Official Mikhail Prokhorov thread vol. Russian Billionaire/Absolute Dictator

With the Knicks getting two star players in July, the Nets becoming better under Prokhorov and the Celtics remaining strong for another 2-3 years, the 76ers getting the 2nd overall pick + Doug Collins, I have a feeling my Craptors will be parked in the Atlantic Division's dungeon for several years to come. 2011 draft lottery, here we come!

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

This dude comes across as an arrogant @+@!#!!. Doing interview spouting off a bunch of nonsense...dude just bought the team thinking its an automatic championship.

Rings don't come that easy, it doesn't matter how much money you have. I understand that this guy has more money than Cuban but Mark Cuban is a billionaire and still doesn't have a ring. It doesn't matter if this guy has $15 billion, its not like he can spend $8 billion on players. There is a salary cap, at some point you can only offer so much in salary. Hell, Cleveland had one of the top two players in the league and still couldn't win a championship.

I'll give the guy props if he wins a championship in the next 5 years, but the way he is talking he just thinks it going to be some walk in the park. I dont see it happening in 5 years or less, but there is always the possibility.

http://www.youtube.com/v/iWJQ_EN_0S8&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Terrence Williams, Courtney Lee, Yi, Lopez & Douglas-Roberts are all good players.

Add Cousins, Favors or trade up & take John Wall (I WISH) & that team can easily make the playoffs next year. Of course add a free agent (David Lee?), but yeah..

I was jealous, the dude made Heather Cox's knees buckle while holding the mic next to him yesterday.  I was like damn that is SWAG.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I knew someone was gonna make this thread!

Dudes pretty funny.

If there was no salary cap, I could understand this excitement for a Billionaire Russian owner. There is a salary cap, so I'm not sure how much room he has to do things other owners don't do. Maybe the arena will be nicer and the lockeroom will be pimped out, but that didn't help the Mavs win when it counted. This ain't Chelsea and he ain't Roman, there are limits in place, and they will handicap his spending ability greatly.

its not that hard to build a winner in the nba.

it is hard to win a championship because it takes luck and timing too.

thats why the mavs havent won one.

but any half-way intelligent gm wit a good 2-3 year plan can build a 50 win team pretty easy

you guys dont understand that a lot of teams lose on purpose.

these teams make more money when they lose because they dont have to pay huge salaries to star players

how do you think the clippers have been so bad for so long?  dont you think they would have folded by now?

they make more profit when they lose. donald sterling could have been built a winner a long time ago had he wanted to.

so being a winning team in the nba aint as hard as you think

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

If there was no salary cap, I could understand this excitement for a Billionaire Russian owner. There is a salary cap, so I'm not sure how much room he has to do things other owners don't do. Maybe the arena will be nicer and the lockeroom will be pimped out, but that didn't help the Mavs win when it counted. This ain't Chelsea and he ain't Roman, there are limits in place, and they will handicap his spending ability greatly.

There's no luxury tax for these guys to mess with if they go beyond the cap in basketball?

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

they make more profit when they lose. donald sterling could have been built a winner a long time ago had he wanted to.
yup the clippers could have had  a real nice run.. damn sterling for not paying studs like olowokandi, maurice taylor, bobby simmons, melvin ely, darius miles and quentin richardson.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

With the Knicks getting two star players in July, the Nets becoming better under Prokhorov and the Celtics remaining strong for another 2-3 years, the 76ers getting the 2nd overall pick + Doug Collins, I have a feeling my Craptors will be parked in the Atlantic Division's dungeon for several years to come. 2011 draft lottery, here we come!
I agree with this statement referring to the Raptors. But the Celtics? strong for 2-3 years? with what players outside of Rondo & Perkins?

^^Damn that Orange juice looks straight up delicious, no one even sipped theirs yet.Probably tastes even better than Simply Orange
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
^^

I don't know what to think about Jay anymore "thug migga till the end tell a friend @*%$%"
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
I mean I know he bit that line off Big, but still nothing about that picture or his current lifestyle shows me a thug

As for Prokhorov, dude is straight, I'd like to know how he plans to expand the Nets globally. Nets jerseys bout to be the new trend in Russia? I just hope he downs a couple bottles of vodka before games and acts a fool.

His comments after the lottery were funny....he was asked if he was disappointed that the Nets got the #3 pick....his comments were something along the lines of:

"There was man...trdafted with third pick. Michael Jordan. Perhaps you've heard of him."

read it w. the russian accent
laugh.gif

*The pic that DMB posted is great....2 of those dudes have most likely stabbed someome in thier lifetime (one of those guys for sure)....

Back
Top Bottom