Official Mayweather vs. Mosley Thread: Legacy Defining

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by you go boy

people keep saying that floyd be ducking people... hes a 5 time champion and he also defended his belt a couple times too... so he has fought champions before
what you just typed  has nothing to do with Ducking fighters in his weight class.

the make up of the weight division Mayweather fights at (147)  for the last 5-7 yrs has  included  Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, Williams, Berto, Cintron, Pacman,  and he's  only just now facing one of those guys ... Do I really need to explain any further

my comment is regarding ducking people in general and not in reference to the 147 weight class... i guess when you have an undefeated boxer like floyd theres always going to be haters

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

people keep saying that floyd be ducking people... hes a 5 time champion and he also defended his belt a couple times too... so he has fought champions before
what you just typed  has nothing to do with Ducking fighters in his weight class.

the make up of the weight division Mayweather fights at (147)  for the last 5-7 yrs has  included  Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, Williams, Berto, Cintron, Pacman,  and he's  only just now facing one of those guys ... Do I really need to explain any further

my comment is regarding ducking people in general and not in reference to the 147 weight class... i guess when you have an undefeated boxer like floyd theres always going to be haters

laugh.gif
he is ducking people in general ever since he moved up to 147.  No one is questioning his lower weight class fights, he fought the best at 130 and 135.  But you can't claim to be the best at 147, duck every single top 10 contender and fight guys like JMM, Ricky Hatton, DLH, Mitchell and Gatti.  Baldomir and Judah had all the belts but were never top flight at 147.  No one here is hating on Floyd, just simply calling him out for ducking the top fighters at 147 for the time he has been fighting there.  I hate when people call that hating.  He turned down $8mm, his biggest payday, to fight Margarito.

Ill be there tomorrow night
pimp.gif

Every fight I want to drop $$ on the underdog in Floyd fights and i never can succomb to doing so....

tomorrow will be no different - im rollin with floyd

i get your point and i wont even argue on that... but buttom line is when is floyd going to get credit? when he beats shane they going to say oh hes suppose to cuz shane too old and slow and floyd is undefeated he supposed to win.... if he fights pacman and beats him they going to say floyd got a longer reach hes taller he supposed to win...when he beat jmm they said oh floyd came in overweight and jmm isnt a true 147 fighter...theres always an excuse when floyd wins...

anyway ill stop with the debate and let this thread ride out lol... im just going to say im excited about tomorrows fight just like anybody else... and i hope everyone here watches it cuz i will...

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

lmfao...talk about shots fired. woman down woman down! lol no thank you. im going out to watch it. why cant a woman be into boxing? and that comment...tisk tisk tisk you were the last person I would have expected that from. I had higher hopes for you.
grin.gif
How'd you quote it and miss it?
laugh.gif

Look at his post again
what are you talking about. i saw where he said just kidding.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

WHat you mean left cross? Hes orthodox.
You watching that clip?  He throws a straight right and instead of throwing that left cross behind that right hand, he gets out of the way.  What's there not to understand?
Nah, my dude is right. 

From the orthodox stance, that would be considered a hook.  Crosses would be from the right hand.

I hella hated it when I heard people say PacMan knocked out Hatton with a left hook. Nope.  From the southpaw stance, it would be considered a straight, cross, or a overhand. 

I know it doesnt really make sense, but if youve been in the gym with a trainer you would know....
nerd.gif

i get your point and i wont even argue on that... but buttom line is when is floyd going to get credit? when he beats shane they going to say oh hes suppose to cuz shane too old and slow and floyd is undefeated he supposed to win.... if he fights pacman and beats him they going to say floyd got a longer reach hes taller he supposed to win...when he beat jmm they said oh floyd came in overweight and jmm isnt a true 147 fighter...theres always an excuse when floyd wins...

anyway ill stop with the debate and let this thread ride out lol... im just going to say im excited about tomorrows fight just like anybody else... and i hope everyone here watches it cuz i will...

This is like a big circle
laugh.gif
He's gonna get credit when he beats Mosley...cause Mosley is a legit Welterweight and still a top 5 p4p guy...

He's been a welterweight since 05 and he hasn't gotten it in with the best welterweights throughout that time

And I can't believe yall wanna see Floyd fight Berto now...

Berto would get dismantled...he's still way to raw

Its been posted before, and driven home by Gunna, De La Hoya couldnt even take Steve Forbes out at 154 not to mention getting hit by Forbes as well, not sure how much risk was there.

Everybody talking about Floyd gone destroy Shane and %@@$ and I don't see it.

You look at the people Shane lost to, they were longer and taller than he was. I don't remember him losing to anybody smaller than him.
Floyd's good, but can he take a punch? I think we'll see first hand. Has he fought anyone stronger and as quick as he is? No.

but but but but Hatton was bigger than him...Hatton and Mosley shouldn't even be in the same paragraph, let alone sentence.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Its been posted before, and driven home by Gunna, De La Hoya couldnt even take Steve Forbes out at 154 not to mention getting hit by Forbes as well, not sure how much risk was there.

True.  But Floyd is considered a small welter, so making the jump up to 154 IMO, was a huge risk.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Everybody talking about Floyd gone destroy Shane and %@@$ and I don't see it.

You look at the people Shane lost to, they were longer and taller than he was. I don't remember him losing to anybody smaller than him.
Floyd's good, but can he take a punch? I think we'll see first hand. Has he fought anyone stronger and as quick as he is? No.

but but but but Hatton was bigger than him...Hatton and Mosley shouldn't even be in the same paragraph, let alone sentence.
Miguel Cotto

and every guy Shane has lost to, wielded a  good defense  and was able to out box him

laugh.gif
Crooks, mannn it was so obvious that Oscar was  thru during that fight 
     anyone thinking De La Hoya was less than washed up is a fool. please go back and watch the stvie forbes fight where De La Hoya suffered a broken jaw to a 140lb fighter who has zero punching power.

I considered DLH done after he "lost" to Felix Sturm. I still find it a little hard to believe that a lot of people gave him so many rounds when Floyd was blocking a TON of those shots.

BTW, here's a little light reading:

But Mayweather never even pretended to be interested in any of them. Instead, this is the fighters he has faced at welterweight:

• Faded former junior welterweight titlist Sharmba Mitchell in a monumental mismatch.

• Former undisputed champion Zab Judah, who was coming off a loss to journeyman Carlos Baldomir.

• Baldomir, the utterly outclassed but legitimate champion at the time, whom Mayweather understandably faced so he could claim the lineal title.

• Ricky Hatton, the junior welterweight champion who was coming up in weight and had struggled in a previous trip into the division.

• Juan Manuel Marquez, the lightweight champion who jumped up two weight classes to fight Mayweather in the latter's September comeback bout. For that fight, Mayweather, who already had every conceivable advantage, still came in over the contract weight. (Mayweather also fought a fading Oscar De La Hoya in a massive money junior middleweight title bout in 2007, winning a more-difficult-than-expected split decision.)

Judah was SUPPOSED to beat Baldomir. Judah was the man in the weightclass and no one thought he was going to lose. Floyd still went against Judah because everyone knew that was the best fight. After he outclassed (literally) Judah, people were saying PBF still needs to beat Baldomir, he went up with Baldomir and claim the belts.

Dan Rafael's forgets to write that Ricky Hatton was undefeated. And was having trouble making 140, so the welterweight jump was inevitable. Its not like PBF is a huge welter, he's just like Fatton (in terms of size).

During those last 3/4's of 2006: Cotto hadn't made the jump to 147, Shane was fighting Vargas at 154. Floyd was not going to fight them. Margarito, at least from I remembered, was the only one that got "ducked". Floyd turned down millions to fight him.

And with JMM, PBF could have taken on a scrubby Welter for his "tune-up". Instead he took on the man that BEAT PacMan twice.

I am biased. Im a huge Mayweather fan. Its all in the matter of perspective.

This is a dream fight for me. i just wish it happened a couple of years ago. Its hard for me to pick against either of these guys. These are my 2 favorite fighters.

Nobody in the boxing world was saying he needed to beat Baldomir. No one respected that clown as undisputed champ, it was only a matter of which one of the top welters would take it away from him first. Hatton was having a bit of trouble making 140 because of his obscene habits between fights. Collazo whooped his $$$ for 12 rounds. People tend to forget that. Cotto was on the cusp of moving up that year. He beat Paulie in the summer at 140 then moved right up in December to fight Quintana. Shane made the jump then immediately went back down to 147 and fought Collazo but they had a contract out for Margarito for $8mm and didn't take it. He didn't want any piece of Clottey as well back then.

And it doesn't matter about JMM "beating" Manny twice, it matters that he made him jump from 135 (where he only fought twice in his whole career) to 142 and PBF came it at 147.

For the people mentioning Margarito as an opponent Floyd ducked, in hind sight was that not a wise decision? I mean dude is a certified cheater. I'm not trying to be a wise *** btw either, I really want to know people's thoughts.

Don't care who wins...just going to have a hell of a time watching the fight surrounded by good food
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom