Official Mikhail Prokhorov thread vol. Russian Billionaire/Absolute Dictator

01ol-greenlist-08-a_494811a.jpg
LOL@ some of dudes here sayin money talks and %$@!
If paul allen's portland hasn't won anything, and what makes Prokhorov a greatest owner already?
we all know allen > prokhorov

nets not going no where. don't get too excited.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

With the Knicks getting two star players in July, the Nets becoming better under Prokhorov and the Celtics remaining strong for another 2-3 years, the 76ers getting the 2nd overall pick + Doug Collins, I have a feeling my Craptors will be parked in the Atlantic Division's dungeon for several years to come. 2011 draft lottery, here we come!
I agree with this statement referring to the Raptors. But the Celtics? strong for 2-3 years? with what players outside of Rondo & Perkins?

Melo
nerd.gif

I think Prokhorov is a different beast. He's not your average billionaire investing in a team. Can't really explain it, but just feel he has that cut throat attitude and will get things done... Can't wait to see how things unfold.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

If paul allen's portland hasn't won anything, and what makes Prokhorov a greatest owner already?

son is mad cause Prokhorov got crazy swag 
laugh.gif

How about dirty money talks....

Paul Allen got crazy swag though just when his team was about to lose the home court because lease was up he just went, 'Alright, I'll just buy the damn arena then'  
pimp.gif
 Keep it mind, he owns another team in different league (Seahawks) and his 'guitar collection'. He got interest in lot of different things. Plus, lot of bonehead moves that Blazers have made was made by former Blazers' GM, Bob Whitsitt, Allen was just cutting checks for them. I wouldn't put entire blame on Paul Allen. Dude saved my football team, can't hate on him

Plus, he has cancer now
frown.gif
 he gotta pay them hospital bills...  

Originally Posted by Nash

I don't trust this dude
What do you think, he's going to kill the president and declare Martial Law in this country or something?

Lay off the Bruce Willis movies, ok chief?

This guy really seems determined to make the Nets a lot better. I like him so far and can't wait to see what he's got in store for us Nets fans.

The Blazers haven't done anything because they can't keep all their players on the court at the same time.
Nets are going to be fierce in three to five years, and that's without signing Lebron.

the blazers were a quarter away from the finals with that stacked and dysfunctional team. these days, they can barely stay healthy. not to mention, the curse of not drafting kevin durant will haunt that franchise for years.

What stopping him from offering LeBron a max contract and then hooking him up with boatloads of foreign money from advertisements in Russia, Europe, Asia etc?

I'm definitely interested in seeing what the Nets do this summer.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

I completely agree. The mere presence of this foreigner will captivate Brooklyn's finest to levels unseen in the history of the NBA. His henchmen alone will surely "persuade" Stern to grant the Nets an automatic 35 victories at the beginning of next season. His suits are the most eloquent, his women the most beautiful, and his vodka the purest.

And of course because of all this, LeBron James will easily sign over his life as a man to Mikhail Prokhorov. His players will serve, his fans will bow. He is surely the second coming.

This thread is only the first in a long list of things to come praising this modern day Jesus of the NBA. Props to you good sir, for getting the ball rolling.

He makes P. Diddy look a moderately rich black guy on "My Sweet 16". He makes Jay Z look like Eli "I'm the best mayne, I deed it" Porter.

If we don't make this thread 1000 pages by tomorrow morning, then we ourselves don't even deserve to discuss this man's "swag"

indifferent.gif

Someone drank a little too much douche juice
laugh.gif

Says the man who is apparently enthused over the riveting NHL Playoffs.
Actually, the NHL playoffs are usually 10x more riveting than the predictable NBA playoffs (and this is coming from someone who likes the NBA more than the NHL).

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

With the Knicks getting two star players in July, the Nets becoming better under Prokhorov and the Celtics remaining strong for another 2-3 years,the 76ers getting the 2nd overall pick + Doug Collins, I have a feelingmy Craptors will be parked in the Atlantic Division's dungeon forseveral years to come. 2011 draft lottery, here we come!
Iagree with this statement referring to the Raptors. But the Celtics?strong for 2-3 years? with what players outside of Rondo & Perkins?
They have Rondo signed for the long term, will likely resign Perkins next season, then they have Pierce for atleast 1 more season and KG for another 2 seasons. They should be respectable for atleast next season (finish over .500). Their situation isnt too bad...in 2 years time they will have a TON of cap room if KG and Pierce leave and they will have one of the best PGs in the league for only around $10 mill/season.

Maybe I exaggerated about the Celtics being strong but I expect them to be decent for atleast 1 more season. If they end up winning the title this season then I can see them re-upping Ray, Pierce and KG to reward them for bringing another title to the team.

Celtics won't be great, but they'll be like the Spurs of the East. They'll do work, win 50 games, and maybe make a run at the Eastern Conference Finals.

Says the man who is apparently enthused over the riveting NHL Playoffs.
Actually, the NHL playoffs are usually 10x more riveting than the predictable NBA playoffs (and this is coming from someone who likes the NBA more than the NHL).

Ah of course. My apologies.

This guy seems like a pretty dedicated owner, and a crapload of money at his disposal. Not excited that he's in our division...
laugh.gif

Dude seems like he's willing to put in the maximum effort to make the Nets winners and as a fan of a team thats what you ask for in ownership. It doesn't guarantee their going to win titles as is the case with Dallas and Mark Cuban, but you know that ownership is committed to doing everything possible to build a title contender and thats what you ask for as a fan.

Originally Posted by ChiTownRivera07

Looks like he kills people for fun

His 'lost' yacht is probably full of people who he was at one time offended by, just waiting to get dropped off on his private island, where he hunts them a la The Most Dangerous Game.

Back
Top Bottom