..::Official Miami Hurricanes @ Georgia Tech Thursday Night CFB 11/20::..

Glenn Cook = worst starting mike backer in the ACC. Aint no way you can tell me Arthur Brown is not better...

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Glenn Cook = worst starting mike backer in college football. Aint no way you can tell me Arthur Brown is not better...

From what I read in the local paper, Arthur has all of the talent in the world, but he doesn't know how to play football. Appearantly, his high schoolcoaches never really coached him in high school. He just got by on his superb athletism and natural insticts. The other end of that spectrum is a guy likeSean Spence. Sean isn't nearly as talented as Arthur, but he understand how to play, he has a high football IQ, and he has really good insticts. Being aMLB is as much football IQ as it is raw talent. I think with a full season under his blet, and Spring coaching, Arthur has a chance to be really good for usnext year.

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

This game is just getting out of hand now.
smh.gif

At this point I'd like to know all the divisional scenarios, because the division is going to be extremely muddled right now. We were in the driver's seat coming into tonight and just pissed it away.
Basically UVA and VT control their own destiny. If UVA beats Clemson and VT beats Duke, the winner of the UVA/VT game gets the division due to tiebreakers.

UNC-CH stays alive if either UVA or VT loses this weekend, and Georgia Tech is alive but needs a lot of help.

If NC State beats UNC-CH this weekend (say what you want, it can happen), Miami ain't keeping us away from a bowl game this year
devil.gif

i think VT has the best shot at the championship game now. they control their own destiny, so all they have to do is beat UVA and Duke. which is more thanlikely.

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Glenn Cook = worst starting mike backer in college football. Aint no way you can tell me Arthur Brown is not better...

From what I read in the local paper, Arthur has all of the talent in the world, but he doesn't know how to play football. Appearantly, his high school coaches never really coached him in high school. He just got by on his superb athletism and natural insticts. The other end of that spectrum is a guy like Sean Spence. Sean isn't nearly as talented as Arthur, but he understand how to play, he has a high football IQ, and he has really good insticts. Being a MLB is as much football IQ as it is raw talent. I think with a full season under his blet, and Spring coaching, Arthur has a chance to be really good for us next year.
Like some NTers said before the season, Football in Florida is a whole different monster than football in kansas

Originally Posted by CP1708

Let's keep gettin wins, I don't care what it leads too, just keep all these kids loving the feeling, and makin em hungry to do somethin even bigger next season.
pimp.gif

Can we get a haters roll call? Check in please, say hi.

Chester
Mike
Dre
Fresh
Any other Pac 9 guys that I might have upset this season.
frown.gif

laugh.gif

If I missed anybody, please raise your hand so we can add you to the list.

Tough one on the road for us. Our playcalling scares the crap outta me, U by a field goal.
nerd.gif
Can't say I'm a hater 'cause your scrub team nullifies anything you say about my scrub team
laugh.gif

smh.gif

Well, we had our shot but this team is not ready this year. But I am still proud of what this team has done this year.

We're still on the way back and tonight does not change that.

Originally Posted by Handsome Hustler

Spence isn't as talented as Arthur???

LMAO

Sorry, but talent includes the ability to play football.

Not really. You can be the most talented LB, but if you don't have the right form, know what position you should be in, or have the ability to readoffenses - you are worhtless. Talent can get you by when playing mediocre and sub par players, but when other people are as talented as you are, that is whenfootball IQ come into play. During the Spring, Coach Armstead commented on how raw Arthur was. He mention how Arthur couldn't even perform a text booktackle or read simple coverage. In high school, back at Kansas, Arthur's coaches just told him "see player with ball, blow up player with ball". He got away with it because he is/was a freak of nature. Unlike place like Kansas, most Florida, Texas, California teams run pro style defenses which demendmore out of players. Sean Spence is a beast and is a lock as a top 20 pick when he leaves school. He will be compare to Vilma and DJ Williams. On the otherhand, once Arther Brown learns his trade; he will be a top 10 pick.

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by Handsome Hustler

Spence isn't as talented as Arthur???

LMAO

Sorry, but talent includes the ability to play football.

Not really. You can be the most talented LB, but if you don't have the right form, know what position you should be in, or have the ability to read offenses - you are worhtless. Talent can get you by when playing mediocre and sub par players, but when other people are as talented as you are, that is when football IQ come into play. During the Spring, Coach Armstead commented on how raw Arthur was. He mention how Arthur couldn't even perform a text book tackle or read simple coverage. In high school, back at Kansas, Arthur's coaches just told him "see player with ball, blow up player with ball". He got away with it because he is/was a freak of nature. Unlike place like Kansas, most Florida, Texas, California teams run pro style defenses which demend more out of players. Sean Spence is a beast and is a lock as a top 20 pick when he leaves school. He will be compare to Vilma and DJ Williams. On the other hand, once Arther Brown learns his trade; he will be a top 10 pick.
You are describing Arthur's athleticism. Not his talent. Athleticism and talent is not the same thing. Athleticism can get you by when playingmediocre players, not talent.

Brown is very athletic but at football he isn't very talented. Talent is part athleticism and part knowledge of the game.

Spence is a better LB than Arthur right now. And I'll put money on it that he will be in the future.

Spence is special. Arthur is just a freak athlete as of right now.

Aaaannnnnnnnnnnd that is why we don't start "The U being back in the top 25
pimp.gif
" threads.
laugh.gif

We aren't back until we are #1 again. Not in the ACC, in the country.

(For Duck fans, #1 in the country is when they put that little one next to your team's name) But ya'll wouldn't know about that.

Pathetic last night, I bet them GT running backs slept like crazy last night becuase they did more running then Forrest Gump.
smh.gif

We still have A LOT of work to do. Hopefully we can finish out with a win, and use the practice time during the last month to get these guys more preparedfor next season. But I agree with Will, still a good season, just not by our standards.

I saw this coming. I just didn't want to believe.

This team is no good when people are expecting them to win. I just knew we were going to lose when everybody started hyping us up.
If this loss means Nix gets fired though then it was worth it. He has to go and hopefully all these young players will learn from this. I'm glad we'renot going to the ACC 'ship. Let's go play a meaningless Gator bowl. We should be better next year when Nix is gone and Jacory is starting.

Georgia Tech's fanbase is horrible though. They have no interest in football whatsoever. I was surround by a bunch of rich white dudes who graduated fromTech. They didn't even know who their starting QB was. They were talking about the market all night and I just wanted to slap one of them. Now i know whytheir whiteout failed so miserably.

I'm proud of this team regardless of last night's score, this season was a small stepping stone, if we finish the regular season 8-4 I would considerit a huge success considering how young our team is. But as DG Kyrk says, Nix needs to go and Jacory needs to start for this team to make further progress,last night's game proved this.

If this loss means Nix gets fired though then it was worth it.
I understand the whole "fire Nix" argument , but why would this game lead to him getting fired ?

the defense gave up 462 yards rushing for cryin out loud .

Originally Posted by renegade34474

I understand the whole "fire Nix" argument , but why would this game lead to him getting fired ?

Was it only 462?

Damn, that's better then I thought we gave up.
laugh.gif
frown.gif
sick.gif

But good point.

I don't care though, fire Nix anyways, his play calling sucks.

Originally Posted by renegade34474

I thought it was 472?

It's because of the winning streak we were on that people were forgetting how badly Nix sucked as if it didn't matter just because we were winning. Ifit takes this loss for people to realize that, especially Shannon, and he ends up fired then we're much better off. I couldn't care less about an ACCtitle and if we ever want to win the NC we have to get rid of Nix. If we would've won tonight and then gotten to the ACC champ and won then Nix wouldlikely be staying as OC. So I'll gladly take this L if we can get rid of him for next year.

And the defense was horrible too. But I can't blame Bill Young. Spence is the only player on D who even showed up. It doesn't matter who the DC is orwhat plays he calls if only 1 of 11 players show up to play. Bill Young didn't call a horrible game. We just got raped plain and simple. We got punched inthe grill and didn't do anything about it. There was fullbacks running through wide open holes for 40+ yarders. That's not about playcalling. Thedefense didn't even want to tackle them.

I sat right behind our bench. I could tell exactly who gave a damn and who didn't. Even before the kickoff I was looking at certain players, who Iwon't name, who had no emotion or enthusiasm whatsoever. Nothing that happened in this game was a surprise to me. Not even that 4th and 1 pass play to aWR behind the LOS that Nix called.

Originally Posted by DG Kyrk 33

And the defense was horrible too. But I can't blame Bill Young. Spence is the only player on D who even showed up. It doesn't matter who the DC is or what plays he calls if only 1 of 11 players show up to play. Bill Young didn't call a horrible game. We just got raped plain and simple. We got punched in the grill and didn't do anything about it. There was fullbacks running through wide open holes for 40+ yarders. That's not about playcalling. The defense didn't even want to tackle them.

I sat right behind our bench. I could tell exactly who gave a damn and who didn't. Even before the kickoff I was looking at certain players, who I won't name, who had no emotion or enthusiasm whatsoever. Nothing that happened in this game was a surprise to me. Not even that 4th and 1 pass play to a WR behind the LOS that Nix called.
Sorry.

But at the end of the day.

That all falls back on your DC and your HC.

ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom