Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Thunder defeated the Spurs, Lakers and Mavericks. All of whom were the past 3 champions.
You do the math.
Didn't the Celtics win 2008?

Yup 2007-2008, right after the Spurs.

Pretty amped for this series
pimp.gif

Pulling for OKC but if LBJ and Co. win it then i aint eem mad

Should be a good one. Durantula
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

...what's really wrong with Mike Miller?
nerd.gif

nagging injuries, mainly his back. He can't even sit on the bench, he has to lay on the ground.  Reports are saying he might retire, which as a Heat fan, I kind of hope he does.  I respect his game but he just hasn't given the Heat what they pay him for.  We could amnesty him after the season and use the MLE on a center.  
As far as the series, I have no idea what is going to happen.  Thunder are a great team and the Heat are the underdogs coming into a series for the first time since the Big 3 came together.  

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

nerd.gif

nagging injuries, mainly his back. He can't even sit on the bench, he has to lay on the ground.  Reports are saying he might retire, which as a Heat fan, I kind of hope he does.  I respect his game but he just hasn't given the Heat what they pay him for.  We could amnesty him after the season and use the MLE on a center.  
As far as the series, I have no idea what is going to happen.  Thunder are a great team and the Heat are the underdogs coming into a series for the first time since the Big 3 came together.  
laugh.gif
,  ESPN has been telling us how dominant and great this team is since the trades were announced.  Nike, ESPN, and the NBA have been "all chips in" on Lebron since he came in the league.  OKC is the underdog in this fight- no questions about it.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
,  ESPN has been telling us how dominant and great this team is since the trades were announced.  Nike, ESPN, and the NBA have been "all chips in" on Lebron since he came in the league.  OKC is the underdog in this fight- no questions about it.
It's just my opinion, man.  I'm not the voice of any of those businesses you just mentioned.

nerd.gif

...ah okay. i heard about the retirement thing, i just never knew what was wrong with him because he's clearly in a great deal of pain. hats off to him for being able to still hit those shots though.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

*sigh*

.....if only people like you can find it in yourself to turn ESPN off  
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
It's just my opinion, man.  I'm not the voice of any of those businesses you just mentioned.
I do agree that the Heat are the underdogs in this match up. OKC is a more stacked team that the Heat, that we could all agree on. The way I see it, this series it the Thunder's to lose. 

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Vegas has OKC as the favorites and on the ESPN nba finals series page, the majority of the "analysts" picked the Thunder.

So yeah, I would say they're underdogs.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Well Vegas has the line at OKC -5 ... so at least for betting purposes... they are the underdogs.

Furthermore I would say that they are as far a populare opinion/analyst go as well. I have heard more people say OKC in 6 than I care to recall.  Its almost like no one other than Mia fans are giving them a chance in this series.

Don't let facts get in the way of pushing your agenda. Miami is def the underdog in this series. Doesn't matter though, the best team will win @ the end of the day.

Can't wait.

Somebody in here said that if you stop Miami's transition, you will beat them. That's totally false and whoever said that didn't see the Boston series.
Add to the fact, OKC's style is shooting jumpers...long rebounds lead to transition points. If the Heat can play solid defense, they will win games.

Not to mention, the team with the best player usually wins. I feel like I'm changing my prediction
laugh.gif

The only reason the thunder are favored on ESPN is because they wanna have their excuses in order.

All ive been hearing is why you should like and root for the heat and if you don't you're a meanie poo. Breen and JVG doing their all every single broadcast to make you ease up on the heat

Why do ppl keep bringing up who OKC beat in the previous rounds? It looks nice on the resume I guess but.....

It means nothing in THIS particular series.

They basically "out-athleted" Dallas, LA, and SA.

That advantage is probably gone in this series. OKC doesn't run great offense (theyre an ISO team on steroids) and I expect them to turn the ball over A LOT which plays right into Miami's strengths.

Pains me, but Bron is gettin. #1.. He may not deserve it, but he needs to become elite ... Been too long.. That being said I would be happier with a Thunder title

[h1]Finals preview: When Miami has the ball[/h1]
Spoiler [+]
I’ve provided my big-picture analysis and a Finals prediction (Oklahoma City in seven) in this SI.com roundtable, and given a list of things to watch when the Thunder have the ball. Now we shift to the other side of the floor. Here’s a look at some key factors when the Heat have the ball:
 Big vs. small

This is one of the fundamental questions looming over the series from the Heat’s perspective: Do they want to play primarily with LeBron James at power forward, as they did for much of Chris Bosh’s absence, or do they want to play with two big men on the floor, as they did during their monster run to finally quash the Celtics in Game 7 on Saturday? Both sorts of lineups will obviously see major time, and coach Erik Spoelstra might just end up splitting the 48 minutes between them.

But beginning immediately with his choice of starting lineup, Spoelstra has a chance to force the issue in this series. If Spoelstra goes small, with Bosh or Udonis Haslem as the only big man among the starters, Thunder coach Scott Brooks will have to decide whether he’s comfortable playing extended minutes big against small. He could still match up guards Russell Westbrook and Thabo Sefolosha and small forward Kevin Durant against three Miami perimeter players — James and guards Mario Chalmers and Dwyane Wade — but one of his big men would have to float around the three-point arc defending Shane Battier.

The Thunder are a dynamite small-ball team when they remove one big man and shift Durant to power forward, but the Heat with James are every bit their equal. In the regular-season matchups, a tiny two-game sample size, the Heat were plus-19 against Oklahoma City in about 17 minutes with James at power forward, with 15:30 of that time coming in Miami’s April 4 win, per these game flows.

Going small also offers Miami better spacing for its more motion-based offensive sets. The Heat’s core offense includes a lot of plays in which Wade or James comes off screens in the corner and darts toward the middle. Bosh can serve as the trigger man on those plays by holding the ball above the foul line and making the first key pass. If he’s doing that and the Heat have no other big man on the court, the Thunder will have to stretch their defense very thin to contain that action. Helping far off Bosh is a no-no, given his top-shelf jumper, and helping off anyone else involves leaving a shooter (Battier) or shooter/driver (Chalmers) with space to work.

There are potential downsides to leaning on small-ball. Miami forfeits some degree of rim protection, though James and Wade are so good as helpers that the Heat — despite their alleged size issues — held opponents to just 55.5 percent shooting within 5 feet of the basket this season, the second stingiest mark in the league, per NBA.com’s stats tool. They might also suffer on the defensive glass against an aggressive offensive rebounding team. But the Heat’s small lineups have cleaned up their defensive rebounding issues in the playoffs (thanks largely to James’ uptick in rebounding), and the Thunder might be more cautious than usual in crashing the boards against Miami’s dangerous fast break.

The Heat closed Game 7 against Boston with a big lineup — James, Wade, Battier, Bosh and Haslem — that could work well in this series. That unit, which made its playoff debut on Saturday, places all three of Miami’s best perimeter defenders on the floor at once to counter Westbrook, Durant and Harden. Unless the Thunder are content to have Durant guard Haslem — and they probably are fine with that — it could force Sefolosha off the floor.

So many interesting rotation questions right off the bat, all with big implications for the Heat’s spacing on offense — and the Thunder’s response to it.

Discipline and commitment to motion

The Heat pulled away from Boston in Game 7 with the good kind of isolations: primarily James attacking a mismatch against Brandon Bass off the dribble, and either dunking or creating for others after blowing by the Celtics’ power forward. But after James’ huge three-pointer with 5:44 left, Miami nearly shot Boston back into the game by settling for contested long jumpers until Spoelstra wisely stopped the action, practically sprinting to mid-court and calling a 20-second timeout.

This has been a pattern with Miami all season: Its offense goes through long stretches of stagnancy until Spoelstra calls timeout, reminds the stars how to best play basketball and calls a play or two to use on the next couple of possessions. The stagnancy isn’t exactly the “your turn, my turn

which do you think was more difficult? okc being down 2-0 but getting the next two games at home or the heat being down 3-2 and game 6 was back in boston? tough choice but, i think the heat's situation was harder, being on the road in an elimination game.

also, i didn't realize that westbrook was 2nd team all nba and d-wade was 3rd team. just a lot of food for thought when everyone is comparing the two teams.

going to be a great series but i think the heat steal one in okc and win the series, if lebron REALLY wants this championship i think he can have it, he just has to realize he needs to be the one to win the games and not defer to others. interesting note that his career high in the finals is only 25, and last year he average 17 in the finals including an 8 pt game.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Pains me, but Bron is gettin. #1.. He may not deserve it, but he needs to become elite ... Been too long

i do think he will get one before his career is done and i would rather him get it now, so the media and everyone shuts up about the situation and the spotlight can also be on the other stars in the nba. most people should want him to get his ring, so that every five minutes on espn or other sports news can focus on other stories. once he gets one, the media will not be so uptight on the second ring. 

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Pains me, but Bron is gettin. #1.. He may not deserve it, but he needs to become elite ... Been too long.. That being said I would be happier with a Thunder title

laugh.gif
let go man, all you folk in Ohio need to let it go.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Somebody in here said that if you stop Miami's transition, you will beat them. That's totally false and whoever said that didn't see the Boston series.
Add to the fact, OKC's style is shooting jumpers...long rebounds lead to transition points. If the Heat can play solid defense, they will win games.

Not to mention, the team with the best player usually wins. I feel like I'm changing my prediction
laugh.gif

At the end of the day Miami is a much better team than Boston and not many even expected boston to make it past 6 games, alot even had Miami in 5, and the fact that they took them to 7 and had a legitimate shot at winning the series does say something about stopping Miami in transition. I know you said usually but if that bolded part was true LeBron woulda won both times he went to the finals, just saying
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom