.gif

For Floyd they'll say why didn't he take this fight years a go when Shane was younger?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by BgL2687

you just name dropping, though. Dudes always talking bout oh if you put this boxer back in the day against this hall of famer he would get his breaks beat off him. Those are IF's we talking today and today no one does it better than PBF. I can say if PBF boxed against sugar ray, duran, or hitman hearns he would still outbox them, but we will never know. PBF mastered the art of boxing, hes the most efficient boxer I've seen, and he does it so effortless. After this fight, dudes are running excuses to not put PBF as pound for pound best right now. Damn and I don't even like PBF, I just admire and respect dudes boxing ability.

Just saying, dude said PBF is the greatest of all time come on man. Do you honestly think PBF would do well against Hearns? Hearns is a big welter that had devastating KO power and is tall as well. There is just physical disadvantage there not gonna lie, same physical tools that Paul Williams possess, (long reach, height) sans the KO power, and reasons why PBF shouldn't fight him right?. I never questioned PBF's boxing ability though, obviously it is up there, and I got mad respect for that. After tonight I do agree that he might just be the top P4P fighter and I hate him as well. As much as I'd love for Pac to whoop that ++# and knock him the f out, its just not gonna happennnnnn

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Just saying, dude said PBF is the greatest of all time come on man. Do you honestly think PBF would do well against Hearns? Hearns is a big welter that had devastating KO power and is tall as well. There is just physical disadvantage there not gonna lie, same physical tools that Paul Williams possess, (long reach, height) sans the KO power, and reasons why PBF shouldn't fight him right?. I never questioned PBF's boxing ability though, obviously it is up there, and I got mad respect for that. After tonight I do agree that he might just be the top P4P fighter and I hate him as well. As much as I'd love for Pac to whoop that ++# and knock him the f out, its just not gonna happennnnnn
Maaaaaan...if Pacquiao lands a shot like Mosley hit in the second round...you already know Pacquiao goin in for the kill swingin 100mph
pimp.gif

but if you ask me...Pacquiao vs Mayweather ain't ever gonna happen...

3:21 AM in Dallas TX just came back from a night with friends Floyd put on a good show after the 4th round it was all him the mosley supporters left the bar after homie threw 43 punches and landed 3 it was some upset faces in there packed with bad chicks everywhere
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^i hope it does happen this year 

i think it gets down theres to much money on the table for the fight not to happen

Floyd was impressive tonight. Came back from adversity and had composure throughout the whole fight. Kind of reminded of Pretty Boy Floyd against Corrales after the 3rd round. I know he is a little older now and cares a lot about self preservation, but its nice to see him bring out the beast once in a while.  Pacquiao v Mayweather next please
devil.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif

he said pacman is his pet dog
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom