Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Seeing the recent Nike Kobe’s makes me think of the early 2000s with the bootleg mixing/matching.

Nike might as well made the front a purple 8 and the back a gold 24. Especially feel some type of way with the current jerseys and Kobe on it.

For Kobe Bean
5F5071BB-D2B5-4523-BBBC-BCB4D505FCD4.jpeg
696F00E2-3EEE-4801-A506-6906044007A9.jpeg

20200824_225235.jpg

Happy Mamba day, still miss you Kobe
My yellow one has the 60th Anniversary patch. For some reason I thought all of those came with the patch by default. I assumed they always had the patch on them whenever they wore those retro jerseys that season. I honestly don't recall seeing them wearing those without the patch. Perhaps I missed it somehow.

I’ve got that same yellow throwback #24 without the 60th patch stashed away in my old bedroom at my parents place. I think it’s from the first run that M&N produced

It looks like I have to start over with all the authentic NBA jerseys I got during the 2000s. I assumed they were accurate with the font sizes of the letters and numbers. I even assumed they had the correct stitching style because all of the ones I have are layered. I mean isn't that what authentic is all about?

But upon seeing Mitchell & Ness versions of the ones I have within the last few years, I now realize years later that the companies who had the license to make them in the 2000s weren't good with accuracy and detail, and sometimes quality too. It's going to be a big job for me if I try to replace them with Mitchell & Ness versions going forward.

Anyone else dealing with this perhaps?

I understand what you’re saying but I do think it comes down to personal preference. For Kobe jerseys, M&N is using game specs as examples ie using kiss cut design which retail authentics of the time didn’t feature

If the Kobe 98 purple All star jersey gets discounted, Ill hop on it and gladly let go of my Kobe 96 rookie jerry west brown logo joint:lol:

I’m starting to think the same thing. Seeing a bunch of members post their 98 ASG Kobes with the red white blue NBA logo and all star patch really makes that jersey stand out

I understand what you’re saying but I do think it comes down to personal preference. For Kobe jerseys, M&N is using game specs as examples ie using kiss cut design which retail authentics of the time didn’t feature

I agree personal preference is key.

I prefer games specs as you stated. My interpretation of authentic was an exact replication or very similar resemblance of the game jerseys.

But I understand that more than 50% of jersey enthusiasts don't care about game specs like me as long as it's a legitimate authentic and not a bootleg jersey or a piece of crap swingman jersey. Quality and a legitimate product is key for them and satisfactory.

*why doesnt a celebrity who loves the throwback style buy it. Or a number of people. And make the jerseys exact or near exact like 1st gen jerseys ?

*why doesnt a celebrity who loves the throwback style buy it. Or a number of people. And make the jerseys exact or near exact like 1st gen jerseys ?

I know, right?

It would be nice if they made the authentic jerseys like the older era jerseys from the 2000s with the same material and workmanship, but not too long and wide, get the font sizes and placement of the letters and number correct, and use the correct shades of colors for the materials and letters and numbers.

It looks like I have to start over with all the authentic NBA jerseys I got during the 2000s. I assumed they were accurate with the font sizes of the letters and numbers. I even assumed they had the correct stitching style because all of the ones I have are layered. I mean isn't that what authentic is all about?

But upon seeing Mitchell & Ness versions of the ones I have within the last few years, I now realize years later that the companies who had the license to make them in the 2000s weren't good with accuracy and detail, and sometimes quality too. It's going to be a big job for me if I try to replace them with Mitchell & Ness versions going forward.

Anyone else dealing with this perhaps?

You're just gonna drive yourself insane worrying about stuff like this and if you're concerned w/ accuracy, you minus whale just dump your entire M&N collection because most of them aren't going to be on court spec.

Bulls authentics ordered on 8/12 still haven’t shipped

Annoying man, I copped my barber white Bulls authentics from Corporate and they came in 2 days, was looking at them shorts and shaking my head, M&N customer service is fing trash, packages are moving throughout the country with no delay, what is their excuse

Last edited:
Same with those Bulls shorts. Their shipping turnaround time is straight garbage and laughable at this point. I’m hoping there’s nothing I have to order from them after this until they can get that fixed.

Back
Top Bottom