Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Bless your soul, Dre. Good luck and godspeed.
laugh.gif
Nah, I'm about to go play NCAA. Just felt like arguing and wasting time as work winded down. I already know how these things go

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I saw Bron get the ball at the top of the key multiple times in the 4th when the game was still close. He didn't look off his game at all. He either missed, made a bad pass, or made the shot and got fouled. Other than that I saw him take errant jumpers.

If anything Wade took shots cuz Bron was not being aggressive enough. Wade was out there matching what KD was trying to do. Bron aint attempt that at all.

On another note,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ how many times I seen Chalmers laid out on the floor trying to sell an offensive foul, flopping around like a fish.
how so when outside of the 2nd quarter, lebron from a stat point amongst other things had his best quarter, while wade had his worst. Sounds clearly like hate to me. Wade wasnt trying to match KD. That doesnt even make sense. He was pretty much ice cold the entire game, so why keep shooting more jumpers. The only time he was effective, was when he was driving, if he so called wanted to match KD he should have gone with what was working and that was penetrating and drawing/looking to draw the file. Its like especially with wade they get away with what works for them and start playing hero ball (mostly wade again)
What sounds like hate?

Wade was trying to match KD effort wise. He was guarding a good amount of the time when he went off in the 4th. He was one trying to get his team going cuz they were cold and maybe got a lil caught up in that but it honestly did not hold back Bron who was very passive in the 4th. Son stood around and watched Wade do his thing, didn't cut, didn't go hard for rebounds or anything like that when he didn't have the ball. Son was not aggressive enough. This is what ppl are talking about after game 6 in ECF. He needs to be focused every game like he was then. When he missed a shot he didn't just start passing the ball like a hot potato or stop shooting he kept going at it. This game he seemed fine to let Wade do him.

I can blame Wade for being cold but not knock how he went about it cuz it wasn't like it was all ball hogging.
Exactly.  Bron needs to get better at playing off wade like wade does off him more consistently if hes gonna defer to him down the stretch (although he shouldn't in games like tonight when hes playing well). 
I'm talking about one of the best defenders in the league not stepping up to the plate and taking the challenge of shutting down his matchup. Dude just doesn't know how to take full advantage of his capabilities.

But he guarded 1-5, how is that not taking full advantage of his capabilities? 
by not atleast trying to focus on shutting down either 1 of the 2-5 that were cookin

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Russ worries me. Guy is the goods but damn he shoots a lot. Kinda of a loose cannon at times. Seems like he'll flip on KD one day.
Don't hold your breath on that

Alot of have people have been waiting on that from day 1 of the playoffs....and they're still waiting

Oh I wont. He just seems like he'll snap one day.We can say Wade needs to do more but can he?

Wade pretty much played how I thought Russy would. A lot of shots that weren't in rhythm and working the iso without swinging the ball, until the shot clock was low.

That was just Game 1. A lot of adjustments to be made. Series hasn't really started yet, as the sports punditocracy says. Let's all calm down. OKC had a much bigger letdown in Game 1 of the WCF.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by onewearz

stephen a smith black icing ?

laugh.gif

looks like he used mascara

You think? This dude's hairline starts tomorrow. If he is icing, he needs more bottles. Just go ahead and cop the Costco sized family pack with the automatic subscribe and ship to keep his supply ample. He wasn't lacking for haterade though.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
NOOOOOO!!!!!! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

im cryin' 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

KD has 4 game winners in the playoffs this year. 
How many GW opportunities did the Heat have in the playoffs? idr
The "clutch gene" is lacking in Lebron.
You're sounding like Skip Bayless.....which isn't a good thing.

I guess I will keep sounding like Skip, as long as Lebron disappears in the fourth, and goes another year with out a ring. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

What is the point value he needs to attain to say he 'stepped it up' in the 4th ?
More than the skinny guy other other team. It's more than points though he wasn't even setting anyone up. There were long periods where I had to look for him to find him.
But I thought y'all wanted him to drop 20 in the 4th?

If he isn't gonna go off, then set everyone up. He should go to the hoop on almost every play. Drive get fouled, or draw the double team and kick it to the open man. I see him in space hovering around the 3 point line too much. Point blank he got outplayed by Durant in the 4th. So there isnt much to argue againt. It's just one game.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

That was just Game 1. A lot of adjustments to be made. Series hasn't really started yet, as the sports punditocracy says. Let's all calm down. OKC had a much bigger letdown in Game 1 of the WCF.

But the Spurs are a way better team then the Heat.

I guess I will keep sounding like Skip, as long as Lebron disappears in the fourth, and goes another year with out a ring. 
wink.gif
And just like Skip you'll be a troll because he appeared more than he dissapeared all year
laugh.gif

There's no player like Russ in the league. This guy goes 120% no matter what. The impact of this on his team is so underrated it's not even funny. He has the Kobe attitude (not talent, just the 'I-don't-give-a-damn-I'll-do-whatever-I-want' mentality that allows him to shoot midrange jumpers when KD has gone for 20 straight)

dwade is my fav player in the league but man he is STRUGGLING. way too much hesitation... he fakes every jump shot he takes and takes 3 seconds for the defender to close out on his wide open 3s. he needs to go back to 06 finals mode and average 35 a game.

4th quarter:

Lebron 7 points (2/5), 2rebounds 1assist
Wade 7 points (3/6), 2 assists.

2nd half
Lebron 16 points (6/12), 5 boards, 2 assists
Wade 13 points (4/11), 3 boards, 3 assists

Not nearly as much Wade's fault as some of you try to make it out..

It is his fault to an extent. But nowhere near 100%

Anyway Thunder need Game 2. If they drop Game 2, Game 1 doesn't matter at all

Wade does that stupid pump fake and attempt to launch at the defender every time he picks up the ball, even when he passes, just to see if he can bait the defender into leaving their feet and get a cheap one.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

But the Spurs are a way better team then the Heat.

Alright then. Keep typing and hitting post about how this one game confirms your worldview. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

wink.gif
And just like Skip you'll be a troll because he appeared more than he dissapeared all year
laugh.gif

There isn't much to say about disappearing in the first 3 rounds after the last 2 years. But he still needs to step up in the finals and we haven't seen it. Plenttttty of time for it to happen. But people don't make these things up. Sure it's exaggerated but the fact is he's noticeably worse in his finals career

It was the late run by Westbrook in the late 3rd that did us in. We had a lead and had been maintaining it all game. They went up entering the 4th and gained all momentum and we completely caved. We needed to nip that run right in the bud and maintain our lead till the 4th...

With that said $**% !

But it was a great game.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Once the athleticism gone. Dwade = trash . Same with Legone

Hold on guys. You're forgetting what these guys did over the past few weeks. Its game 1. Relax.

Originally Posted by Essential1

4th quarter:

Lebron 7 points (2/5), 2rebounds 1assist
Wade 7 points (3/6), 2 assists.

2nd half
Lebron 16 points (6/12), 5 boards, 2 assists
Wade 13 points (4/11), 3 boards, 3 assists

Not nearly as much Wade's fault as some of you try to make it out..
The timing of those misses are everything, particularly in the 3rd quarter.

Back
Top Bottom