OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins 2009 Season Thread (87-76)---> AL CENTRAL CHAMPS! Great season guys.

pimp.gif

*ahem* I've been idly watching what's going on....Baseball season, it seems, appears to not be over just yet after all.....Today is huge.

As usual, the twins will miss out on the post season, only to be given excuses by fans stating " Oh Morneau was hurt" and "Our third basemenwere out" Suck it up and prove me wrong minny, prove that you can win a division you should have locked up a month ago when you were losing to the royalsand indians when you should have been winning. We have arguably the two best players in the American league on the same team we should have won this divisioneven with our mediocre pitching.

Don't think for a second I got lost in the Vikings hype to forget about the Twins baby!!!...It's happening.

Game 2 should be on ESPN 2 I believe...I'm watching.

Come on guys, this thread should be lively right now. I have recently had an injection of optimism the past few days. Why? Common sense logic basically. One:we are playing our best baseball of the seaon; two: Detroit is not; three: we're now 10-6 against the Tigers this season. The simple math (granted mathdoes not and never will effect the outcome of a sporting event) says that we have an outstanding chance of taking over this division. I feel very confidentabout these remaining games in Comerica. Just need a couple adequate starts from Pavano and Baker. Now lets go out and do it bleep bleep it.

I just want to take a few minutes to rant.

I have been pretty much a die hard twins fan for the better half of my life now. I follow the Phillies, but the twins have had my heart ever since I saw howHunter laid it out on the line after every play. From how they treat eachother like family. How the clubhouse is as tight as can be EVERY year. On to thedarker side of things.

I am not sure exactly why, but Minnesota fans are easily the lamest in baseball. Every year we bash the vikings for not winning playoff games, despite the factthat every year they sign a top free agent, and spend top dollars to get them here. The vikings try, and it shows. The front office brought in a dominant end,a top receiver and now Favre. The twins? All they do is let Hunter, Santana, Garza, Bartlett go for basically nothing, and this wouldn't even be so bad ifthey had a plan or agenda in the mix. But it is apparent that they don't. They said they would bump the payroll 20 mill due to the new stadium, Orly? Imean seriously imagine if we had just two of the stars we let go? Bartlett and Hunter. Santana and Garza. We would have been won a title.

Granted they did produce Cuddy, Kubel, and Morneau and Mauer are anchors for the next 5 - 10 years. What about the other positions? If we want to have a chanceat winning in the post season we have to come to terms with the fact that the yankees, sox, and angels are always going to be there with superior talent, untilwe actually get some....I mean really? Up 2 with 1 inning left, and we still can't hold them? Talent wins championships, and when it comes to talent we arealways the jv squad in the playoffs. Go ahead surprise me twins, but I have no doubt that Punto Young and our atrocious pitching staff is still here next year.Surprise me twins I hope I am wrong.

laugh.gif
God this Johan trade keeps looking better and better by the month

[h1]Twins trade Gomez to Brewers for shortstop Hardy[/h1]
Outfielder Carlos Gomez had been with the Twins since February 2008. Nicknamed "Go-Go," he brought excitement to the team with his blazing speed and defensive skills, but also frustrated coaches and fans with his lapses.

With one swift move, the Twins addressed two important needs today, trading center fielder Carlos Gomez to the Brewers for former All-Star shortstop J.J. Hardy.

The move gives the Twins a shortstop to replace free agent Orlando Cabrera and clears up an outfield logjam.

Last season, Gomez shared time in the Twins outfield with Delmon Young while rotating Denard Span among the three outfield spots. But now the Twins can keep Young in left field and Span in center - his natural position.

Hardy, 27, was an All-Star in 2007 when he slugged 27 home runs, but he slumped to .228 with 11 home runs and 47 RBI in 115 games last season for the Brewers, and even got demoted to Class AAA Nashville for a spell.

The Brewers have Alcides Escobar to replace Hardy at shortstop and needed a center fielder, since Mike Cameron is a free agent.

Hardy made $4.65 million last season and could see that salary increase beyond $6 million through arbitration. But his time in Nashville last season will prevent him from becoming a free agent until after the 2011 season.

Back
Top Bottom