Official Mayweather vs. Mosley Thread: Legacy Defining

Yeah, Cotto got Mosley and he was a couple inches shorter. My mistake. I definitely forgot about him.

We'll see, I'm finna pay a $15 cover to see the fight. I hope it's worth it. Boxing needs this.

If you look back now, yea it does look like a smart decision. But IMO it doesn't negate the fact that he ducked one of the top fighters in the division for his biggest payday.

I'm excited but I have a feeling $may will run around the ring the entire fight. Please prove me wrong and box this one out.

As per Dan Rafael, Tommy Hears and Sugar Ray Leonard had a little press conference:

Dan Rafael (1:43 PM)

Freaks, a press conference is about to start here in the media center with Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns to talk about tomorrow's fight. Should be cool to listen in. Afterward, Richard Schaefer said he'd try to come down to my table for a few minutes and take a few questions from the Freaks. He saw Arum in the chat a couple of weeks ago and wants to alos join in our Freak fun, so stay tuned for that shortly.

Dan Rafael (1:45 PM)

By the way -- it's great to see SRL and Tommy right in front of me together on the dais. Just awesome. Ray is speaking and gives Floyd the edge. But he says Shane is a guy who can penetrate Floyd's defense.

Dan Rafael (1:47 PM)

Tommy is now speaking. He says Floyd will come out and try to dominate early by tmoving and that Mayweather will do well with that style but Shane will try to test him and see how well he takes a shot. He said we have not seen Floyd do that yet -- take a big shot.

Dan Rafael (1:49 PM)

The question is how would Floyd do against Ray or Tommy. Tommy says Floyd would be too small for both of them. Now Tommy and Ray are pretending to argue. This is great. Now Ray says Tommy against Mayweather -- Hearns would win. He said, "I don't think anyone could beat Tommy Hearns except for me." Now Hearns is saying he whupped Ray in the rematch. This is hilarious. Ray just admitted Tommy beat him in the rematch.

Dan Rafael (1:52 PM)

Tommy just said he wants to fight Ray again right now and he really wants to "knock his butt out." They having a good time together up there. This is all in fun and everyone in here -- it's crowded now -- is really enjoying this. Tommy just said he is proud to know Ray and they brought the best out of each other.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

You're kidding, Every single Welterweight in the top 10 is a worthy opponent.

dont fall for that BS Floyd sells when he does all this," Paul Williams beat Margarito, & Shane beat margarito who beat Cotto" thats $%%#*%%#

Floyd went out of his way not to fight those guys in the prime of their careers. and then when these very good - great fighters lose to each other he uses the, "well they've got loses their not underfeated" excuse as a reason not to fight them.

Ray Leonard, Duran, Hagler, hearns, Benitez all had losses and all fought each other and are considered Greatest of all times cus they FOUGHT.

and Im not a Floyd Hater nor a Floyd Fanatic. I appreciate his skills but every ounce of criticism he takes, he has earned.
Preach Gunna!!

i really dont see how shane wins. he doesnt jab and he doesnt move his head. his trainer can teach him that stuff and tell him to do it but once the bell rings and punchs start flying a old boxer goes back to his OG style

why i said it could turn into the hatton fight all over is because floyd may just pop shot him and tie hm up for the 1st half of the fight then get mosley throwing wild punchs trying to knock him out and get hit with a bomb like hatton did.

like its been said in this thread mosley as always had trouble with boxers and done great with brawlers.

either way the winner beats manny EASY
laugh.gif

My predictions:

Draw. Or a Split win by Mayweather, then they gonna have a rematch, with Floyd winning the rematch against Shane, then Floyd gonna fight Pacquiao in late 2011. From a business standpoint, it makes the most sense.

Originally Posted by Informerx

My predictions:

Draw. Or a Split win by Mayweather, then they gonna have a rematch, with Floyd winning the rematch against Shane, then Floyd gonna fight Pacquiao in late 2011. From a business standpoint, it makes the most sense.

It would have to be a draw. Moneys my guy, but if he wins by a split he's not giving shane a rematch.

weigh-in vid 
Both guys made weight

MAYWEATHER-MOSLEY WEIGH-IN RESULTS AND PHOTOS 

By Ed de la Vega, DDS
PhilBoxing.com
Sat, 01 May 2010

mosley-may.weighin.01.300w.jpg

The official weigh-in for the Mosley-Mayweather fight was held early this afternoon at the MGM Grand Garden Arena with the members of the public as witnesses to the event. 
[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]The weigh-in was supervised by the Executive Director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Mr.Keith Kizer. 

The results are as follows: 

Sugar Shane Mosley - 147lbs. vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. - 146lbs 

Saul Alvarez - 150lbs vs Jose Miguel Cotto - 149lbs 

Daniel Ponce de Leon - 125lbs vs Cornelius Lock - 125lbs 

Top photo: Mayweather-Mosley weighin. 

alvarez-cotto.weighin.300w.jpg

Saul Alvarez (L) and Miguel Cotto (R). 

deleon-lock.weighin.300w.jpg

Proshares wrote
laugh.gif
he is ducking people in general ever since he moved up to 147.  No one is questioning his lower weight class fights, he fought the best at 130 and 135.  But you can't claim to be the best at 147, duck every single top 10 contender and fight guys like JMM, Ricky Hatton, DLH, Mitchell and Gatti.  Baldomir and Judah had all the belts but were never top flight at 147.  No one here is hating on Floyd, just simply calling him out for ducking the top fighters at 147 for the time he has been fighting there.  I hate when people call that hating.  He turned down $8mm, his biggest payday, to fight Margarito.
pimp.gif
thank you

Rooting for Shane but find it hard to see him winning.

I just think that Mayweather is faster, quicker and has underrated pop. Mosley's tough but I think he's easy to pick apart, especially for an accurate puncher like Floyd.

I'm giving Shane a shot just cuz he got Naazim Richardson in his corner.

is this going to be streaming online somehwere?

what time will the money may fight start?

can't wait.

i bet if mayweather wins, critics/haters will say " he beat a 38 year old mosely". shame.
good luck on both.

Man I really want to watch this fight so bad but unfortunately I have work.

I'll Paypal anyone $20 if they can hit me up with a recorded PPV of the fight. please
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom