Official Miami Heat Offseason Thread: EPIC OFFSEASON! YES WE DID!

You know what? I dont even want LeBron James...If you watch that allstar game from a few months ago you could see that there werent enough touches for Bron and Wade as each was fiending for the pass from the other when they were both on the floor..Now Chris Bosh/Amare Stoudemaire is a totally different story.. Wade + dominant Center + decent shooting guard will work as we saw in '06...With Joe Johnsons poor playoff performance we might be able to get him for a decent amount and I dont think Bosh/Amare is worth the max so I hope any of those scenarios end up playing out...

nice to see this thread get going... more heat fans then i expected from the usual.... since i never see most in game threads... i just hope you guys dont start acting like !$@ holes like other fans *cough* lakers/cavs fans *cough* ( some are cool though )
my 4 year old son already has a black wade jersey, now he wants a red one... he will tell you to your face wade is better then kobe..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Anybody order the we want wade fankit ?

i dont live in florida... so if anyone is willing to help a heat fan out, im willing to pay for shipping and a little on the side for going through the trouble...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Anybody order the we want wade fankit ?

i dont live in florida... so if anyone is willing to help a heat fan out, im willing to pay for shipping and a little on the side for going through the trouble...

I would if I had another address to ship to. 

Would love the combo of Wade, Bosh, J. Johnson and the trade to bring in a pg like Felton

Man if miami manages to re-sign wade and bring in 2 elite players, then they might just be scary good come next season. They'll definitely give the magic a run for their money in the southeast division. 

Originally Posted by rawjs

Would love the combo of Wade, Bosh, J. Johnson and the trade to bring in a pg like Felton

i would like to have that line up also.... resign, wright, qrich, haslem, joel anthony.... can/will bosh play a little center?... how much is felton asking for?

Originally Posted by BangDak

10-13 mil, after signing Bosh + JJ?

i wont count wade, since i know you're allowed to go over the cap for your own players, but thats insane...

No, it includes Wade.

I also love the no state income tax benefit! Which is basically more cap space!

i would like to have that line up also.... resign, wright, qrich, haslem, joel anthony.... can/will bosh play a little center?... how much is felton asking for?
Not sure on Felton.  Think he made about $5 mil or so this year.  I think Bosh can play like a 4-5 type player for us.  I agree with you on resigning anthony and haslem.  Qrich is obviously going to have to lower his salary.  I don't know what to think of Wright.  He came on a little, but I'm not a huge fan of his.  It also doesn't help (and not his fault), but everytime I hear Wright's name, the first thing that pops in my head is us drafting him over J. Nelson

J. Johson got paid 15mill this year... do you think he will ask for more money or is willing to take less to play for a title contending team?

If we sign Wade, Bosh & JJ, you can saw bye bye to UD. Q & Wright might stay for the vet min

@young triz by the way the hawks exited the playoffs, he probably wants a payback with a better team.

Originally Posted by h3at23

If we sign Wade, Bosh & JJ, you can saw bye bye to UD. Q & Wright might stay for the vet min

i thought that we can sign a player that is on the current roster while going over the cap? oh yeah i would only sign qrich for vet min. or wright for cheap... he better give us a discount for keeping him on the squad while he was injured...

QRich wouldnt matter if you were to get JJ, but that would be a good team if they were able to resign Haslem and Wright.

However, i feel like this is a dream scenario
laugh.gif

Miami HEAT Team Salary

Player Option
/ Early Termination Option / Team Option / Qualifying Offer / Non-guaranteed
[table][tr][td]Player[/td][td]2009-10[/td][td]2010-11[/td][td]2011-12[/td][td]2012-13[/td][td]2013-14[/td][td]2014-15[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jermaine O'Neal[/td][td]$23,016,000 [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]$15,779,912[/td][td]$17,149,243[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Quentin Richardson[/td][td]$8,700,000[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Udonis Haslem[/td][td]$7,100,000[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Michael Beasley[/td][td]$4,638,600[/td][td]$4,962,240[/td][td]$6,262,347[/td][td]Q-$8,172,363[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]James Jones[/td][td]$4,320,000[/td][td]$4,665,600[/td][td]$5,038,848[/td][td]$5,441,956[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Dorrell Wright[/td][td]$2,887,183[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Daequan Cook[/td][td]$1,362,120[/td][td]$2,169,857[/td][td]Q-$3,126,764[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Jamaal Magloire[/td][td]$1,187,686[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Carlos Arroyo[/td][td]$1,107,572[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Yakhouba Diawara[/td][td]$886,400[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Joel Anthony[/td][td]$825,497[/td][td]$885,120[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mario Chalmers[/td][td]$756,000[/td][td]$854,839[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Rafer Alston#[/td][td]$753,133[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Shavlik Randolph*[/td][td]$255,054[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Kenny Hasbrouck#[/td][td]$83,443[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Alade Aminu#[/td][td]$26,917[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]$73,685,517[/td][td]$30,686,899[/td][td]$11,301,195[/td][td]$5,441,956[/td][td]$0[/td][td]$0[/td][/tr][/table]
* No Longer With Team

Randolph was waived on 12/14/09 - the amount listed is the porportional part of his non-guaranteed minimum contract.

# - Alston was signed for the rest of the season on 1/7/10.

Kenny Hasbrouck was signed to a 10-day contract on 3/16/10 and a second on 3/26/10. Signed for the rest of the season on 4/5/10.

Alade Aminu signed a 10-day contract on 3/27/10.

Qualifying offers do not count towards the total team salary for that season and are informational only.

Miami HEAT Salary Cap Holds

[table][tr][td]Player[/td][td]2010-11[/td][td]2011-12[/td][td]2012-13[/td][td]2013-14[/td][td]2014-15[/td][td]2015-16[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jermaine O'Neal[/td][td] MAX 10+[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Quentin Richardson[/td][td]$13,050,000[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Udonis Haslem[/td][td]$10,600,000[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Dorrell Wright[/td][td] $5,774,366[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Yakhouba Diawara[/td][td] $1,063,680[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Jamaal Magloire[/td][td] $854,389[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Carlos Arroyo[/td][td] $854,389[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Rafer Alston[/td][td] $854,389[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Kenny Hasbrouck[/td][td]$762,195[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td] [/td][td] MAX 8[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Daequan Cook[/td][td] [/td][td] $6,509,571[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Joel Anthony[/td][td] [/td][td] $1,770,240[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mario Chalmers[/td][td] [/td][td] $1,709,678[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Michael Beasley[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] MAX 4[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]James Jones[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] $10,882,112[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
What is a cap hold? A cap hold is the amount of space a free agent counts towards a team's cap. These "cap holds" factor in when a team signs free agents. If they didn't exist, a team could use their cap space to sign other free agents until the space was gone, and then re-sign their own free agents using the Bird exception. A cap hold cannot exceed the maximum contract offer that player can receive on the open market (as defined by years of experience - indicated in the table above by MAX followed by the years of experience). The cap hold disappears if the team renounces their own free agent, that free agent signs with a new team, or re-signs with the same team.

I also added this to the 1st page

i thought james jones was a Unguaranteed?

No, it's partially guerantee. He will be gone and and it will be like a 1.5 mil hit on the cap.

As for UD, I think they're going to renouce his bird rights but I'm not 100% sure.

Originally Posted by hellomarco

wow o'neal really is a waste
laugh.gif

Not if you think in terms of the summer of 2010!

Also, I'm not saying he was worth the 23 Mil but he actually had a good reg season. I would take him back if he would take a vet min

here is the list i got from the other thread
TrillipinoTrapstar
humpasaurus rex
therealjondoe
black chiney
Will1NC
Dade Boy
H3at23
maimin2
Young Triz
JordanDon23
Speak up23
nbafatso

Originally Posted by hellomarco

wow o'neal really is a waste
laugh.gif

Not if you think in terms of the summer of 2010!

Also, I'm not saying he was worth the 23 Mil but he actually had a good reg season. I would take him back if he would take a vet min

We only got him for the expiring contract. But seriously, It's astounding to see what players got paid for the past 5-7 years. Didn't Steph Marbury lead the league in salary for a couple years?

Originally Posted by MiAmIbOi305

That potential free agent could be LeBron James,Pat Riley has shown interest in signing LeBron this off-season. Wade and LeBron together,that be nuts.

Nah. I say this has a 0% chance of happening. Not because the Heat aren't an attractive option with Wade + Riley. But because LeBron wants to find his Pippen. Wade is too good. They'd both be pseudo Jordans and that's just 1 too many.

here is the list i got from the other thread
TrillipinoTrapstar
humpasaurus rex
therealjondoe
black chiney
Will1NC
Dade Boy
H3at23
maimin2
Young Triz
JordanDon23