**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

The fact that Back To Back is considerd "bodying" somebody shows how low the bar is now. :lol:

Ether
Takeover
Hit Em Up
No Vaseline
50's Ja rule disses

Those were strong diss records.

Hit Em Up is still number one for me. Ether is number two.

Gucci's The Truth is top 5 for me. So disrespectful.

Back to Back is a club song, a single. It was cool, had some funny lines but it was soft. It was like that kid that's about to get beat up so he tries to tell a few jokes to make people laugh before it gets ugly. I can't listen to a diss song like that, just not my type of record.

I think Back to Back being considered bodying shows how weak Meek was, it was just way better than Meeks track, nothing to do with rap nowadays.

Seems like dudes ignoring Drake just had the better diss to fit their narrative.

Im sorry I despise drake and his fraudulent ways, but when I heard back to back I was like damn meek :lol:
I thought Nikki was gon leave him that night

Hit em up was so disrespectful, nothing can top that. I got real mutha****** G's at #2.
The most disrespectful beef line ever was what ja rule said to eminems daughter :smh:

Last edited:
Take ether off that list playboy

Back to back > ether

I won't tolerate this NAS slander man....Hov in your Avy thinking about what went wrong when Esco dropped ether :lol: :smh:

And I know it's fun to hate on Drake...but damn man. Give credit where it's due. Back to back was an above average to average diss. It severed its purpose.

Gucci's Truth diss ranks up there though. Cold

How we gonna say ether was full of elementary school disses but back to back wasn't? :lol: cmon man. It was OK, but people overrated the **** out of it. Hot 97 even ranked it top 5 and did 1 gotta go between takeover, ether, b2b and hit em up and u would be shocked what people said. Jermaine Dupri and Xzibit had a better exchange than Meek and drake. Gucci vs jeezy was better, Joe vs ransom, Mr fab vs Royse I could go on for days yet people wanna gas b2b like that just ended Meek life. Ether had ya boy Jay (in my tax voice) befuddled.

I was one of the few that liked Meek's diss. That beat was hard as **** and I loved the clip he used of the reference tracks. It felt like a diss records, Drake's felt like I needed to go to a club or something. Meek's record was still underwhelming though. Could have been much better. Should have had a writer.

After taking a week to make it expected nothing less than ether from that *****. The beat was hard, felt disrespectful, but the bars were underwhelming. Had he dropped that immediately I don't think or we'll I hope he wouldn't have gotten killed the way he did. The puffy part, reference tracks was the best part but he not creative at all. He should've found a way to talk about homie getting pissed on in the song.

Yeah, it was very underwhelming. Could have been 100x better but Meek not creative, he's not lyrical. Guy talking about his rollie and **** in a ****** diss record. Hahahahaha, I mean why???

The Truth was cold. I thought some **** was gonna pop off after that.

Hit Em Up was just ugly. :x

I'm not say Back to Back was trash. It was a nice lil diss. I'm just use to disrespectful/aggressive/lyrical diss tracks.

Take ether off that list playboy

Back to back > ether

Stop. :lol:

Ether was a serious. Had everybody at Rocafella depressed that day. Last Real _ Alive was good too.

Yeah, it was very underwhelming. Could have been 100x better but Meek not creative, he's not lyrical. Guy talking about his rollie and **** in a ****** diss record. Hahahahaha, I mean why???

Not to be that guy but drake rapped about his Rollie in charged up (which was a horrible diss record) and we all let that slide.

Back to back is a nice song. As a diss record it gets a D- or F+. Everything he said was either "funny" or something we all knew already. "Is that a world tour or your girls tour?" It's called the Pinkprint Tour so it isn't like that was a groundbreaking bar. I'll say that back to back had one really good bar (the open up more bar) and that Drake didn't say a thing about meek for the first minute to minute and a half. The hype machine (read: Internet) got behind it and made that song what it was/is.

The fact that Back To Back is considerd "bodying" somebody shows how low the bar is now.
laugh.gif

Ether
Takeover
Hit Em Up
No Vaseline
50's Ja rule disses

Those were strong diss records.
I still say Meek got bodied by social media, not Drake.
I remember being in a dispensary a week after back to back dropped.  They had a reggie strain in there named "Meek Mill".  That's when I knew **** had gotten completely out of hand, and it was wayyyy past music.

Drake stans did that dumb **** by calling it a great diss like Ether.

I can't stand Drake stans...but I really didn't see too much of that.

Back to back was a cool lil diss man. It served its purpose. The Drake haters be going to far out their way to not give dude credit sometimes.

I don't eem like dude...but ***** be fronting on EVERYTHING he does :lol:. Meek ***** up. Drake saw the opportunity, gave a good effort. Social media ran with it. That's it.

Drake stans did that dumb **** by calling it a great diss like Ether.

I can't stand Drake stans...but I really didn't see too much of that.

Back to back was a cool lil diss man. It served its purpose. The Drake haters be going to far out their way to not give dude credit sometimes.

I don't eem like dude...but ***** be fronting on EVERYTHING he does :lol:. Meek ***** up. Drake saw the opportunity, gave a good effort. Social media ran with it. That's it.

From hot97 comparing it to great records to the Internet calling it a great diss people definitely went overboard with the praise. I thought it was smart for him to make something that was catchy but it ain't no "bodying" "cold" type of record.

I bought Drake first 2 albums, still listen to his music before If Your Reading This so I'm definitely not a Drake hater. :lol:

From hot97 comparing it to great records to the Internet calling it a great diss people definitely went overboard with the praise. I thought it was smart for him to make something that was catchy but it ain't no "bodying" "cold" type of record.

I bought Drake first 2 albums, still listen to his music before If Your Reading This so I'm definitely not a Drake hater.
laugh.gif
My list of Greatest Diss Records:

1. Hit 'Em Up

2. Ether

3. No Vaseline 

4. The Bridge is Over

5. Jack the Ripper

Back
Top Bottom