Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Yo eBay is flooded with these, did these hit Marshalls or Ross or something? I need one bad!

669F782F-426F-47F1-8F1E-78F86ACC3E32.jpeg

Hey can anyone let me know if the champion authentic jersey sizing is similar to M&N? Does a 44 champion fit the same as a 44 M&N NBA jersey?
Well thats my size. I have 44 in Champion and M&N jerseys. I like how those sizes fit. So in my opinion I would say yes they are roughly the same.

Heat pressed >>>> stitching

I think another problem is stitching is so common and it’s on so many fakes so it doesn’t look as special to me.

Watching this MJ dic makes me regret selling my Knicks warmups and makes me really want that Master P Hornets. Seeing the Hornets reminded me how obsessed I was with those jerseys.

Oh man, don't get me started on bootleg jerseys! That's exactly a selling point sellers of fakes convey, it's stitched. But it's still fake to knowledgeable collectors and enthusiasts. Yeah they're fake like in 1990 when Hulk Hogan had his ribs broken when Earthquake and his fat butt squashed him 3 times on the Brother Love Show when it was only a ruse because he needed time off to film that crappy Suburban Commando movie and he was getting prepared for the birth of his future jailbird son. Let's not forget his son Nick had to serve time for reckless driving due to illegal street racing and caused his former friend who was a passenger permanent brain damage because of that.

Since you have an affinity for Hornets jerseys, get a correct one of a legitimate player in Larry Johnson whose career trajectory was really high until he sustained a major back injury, not a polarizing individual like Master P because he was only a mediocre guy with a delusional dream of making it to the NBA at an older age along with not having competed for several years. He was basically a preseason sideshow of a joke to sell tickets due to a lamebrain idea by an incompetent owner in George Shinn.

But I'll say it's quite unique to want a jersey of a guy who averaged 1.9 points per game in preseason which rendered him useless on a NBA roster.

I got this LJ jersey some time last fall. Hornets always had awesome jerseys during their first and original incarnation in the '90s, but absolutely nothing has been good about that team in its second incarnation with Michael Jordan as the owner.
IMG_4122.JPG
IMG_4124.JPG

Oh man, don't get me started on bootleg jerseys! That's exactly a selling point sellers of fakes convey, it's stitched. But it's still fake to knowledgeable collectors and enthusiasts. Yeah they're fake like in 1990 when Hulk Hogan had his ribs broken when Earthquake and his fat butt squashed him 3 times on the Brother Love Show when it was only a ruse because he needed time off to film that crappy Suburban Commando movie and he was getting prepared for the birth of his future jailbird son. Let's not forget his son Nick had to serve time for reckless driving due to illegal street racing and caused his former friend who was a passenger permanent brain damage because of that.

Since you have an affinity for Hornets jerseys, get a correct one of a legitimate player in Larry Johnson whose career trajectory was really high until he sustained a major back injury, not a polarizing individual like Master P because he was only a mediocre guy with a delusional dream of making it to the NBA at an older age along with not having competed for several years. He was basically a preseason sideshow of a joke to sell tickets due to a lamebrain idea by an incompetent owner in George Shinn.

But I'll say it's quite unique to want a jersey of a guy who averaged 1.9 points per game in preseason which rendered him useless on a NBA roster.

I got this LJ jersey some time last fall. Hornets always had awesome jerseys during their first and original incarnation in the '90s, but absolutely nothing has been good about that team in its second incarnation with Michael Jordan as the owner.
IMG_4122.JPG
IMG_4124.JPG

Won’t see me in anything but a Knicks jersey or an All Star jersey.

Go without the Hat or have it be the same teal or a purple hat, other than that nice fit

Close enough. It seems to be hard to get a 100% color match with hats realistically as I've seen over the years. Perhaps it's the material that makes the color have a slight discrepancy with jerseys.

Wish they fixed the numbering on the 91-92 “the shrug” MJ jersey. All they had to do was use the same heat pressed number as the Rookie jersey. Numbers on the shrug and the other heat pressed 80’s jerseys (minus the rookies) are the same on the back — Bulky (yes, these types of details I pay attention to and they irk me 🤷🏽‍♂️) Is it that hard to fix this issue?

also, for the back alternate the numbers aren’t accurate on front or back. Take the numbers from the pinstripe jersey and throw that on there..why change these things? /rant

That white Kobe is needed. They should’ve did the gold 24 with the 2010 finals patch since they won that game 7 at home in the gold jerseys.

they lost the only game they wore the white jerseys in the 2010 finals. But didn’t lose while wearing the Sunday whites in the 2008 and 2009 finals.

I actually have the authentic white 24 from that years finals that I added the finals patch too and I’ve always thought the same thing. I had to do some research and find actual pics from that 2010 series to see if they actually wore it during that series before having the patch put on.

I actually have the authentic white 24 from that years finals that I added the finals patch too and I’ve always thought the same thing. I had to do some research and find actual pics from that 2010 series to see if they actually wore it during that series before having the patch put on.

I had it too. In 2010 right before the playoffs started, the Lakers store website had all their Authentics marked down half off. (Assuming clearing inventory out since they knew they were switching to Rev 30’s). Once they won the title, I ordered a 2010 patch and put it on my gold kobe and did the 09 patch for the purple and white.

I really regret eventually selling them a few years later.

I had it too. In 2010 right before the playoffs started, the Lakers store website had all their Authentics marked down half off. (Assuming clearing inventory out since they knew they were switching to Rev 30’s). Once they won the title, I ordered a 2010 patch and put it on my gold kobe and did the 09 patch for the purple and white.

I really regret eventually selling them a few years later.

yup that’s exactly what happened, I remember I paid less than $200 or something for mine. I usually wore like a 44 in those adidas authentics but had to get a 48 which fit me a bit big but that’s all they had. Wore it no more than 2 times. I swear I was getting really to sell it just weeks before Kobe passed. Now it will sit in the closet with the rest of the collection.

yup that’s exactly what happened, I remember I paid less than $200 or something for mine. I usually wore like a 44 in those adidas authentics but had to get a 48 which fit me a bit big but that’s all they had. Wore it no more than 2 times. I swear I was getting really to sell it just weeks before Kobe passed. Now it will sit in the closet with the rest of the collection.

they did run big. I got a size 48. I remember that’s when I was the midst of transitioning my collection from way too big on me jersey era size 56’s to down to size 52 in 2007 or so, to finally my normal size 48.

I have the gold and purple m&n Kobe 24 jerseys now. That white one will be purchased to complete the set again. It’s the rare occasion I prefer the m&n version over the older authentic, since the m&n version has the correct kiss cut numbering style they wore during those seasons.

I saw that BSTN restocked on MJ jerseys. Anything Bulls is going quick. Still holding out for pinstripes and all black.

Back
Top Bottom