Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by AG 47

I was telling my gf earlier to that Miami has the best player on the court...but then I paused because I'm not sure that's true anymore. Both Durant and LeBron are so good, that coaching may play the biggest role in this series. Which side can get their guy clean looks and easy shots. Should be fun.
No it's ok, it's still true

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I was telling my gf earlier to that Miami has the best player on the court...but then I paused because I'm not sure that's true anymore. Both Durant and LeBron are so good, that coaching may play the biggest role in this series. Which side can get their guy clean looks and easy shots. Should be fun.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

but Bosh's ability to hit those jumpers will be important in spacing the floor and giving Lebron/Wade a passing option when they attack, plus Ibaka or Perkins will need to stay close and won't be able to contest at the rim as easily.

Not to mention all he has to do is pump fake a couple times and Ibaka will get sent to the bench with quick fouls.

If Wade or Lebron get in fould trouble it will make things tough. I don't see any of the heat big men being able to defend the rim. Ibaka is just as capable of making an outside jumper or driving to the whole. Bosh was only open due to the celtics not having a bench and KG having to play inside and out. Hopefully the better team will win I don't ever recall a team winning the finals with out decent big men. Thunder may just be too deep, young, and fast in all reality.

The League got their big money maker since the Kobe vs Lebron campaign so I'm sure Stern is happy. The refs will dictate this series no matter what so I'm not expecting anything short of close games up to 6 where the first one to win away wins it all

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

If Wade or Lebron get in fould trouble it will make things tough. I don't see any of the heat big men being able to defend the rim. Ibaka is just as capable of making an outside jumper or driving to the whole. Bosh was only open due to the celtics not having a bench and KG having to play inside and out. Hopefully the better team will win I don't ever recall a team winning the finals with out decent big men. Thunder may just be too deep, young, and fast in all reality.
The Heat have Bosh, he's decent to say the very least, so there's the big man. For all the talk of Miami lacking enough size, they still managed to be 4th in the league in defense this season. If OKC wins, they'd be the rare case of a team not being top ten in defense to win.. granted they're 11th, but it's interesting to note.

Bosh is far from a big man and a lousy defender. 4th in the East we all know of the beast in the west. Tuesday. Until then i'm out like lebron in the fourth quarter.

2ce3cj4.jpg

Hi. My name is LeClown.

Screen-Shot-2012-05-15-at-9.26.11-AM.png

Did someone say clown?

this trend needs to stop. it's destroying basketball.

I didn't say Bosh protected the rim, but he said the Heat don't have any decent big men.. and that's not true.

My breakdown....

Scott brooks is a good coach, to anyone tihnking otherwise smfh.

Honestly i think this series comes down to harden. if harden can average 17-20 its over for the heat. i'm not even worrying about bosh, ibaka/perkins will keep him in check (he's not no dirk/duncan).

We know durant and lebron are gonna bring their usual dominance/consistency every game.

Wade and westbrook are the same inconsistent out of control player to me.

Turiaff Anthony and Haslem you pick your poison. Or Pittman
roll.gif
. They will be exposed. I'd say OKC is alot more talented then the Dallas team that won last year.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

lebron will easily be the best player on the court, by a lot.  durant will be the best and most pure scorer tho.  I expect durant to do alot of the intangibles that he's been doing the whole playoffs though.   should be an interesting matchup.  no way on earth lebron stops durantula.  he just cant. not his fault, kd is just that good.

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

Turiaff Anthony and Haslem you pick your poison. Or Pittman
roll.gif
. They will be exposed. I'd say OKC is alot more talented then the Dallas team that won last year.
To expose them would imply that there are people who think those are great big men. And who is saying that?

Don't put words in my mouth they will be exposed clearly because they have under sized centers and power forwards.Since when has expose mean great or decent? I'm done you are most definitely someone who wears basketball shoes and doesn't even play basketball. Good Night.

i feel okc can take advantage in the paint. boston wasnt really a big team and they were bad on the boards. i think okc presents problems inside for miami.

laugh.gif
@ glasses with no lenses ruining basketball. Son you need to calm down.

If Miami role players hit their 3s this series will go 7

If Miami don't hit their 3s. This series end in 5 .

When did Ibaka become david robinson? Dude averaged 5.9 rpg this postseason. He is a watered down Ben Wallace with an occasional 10-12 ft jumper.

MIA in 6.

I'll take the best player, the 2 best perimeter players and most importantly the better defense. In OKC's 4 wins against the Spurs they gave up 97 ppg. Parker didn't even play well the last few games. Ginobli avg only 16 ppg during the 4 OKC wins and 3 of the 4 games went down to the wire. You think D-Wade won't atleast give you Ginobli numbers? The Spurs much like the C's ran out of gas. 

Bosh will be the most skilled player Ibaka has covered this postseason. If an over the hill duncan can get Perk and Ibaka in foul trouble why can't bosh? Bosh should be pump fakin as soon as he gets off the team bus. Lord knows Perk, Nazr nor Collison can guard him. KD will get his numbers and RW will get his but he will undoubtedly have 4-5 TO thus minimizing his effectiveness. Harden is the key. If Wade and company can keep him around 14-17 they should be good.

Team depth is over-rated. All MIA needs from battier, miller, jones, chalmers is timely shooting. UD/Joel will give the rebounding and defensive toughness.

Not saying this means a lot but I think it means something. Wade, Chalmers, Battier, Miller, and UD have all played for college teams the made deep postseason runs if not won a Nat'l title. Cook and Ivey are the only ones of consequence from OKC with that distinction. What does that mean? It means I will also take the team who has played in these types of atmospheres before. I like a team that can handle themselves in crisis. I'm not saying OKC can't or won't handle it, I will just lean on the guys that have.

Back
Top Bottom