Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

76ers converted to that shiny dazzle material when they made all their 3 jerseys with wide shoulder cut standard for 2000-01 season when they went to 2001 NBA Finals and lost to my Lakers 4-1 and Iverson was awarded 2001 NBA MVP.

76ers wore the traditional tank top cut with the mesh for the home white and road black jerseys between 1997-98 to 1999-00. I don't recall when the alternate blue jerseys were instituted honestly but they always had the wide shoulder cut regardless of mesh or dazzle materials.

Did some more research and you’re right. Looks like Sixers debuted that blue alternate for the 99-00 season with the wide shoulder cut and that was the last year of traditional mesh

Has anyone fact checked that wide shoulder Iverson jersey?? I always thought that the Sixers switched over to that shiny dazzle material when they went to the wide shoulder cut
I thought the same but some quick googling confirmed it was accurate. there was someone selling an Ivo gamer from that season. Blue alternate, wide shoulders, open mesh.

my first authentic jersey ever was the iverson wide shoulder joint the black one... i think it was champion

I'm finally getting around to posting the white 76ers Allen Iverson I got earlier this year.
IMG_3899.JPG
IMG_3900.JPG

I actually had the fitted 76ers hat since 2005.
IMG_3902.JPG

I got these Foamposite Lite 10 years ago. I hope they hold up with this jersey and hat.
IMG_3903.JPG

I'm finally getting around to posting the white 76ers Allen Iverson I got earlier this year.
IMG_3899.JPG
IMG_3900.JPG

I actually had the fitted 76ers hat since 2005.
IMG_3902.JPG

I got these Foamposite Lite 10 years ago. I hope they hold up with this jersey and hat.
IMG_3903.JPG
These 76ers jerseys are nice. But for some reason the Sixers graphic on the narrow jerseys don't look proportional to the garment compared to the wide shoulder ones.

These 76ers jerseys are nice. But for some reason the Sixers graphic on the narrow jerseys don't look proportional to the garment compared to the wide shoulder ones.

Are you referring to the script on the front of the jersey?

I noticed the script on the white and black jerseys are smaller and the script on the alternate blue is larger. I believe it's somewhat accurate for the colors because I researched photos online and the proportion sizes differed based on jersey color.

Are you referring to the script on the front of the jersey?

I noticed the script on the white and black jerseys are smaller and the script on the alternate blue is larger. I believe it's somewhat accurate for the colors because I researched photos online and the proportion sizes differed based on jersey color.
yes i was referring to the script. i have both the dazzle 76ers jersey in black 00/01 and blue 99/00. It appears the 97/98 ones look smaller.

yes i was referring to the script. i have both the dazzle 76ers jersey in black 00/01 and blue 99/00. It appears the 97/98 ones look smaller.

I believe the 1997-98 white and black 76ers jerseys, the first season they changed to those uniforms with the mesh material, had smaller script. I'm positive they made the script size equally proportional when they began wearing dazzle material for all 3 jerseys and modified all of them with the wide shoulder cut in 2000-01 season.

The early versions have smaller fonts.

Pics courtesy of Layupshot. My go to for NBA game worn research lol

alleniverson03_front.jpg
alleniverson02_front.jpg

Thanks for sharing to provide us with reference.

I also have the black 76ers Iverson jersey which I'll get around to posting eventually. But for some odd reason I feel the Mitchell & Ness version I have has a smaller font than the one in that posted photo. And I can tell that it's a pro-cut jersey that's pictured.

my first authentic jersey ever was the iverson wide shoulder joint the black one... i think it was champion
I think that may have been my first NBA authentic as well lol. Think it's still at my mom crib...wanna go grab that mofo.

I lost most of my jerseys from my teenage years. I know I gave away my blue T-Mac authentic to my brother. Still got my Jordan Bullets authentic. Got my Rose. Left a decent amount of jerseys at JSU including an M&N Sixers Malone, Crush Orange Elway, and authentic Elton Brand blue Clippers alternate.

Hey are any of y’all familiar with the store collectibles of the game in Tennessee? I’m about to get something from them and just wanted to know before i purchased if anybody had any background info on them?

I’m trying to use that code on some 96-97 Lakers shorts. I hit two different sellers up asking if they would change the category they’re listed as to clothing and accessories so I can use the promo code.

Let’s see if they like money and do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom