Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

kiss cut isn't a big deal on an authentic

as eyanks said.. they did layer for decades.. literally.

only recently they started to randomly do kiss cut, first one at least NBA wise was the Steph Curry?

The kiss cut wasn't a popular style until recently. It's apparently harder to sew, but it makes the jersey lighter since it's less material, so it's a thing now with the big push to make jerseys as light as possible, as these athletes can't handle the extra 2 ounces of jersey weight.

Between 2000-2004, the wolves made small changes pretty much every season.

The Wolves were kiss cut by 2003-2004 season. But The Mitchell and Ness version is *closer to 99-00 season anyway*. The stacked twill, fabric, and name font match is almost spot on to 99-00. Just buy it and ignore the year tag. It’s a good remake, just technically labeled the wrong year.

If they make another “03-04” jersey, they need to kiss cut it AND fix the name font. Hope they do.

The Wolves were kiss cut by 2003-2004 season. But The Mitchell and Ness version is *closer to 99-00 season anyway*. The stacked twill, fabric, and name font match is almost spot on to 99-00. Just buy it and ignore the year tag. It’s a good remake, just technically labeled the wrong year.

If they make another “03-04” jersey, they need to kiss cut it AND fix the name font. Hope they do.

Yes, I feel like they did this with another jersey recently, can't remember which, where it was accurate for a different year other than the one tagged. M&N isn't the brightest company out there.

Bape comin soon..

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 9.07.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 9.07.46 PM.png

If you're referring to Mitchell & Ness NFL jerseys, go one size down from what you normally wear. You're right about the sleeves being wide, I have no idea why they cut the sleeves baggy. That's so inaccurate because football jerseys aren't supposed to be baggy, but more like snug and smaller by default realistically based on how they're worn on field.

I should rectify that I was referring to the NFL jersey sleeves being too baggy and not snug and smaller hugging your arm.

I wear a 52 in the NFL and MLB jerseys and a 56 in NBA jerseys.

I hate the fact the sleeves on the NFL jerseys are so big. The MLB jerseys are perfect.

You 6ft 170 and wearing a XXL?

Wth is going on lol

I don't mind maintaining my style. I'm comfortable wearing loose clothing. I refuse to follow suit with most people who wear tight stuff nowadays.

At least I'm not wearing 3XL like I did last decade anymore. I haven't worn that for years because I realized I made a mistake going too big. Large is my default size but I wear my street clothes XXL.

I wear a 52 in the NFL and MLB jerseys and a 56 in NBA jerseys.

I hate the fact the sleeves on the NFL jerseys are so big. The MLB jerseys are perfect.

It's funny I was discussing that earlier today with the NFL jersey sleeves being too big and baggy. It just looks so inaccurate that way when sleeves should be smaller and shorter giving it a snuggling look.

With that dunk contest Vince releasing, somebody mentioned looking into the Nike authentics. Found one. Looks good but need some more eyes on it.

20190913_231030.jpg
20190913_231111.jpg
20190913_231136.jpg
20190913_231157.jpg
20190913_231222.jpg
20190913_231241.jpg

I noticed that on the Timberwolves jerseys. I had all 3 Reebok retail authentics. None of them were kiss cut. They changed the jersey material up slightly on the ones I bought in 04 compared to the one I copped in 02. They took the outline off the name on the back of the jerseys before the 04-05 season. The name Timberwolves was sublimated on the front of the retail starter authentics, similar to how the team name was on the old pinstripe Orlando Magic authentics. To my knowledge the actual starter gamers had the name Timberwolves sewn in. But they did a bunch of subtle changes to their jerseys.

I’d cop that KG for the right price. The minor errors aren’t that serious to me. Now the wrong material like how they did the black jerseys would be a deal breaker for me.

Back
Top Bottom