Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Heat/Bron haters think this series is over? already making up excuses in case the Heat pull through tonight.  Is the hate really that strong?  Excuses before the game is played?

Im asking for the refs to be like the first half of last game. Don't turn on a switch and change everything again. This isn't kings lakers. Or 06 miami. But it's there and noticeable. The young thunder don't "deserve" it.

bron gave up the better than MJ argument when he quit and joined two superstars. Media will play the MJ card for ratings. He has no shot. Whatsoever. Pretty sure there are people out there that think magic is better than MJ though.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Im asking for the refs to be like the first half of last game. Don't turn on a switch and change everything again.

Yup, the refs let both teams bang - it was actually entertaining up until halftime.

it's not that they dont get the whistle. it's that their star players never committ a foul, while durant is basically getting no love from the ref. it's one thing to whistle james jones, mike miller, but wade and bron never committ a foul and play so physical.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Heats still get the * for the shortened season...

Talk to me when you guys take the chip in a real season.

Question though, if it was OKC that wins the 'chip... would you still consider it an *? Let's say it's your team that won, would you still consider the *?

Originally Posted by donmega

Question though, if it was OKC that wins the 'chip... would you still consider it an *? Let's say it's your team that won, would you still consider the *?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Im asking for the refs to be like the first half of last game. Don't turn on a switch and change everything again.
OKC Personal fouls in G4 First half: 8

MIA Personal fouls in 64 First Half:  7

OKC Personal fouls in G4 2nd half: 10 (excluding the 2 intentional fouls at the end)

MIA Personal Fouls in G4 2nd half: 11

What in the hell are you talking about?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Nobody discredits the Spurs' lockout shortened season championship. In less games no less. Peeps shouldn't discredit this one. Whoever wins.

donmega:
MoonMan818:

I always say this in defense of the Spurs in '99. I know, I'm a Lakers fan and I'm supposed to hate the Spurs and never defend them or whatever, but the "Shortened season in '99; doesn't count" logic is type ******ed.
laugh.gif
They played the same season everyone else played. Went through the same playoffs everyone else did. Won the championship that every other team had the opportunity to appear in. Why doesn't that count? And all the folks saying that, would they say it if their team won? Nnnnoope. My fellow Laker brethren, would they be like 'Nah, we really only have 15 chips; '99 doesn't count'? HAYL nah.
laugh.gif

So because it was even its right? Westbrook was driving to the hole over and over and go 3 free throws. I saw them throwing their body into him.

They were letting Miami manhandle them on defense while okc wasn't allowed to play physical in the third quarter. Watch battier on Durant. Him and bron are holding him on many many plays. Straight grabbing his arm.

The free throws aren't as important as stopping the flow and not letting one team play defense. The third quarter was disgusting.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

donmega:
MoonMan818:

I always say this in defense of the Spurs in '99. I know, I'm a Lakers fan and I'm supposed to hate the Spurs and never defend them or whatever, but the "Shortened season in '99; doesn't count" logic is type ******ed.
laugh.gif
They played the same season everyone else played. Went through the same playoffs everyone else did. Won the championship that every other team had the opportunity to appear in. Why doesn't that count? And all the folks saying that, would they say it if their team won? Nnnnoope. My fellow Laker brethren, would they be like 'Nah, we really only have 15 chips; '99 doesn't count'? HAYL nah.
laugh.gif

i never understood how a season with less practices, less rest time, more travel, less time to build chemistry, less time to recoup from a injury, less room for error and lost games,( a 20 lost season is faaaaaaaaaar more significant in a season with less games.) is easier to win in then a long drawn out season? Like it makes no sense from an logical aspect. It be like saying you have abetter chance making more shots with less opportunities. ala a player gets 10 shots vs. a player getting 50 shots. Someone please explain the reasoning and logic behind this thought process.

So because it was even its right?
No, officiating has never been 100% right in any game in the history of the NBA.

Excluding intentionals, MIA was whistled for more personal fouls in the second half of a game where OKC was leading at halftime, and the Heat won the game.

The point that keeps flying over your head is that there have been missed calls on both ends just like every game in the history of the sport, but to say that the refs are blatantly favoring the Heat is comical.

OKC by 15.. but if the Heat do win and they go to LIV after (already got a text from my promoter that theyll be there if they win) ill laugh. 
They can't celebrate in the same place Dallas did last year after whoopin the Heat, who agrees?

Originally Posted by Lokillo40

OKC by 15.. but if the Heat do win and they go to LIV after (already got a text from my promoter that theyll be there if they win) ill laugh. 
They can't celebrate in the same place Dallas did last year after whoopin the Heat, who agrees?
They're grown #@% men.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by SHUGES

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Nobody discredits the Spurs' lockout shortened season championship. In less games no less.   
What's that?

Have we met?  First day on NT?  Welcome aboard. 

Originally Posted by BlackMomo

only way OKC wins is if Durant plays like himself. Westbrook needs to facilitate to win.
He been averaging a quiet 30 ppg in the finals.. They need Harden to play like himself.

Wait now harden is injured? Collision should be getting consisten play. Also feel like ibaka is overrated.

ill steelo:
to say that the refs are blatantly favoring the Heat is comical.
I see the trap, but I still want to step on it.
laugh.gif

Are SHUGES, Big J, Pro, JD, or Xtra watching?

Yeah?

I'm cool then.

Both teams played hard.

Back
Top Bottom